Page 2488 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2485, 2486, 2487, 2488, 2489, 2490, 2491 ... 4092  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:02 pm

It just feels like all the years I've gone through will just end up in vain if I let go of wanting a relationship as well as my other dreams. What was it all for? For nothing? I used to dream I would finally announce to the forum I finally found love after feeling like it would never happen and help show others that it's still possible even if you missed out before but that day looks more and more unlikely. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:05 pm

The attainment of your “other dreams” will lead to more success in the relationship realm.

Not even the attainment. The working towards that attainment.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

Mark, here's my prediction if you find all that success, you'll get bored and stressed from it all and all the value you got from it originally disappears and then you'll try to find another way to find that same value. Think about it. As a kid didn't you wish you'd get a job and find a home and not live homeless. Well, now that you are not homeless and have a job you were happy once about it, but then its value is lost and you face the reality of the stress of work. It's probably going to be the same with getting a relationship. It'll feel great at first, and then once all the emotions are put aside it get's serious, now you have to have chores, you have to get a job, you have to get a car, you have to be willing to listen, and the list gets bigger each time you have more of these things you want. I'm not saying it's not impossible to find happiness in love, but you need to be realistic about what you want.

I never had a love life, but if any sort of advice I'd say, is that get your life situated first and be happy first before you find a date, but I really don't know what to say. Hopefully this helps, and take what I say with a grain of salt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

I feel many people get satisfactory relationships while in college.

Even quite “weird” people.

Marknis probably needs to work on letting insults, sarcasm, macho posturing, etc. slide off his back. He needs to know he is viable, and that people who make stupid speculations about him are the stupid ones.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:33 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:40 pm

^ At least they could have calculated angles of trajectory.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:47 pm

:lol: or used the cosh button on their calculator

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:14 am

i've been in college since october 2015 and haven't gotten to know a single person.

next month will be my 4 year WPaversary and still i haven't resolved the issue that brought me here. :) i've accepted the possibility that it will remain unsolved for the rest of my days.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:17 am

That's life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:20 am

I’m surprised, Kip. You’re a smart man of reason. People are missing out. Your sagacity would be a delight to any woman.

Have you decided on a major?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:31 am

i think i'm gonna do linguistics (not big surprise) but i've been doing general biology up until this point. hopefully i won't have to go back to square one, that's a big fear.

as for sagacity, i think one girl in particular likes it since she's stuck with me for nearly three years now.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2018, 12:34 am

Speaking of linguistics, I found this translator, and so far I've been playing around with it. I found that languages like Spanish and Italian are easier to translate from English to than say languages like Chinese or Russian.

I'd look at it.

https://quest-app.appspot.com/

It's called QTranslate. I at one point wanted to use it for making subtitles for films to translate to Spanish and Italian, because I am a fan of low-budget foreign films going into the states, and felt Europeans may like reading about my films.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:36 am

that's to be expected. western european languages have the most in common with english.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2018, 12:38 am

Learning a foreign language is fun.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:54 am

making them from scratch is something else :roll:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:56 am

ZZZTired wrote:
Mark, here's my prediction if you find all that success, you'll get bored and stressed from it all and all the value you got from it originally disappears and then you'll try to find another way to find that same value. Think about it. As a kid didn't you wish you'd get a job and find a home and not live homeless. Well, now that you are not homeless and have a job you were happy once about it, but then its value is lost and you face the reality of the stress of work. It's probably going to be the same with getting a relationship. It'll feel great at first, and then once all the emotions are put aside it get's serious, now you have to have chores, you have to get a job, you have to get a car, you have to be willing to listen, and the list gets bigger each time you have more of these things you want. I'm not saying it's not impossible to find happiness in love, but you need to be realistic about what you want.

I never had a love life, but if any sort of advice I'd say, is that get your life situated first and be happy first before you find a date, but I really don't know what to say. Hopefully this helps, and take what I say with a grain of salt.

I don't own my own home and my job has been stressful since day one. To be honest, I thought I was going to be a little boy forever.