Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Autismteen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Oct 2015, 3:14 pm

I am struggling so much with intrusive thoughts. It has take over my life, I can't live like this anymore somthing needs to change. I wake up and somthing decides how I am feeling. I'm not anxious but the thought makes me think I am and I won't go away till I have banged my head on a wall till it bleeds. It's got to the point were no one stops me getting angry because they know if they stop me doing my ritual it will go on all day. It's like I get a thought and I just can't ignore it. I'm stuck. I do feel like I am walking through treacle. The thought have already started for tomorrow. I hate OCD

Ukguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2015, 12:09 pm

have you spoken to anyone about the intrusive OCD ?

Autismteen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

Yeah I have spoken to my psychiatrist and she just said it was intrusive OCD and then upped my meds a few weeks ago and I feel better but I still get these our if control thoughts that I just can't ignore :(

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 6:24 am

Have you requested any other treatment besides medication?

CBT is the best way of treating OCD. Any psychotherapy would probably help in the short-term but CBT teaches you to manage your thoughts in a constructive way. It is difficult and time-consuming but it works for many.

BobbyKr
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2015, 11:48 am

Oh yeah, I know what that means... I have rather extreme OCD and every single thought and every single step I take has some sick meaning for me. And the intrusive thoughts are either about my single action causing irreversible damage on a grand scale (logicaly, I am perfectly aware it will not be so) either some constant delusion about the fact that something I think is wrong in itself (I study Philosophy, so I have plenty of material to inform me). Unlike many others, I have never taken any medication at all even though I have recently been offered and (i believe, wrongly) diagnosed with Schizotypical personality disorder... It is hardly bearable at times, but otherwise I manage to cope by playing with those thoughts so that they are turned harmless is some dialectical way. Or I simply try to tell myself that it's all biology and no methaphysics.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 12:15 am

Try Acceptance therapy on yourself. Basically, it involves understanding and reminding yourself that the thoughts are just thoughts and are not very important. Don't worry about them so much. When you have them, gently re-direct your attention to something else. This may not get rid of the thoughts completely, but they may become more manageable, and you will be better able to try something else when you are relaxed and not worried about your thinking.