pof is another pathetic site.

Page 1 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 7:12 pm

I tried out pof. But no result besides meeting up with one girl that said she liked being with me. But she lied and disappear. She was a liar. I don't friend women. They either like me or they can kiss my butt. This friend zone game is bull. Anyone else had problems with pof? By the way its called plenty of fish. I am welcomed to feedback and seeing if you guys had problems with it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 8:53 pm

I tried that site once, couldn't even figure out how it really worked just was confusing....never talked to anyone on there. I had some better luck with Okcupid.com, as in initially meeting people and then meeting in person though a lot of that just ended up being guys looking for a hook up not really anything serious. But I did end up meeting my current boyfriend on there, just happened we were looking for the same thing and when we met in person we liked each other. I was pretty certain I wanted to be in a relationship with him before we decided to make it official but met up a few more times without committing to anything first just to make sure it was for real.

But yeah dating sites are rather hit and miss, but obviously there are some people on them that really do want a genuine relationship otherwise I wouldn't have met my current boyfriend there....and he's not like some conventionally attractive well to do type so its a myth only those types can find girls on those sites.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 11:47 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I tried that site once, couldn't even figure out how it really worked just was confusing....never talked to anyone on there. I had some better luck with Okcupid.com, as in initially meeting people and then meeting in person though a lot of that just ended up being guys looking for a hook up not really anything serious. But I did end up meeting my current boyfriend on there, just happened we were looking for the same thing and when we met in person we liked each other. I was pretty certain I wanted to be in a relationship with him before we decided to make it official but met up a few more times without committing to anything first just to make sure it was for real.

But yeah dating sites are rather hit and miss, but obviously there are some people on them that really do want a genuine relationship otherwise I wouldn't have met my current boyfriend there....and he's not like some conventionally attractive well to do type so its a myth only those types can find girls on those sites.

It's very rare , women like you are rare as I'm sure you know.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 12:00 am

I can't remember any dates I've been on from OkCupid where the other person was interested but only wanted a hook-up...must either be a location thing, or different filtering methods. I've found OkC to be the best free site for the more serious people. POF I tried out for an hour or so and realised it was not for me (and yeah it was very confusing). Seemed to be geared toward the less serious seekers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2015, 1:55 am

I tired POF(even used the forum alot) as well as alot of other dating sites & I didn't get a single date on any one of them but I have physical disabilties in addition to my Aspergers so that limits me alot more.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 4:47 am

What ls it always okcupid that seems to get dates? This is really bummed for me. I tried okcupid and I couldn't find any match. Although my account was kinda locked out due to them saying I was using inappropriate language. But thanks for your feedback. I guess dating sites are not for me. How come you women have easier with dates. What is really the secret behind it?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 5:38 am

I met a few decent people from POF, but I find that it caters more to a different class of people than OkCupid. You see a lot more single moms on POF (I'd say they account for 75-90% of the user base). Not to be offensive, but a lot of the people on POF seem to be less intelligent as well...you see a lot more profiles written in all caps, or silly phrases/quotes like "I DON'T NEED A MAN, I'MA DO ME!" (Yes, I've seen that exact quote on not one, but several profiles)

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 5:42 am

I sometimes think I am not meant for a date. But for some reason I came on this planet and one girl used to like me. But then I turned her down. I wasn't ready for a relationship. But I was able to at least get some things into perspective. Okcupid used to be way better years ago.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 6:12 am

people tell me all free dating sites are BS... but I haven't had the desire to waste to money on a real dating site and might also be equally BS. It would be nice to just MEET the damn person and talk face to face rather than crafting replies about nothing becasue you can't get into depth if you are bouncing small talk back and forth.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 6:56 am

Like it or not, the free sites are cesspools of damaged people with bitter attitudes who will ruin your self-confidence and your perception of (wo)men. Every single date I got from a free site ended up with the other person disappearing after the first date no matter how well it went. The only exception was one (my ex) I should have disappeared from as her bitter attitude was very obvious. Ditto to the person who said POF is full of 'less intelligent' people. It's shocking how so many women there hate men and USE ALL CAPS WITH NO PUNCTUATION. Many are on there for years and there is a very good reason for it too.

The paid sites aren't much better: usually a higher class of people and a higher ratio of women but my God they were frustrating to deal with. Almost all of them were clones too: almost all 15-20 I dated worked as either Nurses or Teachers. I compared it to writing a test where the pass mark was 98%.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:17 am

Ugh dating sites are trashed and messed up. Women on those sites have issues to much.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Oct 2015, 7:20 am

Dating websites don't make much sense to me, seems more like a meat market more than anything and its pointless being a guy on them really considering the ratio of messages guys and girls get. I wouldn't even trust the other person was real, I just seems a like a competition I would lose. Only positive is that I guess it is a way of putting yourself "out there" which has more chance of success than not at all, over time maybe something comes of it but most likely not.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:25 am

There should be more legit dating sites where the clients are for real and not fake make the world go round. But there is not. Oh well.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 7:27 am

autismthinker21 wrote:
Ugh dating sites are trashed and messed up. Women on those sites have issues to much.

and for whatever reason they all love "Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind" it was eerily consistent.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2015, 7:28 am

autismthinker21 wrote:
There should be more legit dating sites where the clients are for real and not fake make the world go round. But there is not. Oh well.

wasn't there a hacked site recently that basically led about its male to female ratio straight up?

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 7:48 am

SwissPagan wrote:
autismthinker21 wrote:

wasn't there a hacked site recently that basically led about its male to female ratio straight up?

Maybe there was a hacked site. one things for sure, stay away from kittyoncatnip. She is a lunatic and a loser.