Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gauldivic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2015, 9:22 pm

I have Aspergers and there is a new fellow intern, who I come to find out also has Aspergers. I like her, but with both of us having Aspergers, it feels like a blind person trying to run into another blind person. In regards to did I say the right thing, did I upset her, how will she react if I tell her that I like her, and such

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 9:43 am

Are you having conversations already?

If so, continue those conversations. If there's a movie you like, maybe you could ask her out to that movie.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 1:11 pm

Perhaps you should consider a new style of communication like side to side dating and not feeling or making her feel that she has to make eye contact like allistic and other neurotypicals do because you both have Asperger syndrome and there is a reason for the avoidance of eye contact and there for some Asperger syndrome people is other forms of non verbal communication especially for visual thinkers. This is why side to side dating is logical and another activity which can be enjoyed as well such as going to the pictures or having a meal out and sitting next to the date rather than opposite is much better for Asperger syndrome non verbal communication I found that out this year when me and my new girlfriend got together. We both have Asperger syndrome which for us makes it work somehow.

Gauldivic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2015, 8:28 pm

What I meant by the ""two blind people trying to run into each other"" was nothing to actually do with vision. And yes I do talk to her daily. I give her rides to work most days as we both goto college and the place of work is near the school.