Myths and Legends Two Thousand Years from Now

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:12 pm

(Malls aren't that bad! Most of the clothes are really cute! At least I care what I look like~)

Mentions of something called "Yoo-Tube" have been discovered. It is unknown exactly what this is. People who were good at this (cult? Game? ???) include the god Leafy, the god of the reptiles, and many others.

Research continues.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:18 pm

[I can't stand malls, but that's mainly a sensory thing. I could walk around wearing nothing but a cloak and be perfectly happy. :lol: ]

Researchers have unearthed new records about mysterious creatures called Pokey-man. :P

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:22 pm

(Who cares about mentions of them? Maybe scientists could have made real pokemon by then! :lol:)

We have found these mysterious devices, it seems to have two screens and several buttons. They are mostly found in households that seemed to have had children.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 2:23 pm

Research conducted into 21st century schools has concluded that ancient youth may have worshipped minor gods called "smartphones."

Adults seemed to have feared these cults, being afraid that they would take over society. :lol:

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 2:40 pm

In the early years of the 21st century, the religion of Pokemon started attracting a significantly larger following. Disciples would search for little gods that were believed to inhabit a parallell dimension, yet be bound to specific locations in the real world.

I love this thread!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 10:12 pm

Once there was a young man born in Russia. He moved across the Urals to Tashkent, Uzbekistan with his parents at three months of age, starting a life of travel. He began playing tennis at four, coached by his mom. At 14, he was in a bad car accident and doctors thought he wouldn't play tennis again. Yet, he and his mom worked hard and at age 22, he made the ATP tennis tour. His name would become famous in Uzbekistan, Russia and the world.

In 2017, he would beat Serbia's Novak Djokovic in the second round of the Australian Open and would make it to the fourth round.

This young man, Denis Istomin, became the inspiration for a fan to take up tennis for the first time at 50 years of age. You could say, he is an "Istomin-spiration!"

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 10:18 pm

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats haven't let us forget it since. The names of just a few who have had me wrapped around their little paws were named Samantha, Peter, Paul and Prince.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

Researchers are developing progress on the connections of the Ancient Egyptian cat goddess Bastet, the Egyptian word for cat, Mau, and the meowing sound that cats make. They insist that there is a connection, somehow.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 11:40 am

Linguists who are also cat lovers have noted that the word for cat in multiple languages sounds like cat or the sound a cat makes. Linguistically, man's best friend might just be the cat.

Once, in a country formerly known as Siam (now Thailand), a cat known as the Siamese came to be. On the other side of the world, the American Shorthair (tabby) arrived. As world travel became more feasible, people naturally brought their cats along. Eventually, East met West and a new cat, the Lynx point, came to be. Two of these made their way to the house of a woman who just loved cats. One of these was named Samantha; the other Prince. For nearly four decades, these cats and others have wrapped that woman around their paws-and she was all the better for it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

Once upon a time yesterday, as the legend goes, there was a mysterious author who went by an obscure, pun-based pen name and always included cats in their books.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:36 pm

There was an author who wrote a great book of poems about cats, which later became the longest-running Broadway musical of all time.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 10:22 am

A famous science fiction writer became known for a quote: "Women and cats do as they please, and men and dogs should simply relax and get used to the idea."

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 2:32 pm

In ancient 'Europe', on the planet Earth, lived a famous and beautiful Birman cat named 'Choupette'.

Her pet human was named Carlagerfeld, who feared the wrath of a revered she-demon named Merrilstreip.

Choupette became recognized as a goddess for her glamour and obvious superiority.

In the far distant past year, Choupette took two modeling jobs.....

She was paid three million 'Yuros', thought to be a monetary term.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:24 pm

In ancient Kanada, tribal leaders collected vast quantities of food in preparation for a festival called 'Hooky', which included bacon made from backgammon, syrup strained from tree bark, and beaver tails.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

Inhabiting a habitable planet (1000 light years from Earth), we notice a hologram in our town-square art-exhibit that is a model of planet Earth (as seen from space). A message flashes around our hologram (every five-minutes) that says, and asks, "what were they thinking??"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm

Mysterious legends speak of a rare sport in which Earthling athletes took spaceships to Mars and had many festivities and competitions on the top of Olympus Mons.