What do you think about the European Immigration Crisis

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 2:09 pm

Chancellor Merkel and her minion Donald Tusk our former prime minister (Poland)

They want to force Poland to accept refugees from the Middle East, and more specifically with Syria, occupied by ISIS.
I am sure that nobody in my country would not mind if it was clear that none of these refugees is not a sleeper agent for ISIS, if it is known that most of these refugees are those most disadvantaged in this whole war namely Syrian Christians.

Recently I read an article written by our Polish nationalists, I do not fondle for them, but the author was right.

The author wrote in it that most of these refugees are Muslims, and not some normal Muslims, but radicals who actively support terrorist activity ISIS mention it also born in Britain of young Muslims who have joined the ISIS, and the fact that it is the Muslim radicals from Germany were behind the terrorist attacks in the US on the World Trade Center and Penatagon, September 11, 2001.

The author wrote that the experiment with multiculturalism simply failed, because immigrants do not want to assimilate and adopt Western values. also wrote about the burning cars on the streets of Paris, and the police which does not react because of political correctness because they are afraid they will be seen as a xenophobe and a racist.

That one day these refugees feel too confident and start to make the right Shariat and set fire to cars in the street as they do in France, Belgium and Germany, with the difference that we Poles do not care about political correctness and those who started to do it quickly that hung on street lamps and then of Western newspapers that wrote in manner how Polish people are maen and bad.

I do not share the opinion of this guy but has a lot reason, unfortunately.

I'm curious what all about this Americans think, with all due respect to the American nation, if not the mess that made the US armed forces in the Middle East would not be so many of these refugees from Syria in Europe.
Americans complain about illegal immigrants from Mexico, and in its entirety for Latin Americans, but at any rate these people are almost the same cultural circle as  Americans, at least when it comes to religion

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm

For starters, you can't blame the roots of this mess on the U.S. The English and the French divided the spoils of war after the breakup of the Ottoman Empire without any thought as to establishing historic and/or ethnic borders. So we first have unnatural tensions inside of these countries.
Then along comes Obama and Clinton and their destabilization of existing regimes, which while not exactly choir boys, certainly were someone most of the people in their respective countries could live with.
Finally, I have to agree with you about accepting immigrants who would be an undigestable lump in the stomach of your society. In bygone eras, immigrants to the U.S. were anxious to assimilate into our society. Nowadays, we are supposed to bend over backwards for them and learn their ways, while we suck hind tit.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 6:19 pm

glebel wrote:
Then along comes Obama and Clinton and their destabilization of existing regimes.

Gaww that is disingenuous and thinly veiled.

How did you miss out GHWB and GWB?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

Iraq war an utter disaster. ISIS grew out of that failure and exploited instability in Syria.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

glebel wrote:
For starters, you can't blame the roots of this mess on the U.S. The English and the French divided the spoils of war after the breakup of the Ottoman Empire without any thought as to establishing historic and/or ethnic borders. So we first have unnatural tensions inside of these countries.
Then along comes Obama and Clinton and their destabilization of existing regimes, which while not exactly choir boys, certainly were someone most of the people in their respective countries could live with.
Finally, I have to agree with you about accepting immigrants who would be an undigestable lump in the stomach of your society. In bygone eras, immigrants to the U.S. were anxious to assimilate into our society. Nowadays, we are supposed to bend over backwards for them and learn their ways, while we suck hind tit.

You said: "Nowadays, we are supposed to bend over backwards for them and learn their ways, while we suck hind tit." and I thought I'd pass this along:

I, like many my age, contributed (in my case since about 1956) to government programs designed to strengthen our country....and of course Social Security. Now people coming into this country illegally receive more benefits than our retired citizens. They immediately get on welfare programs offered by the government, get drivers licenses, get free schooling, free medical care and food (also for parents and other family members), etc. etc. etc.......

.......and included in their free health care are things like eyeglasses and hearing aids...which Medicare for seniors will NOT pay for. So essentially all the seniors on Medicare....which they've paid for and supported while working, get less government assistance than illegals.

Is that enough "hind tit" for you?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm

While it is true only breeds survive, it is more reason to protect them.

The latest, the Neanderthal genome survives up to 7% in North Europe, and it is not all the same, the whole genome has survived in fragments. Lesser amounts in the Han Chinese, and nothing to the south, Africa, South Asia.

The art, music, and many other things are first found with the Neanderthals. These traits continue in European art and music.

Science, creative work, inventions, Europe lead the world.

Without them, this planet would still be Paleolithic.

The Islamic world was better in 1300, but left to their own devices, they fell backward in time.

Africa was better under colonial rule, but left to their own devices, they produce starvation out of plenty.

China had some good times, but stagnated long before the Europeans came.

Europe rises and falls, and rises again, it is the fountain of mental development for the planet.

Chocolate and Beer!

Neanderthal genetics are our most valuable resource.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 1:05 pm

ZenDen wrote:
glebel wrote:

You said: "Nowadays, we are supposed to bend over backwards for them and learn their ways, while we suck hind tit." and I thought I'd pass this along:

I, like many my age, contributed (in my case since about 1956) to government programs designed to strengthen our country....and of course Social Security. Now people coming into this country illegally receive more benefits than our retired citizens. They immediately get on welfare programs offered by the government, get drivers licenses, get free schooling, free medical care and food (also for parents and other family members), etc. etc. etc.......

.......and included in their free health care are things like eyeglasses and hearing aids...which Medicare for seniors will NOT pay for. So essentially all the seniors on Medicare....which they've paid for and supported while working, get less government assistance than illegals.

Yeah, I've been paying in since 1979, and all I have is V.A. health benefits, which doesn't include either eye or dental care. My late wife, who was 6 years older than me, paid into Social Security until she got sick, and we had the devil's own time getting SSI for her. We got her on MediCal because I couldn't afford to keep her on my then insurance plan, and when she needed glasses, they said no. And, as a capper, when she died 2 months shy of her 50th birthday, MediCal sent me a notice that if she would've lived until then, they would have seized what little we had to recoup what they expended on medical care ( this holds true for people from the ages of 50 to 65). I love socialized medicine!
And another thing, as an example, I work as a gardener in a rural community were the available work is limited. There is a Mexican guy up here that is cutting my throat. He charges so little that he can't possibly be working legally. This is also happening to people I know in the construction trades. So there's another reason to keep these people out. They're double-dippers, stealing the food out of our mouths on the one hand and over-taxing the social services on the other. :evil:

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 12:26 pm

glebel wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
glebel wrote:

Yeah, I've been paying in since 1979, and all I have is V.A. health benefits, which doesn't include either eye or dental care. My late wife, who was 6 years older than me, paid into Social Security until she got sick, and we had the devil's own time getting SSI for her. We got her on MediCal because I couldn't afford to keep her on my then insurance plan, and when she needed glasses, they said no. And, as a capper, when she died 2 months shy of her 50th birthday, MediCal sent me a notice that if she would've lived until then, they would have seized what little we had to recoup what they expended on medical care ( this holds true for people from the ages of 50 to 65). I love socialized medicine!
And another thing, as an example, I work as a gardener in a rural community were the available work is limited. There is a Mexican guy up here that is cutting my throat. He charges so little that he can't possibly be working legally. This is also happening to people I know in the construction trades. So there's another reason to keep these people out. They're double-dippers, stealing the food out of our mouths on the one hand and over-taxing the social services on the other. :evil:

And to add some topping to the above I offer the following:

When we lived in Chicago my wife was the chief in-house bookkeeper for the company she was with. The stories she used to tell about illegal's legal problems were unending. Between all the fake IDs changing (and people changing their names) whenever they thought Welfare or Ice was getting close, to the innumerable vendors trying to collect on bad debts from skipped customers, she says, this took up a large portion of every day. For illegals it's their way of life; they teach it to each other, and to their children, in order to circumvent U.S. laws and steal from the American taxpayer.

Cynicism forces me to believe the hordes of travelers from Syria and areas nearby will soon be doing the same, and no doubt burning cars and such, in the streets, as they have done in France (ever wonder why the French don't want any more "visitors"?). Sorry for you Europe.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

And the Saudis are offering to fund the construction of mosques in Germany. Sounds like an attempt to take over the country.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm

I'm against it personally, but that is just my opinion.

They're going to slip up, let the wrong people and things will start to get bad. Didn't they catch an ISIS member in Germany who posed as an migrant?

Rollo
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2015, 4:17 pm

I imagine The_Walrus will be along soon with some 'statistics' to prove that there is no European immigration crisis and so there is nothing to be concerned about, because the only people who could possibly be concerned are poor, ignorant souls who have never taken a 'critical thinking' course and who probably have bad teeth too.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2015, 4:46 pm

As an American, I can't tell Europeans what to do with the whole refugee situation, though I think that it might be better to let them in at least until they can find another country to move to. There is of course the matter that some of the refugees may form a fifth column for ISIS, but it might be better morally to let them all in and settle problems later when they do arise.

At the same time, a lot of the EU and non-EU countries are hurting financially so they may may be at their limits when it comes to newcomers to a situation where resources are in short supply.

Lanthrino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2015, 1:55 pm

From an ecconomic perspective, these refugees are a godsend to the European economy. These people are younger than the natives, have a great work ethic (think of the effort it took to get to Europe), and are mostly semi-skilled to skilled laborers. I understand the assimilation fears, but these refugees will assimilate in time. Successful assimilation requires strong institutions, and every European country has strong institutions. Perhaps this crisis is a reflection of Europeans' lack of self-confidence in themselves.

As an American, I personally believe it is our duty to take in any Syrian who wants asylum here -- I am not afraid of the very few radicals that may be mixed in. It would be great if they helped us rebuild some of our struggling cities in the Midwest or the South.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm

I am suspicious of the whole thing.
Its not just Syrians, all of a sudden we have thousands of refugees heading our way from multiple countries.
What happened?, did they all get together on Facebook and decide to storm the West on mass?
I think there is a third party behind this. Whats more, when Westerners said they were not happy about it, suddenly the media post a picture of a dead little boy on a tourist beach and everybody changes their minds and wants them to come, yet that little boys dead body was moved from where it was found in order to create a photo op poster boy.
Somebody is behind this.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 4:15 pm

The worst part is that Central European countries like Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia have been in it all screwed by Germany and Chancellor Merkel, when she invited them Let her take them all.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 8:26 pm

Inventor wrote:
While it is true only breeds survive, it is more reason to protect them.

The latest, the Neanderthal genome survives up to 7% in North Europe, and it is not all the same, the whole genome has survived in fragments. Lesser amounts in the Han Chinese, and nothing to the south, Africa, South Asia.

The art, music, and many other things are first found with the Neanderthals. These traits continue in European art and music.

Science, creative work, inventions, Europe lead the world.

Without them, this planet would still be Paleolithic.

The Islamic world was better in 1300, but left to their own devices, they fell backward in time.

Africa was better under colonial rule, but left to their own devices, they produce starvation out of plenty.

China had some good times, but stagnated long before the Europeans came.

Europe rises and falls, and rises again, it is the fountain of mental development for the planet.

Chocolate and Beer!

Neanderthal genetics are our most valuable resource.

For much of recorded history, we European types have been behind the rest of the world in the list of accomplishments you mentioned. It just happened to be our time to make waves.