Page 117 of 128 [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 128  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 5:59 pm

^ exquisite. I saw that it was your birthday, recently. I wish I'd known, as you are a special friend to me.

:flower: HaPpY (belated) bIrThDaY, Kura~san :flower:

~Lots of Love + Happiness to you~

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 6:02 pm

^Aww, thank you kindly! :D :heart:

Boo picture compilation:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 6:12 pm

You're welcome, kura. He/she is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your photos. I am so happy to see Boo. : ))

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 6:15 pm

She's a she. :)
She's a well-behaved cat. [Although the last picture is of her making a nest in the bedding.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:35 am

hey, did you finally get your own cat?! That is great! :cheers: You must be over the moon! Would have loved to see her...Anyway, congrats, I'm glad your dream finally has come true :D

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 1:55 pm

^Can't you see the pictures I posted of her on this page?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm

no, I can't seem them, I just see that it's likely been a pic there. All I see are 5 boxes with a round forbidden sign. (I tried to take a screen shot to show you, but tinypic wouldn't let me upload it and photobucket won't let me sign again without an email confirmation and I no longer have access to that email).

edit: am I the only one who can't see the pics?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:24 pm

Darn it.

I used Google pictures to upload them from my 3DS.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm

This looks so tasty:
It's the Memory Lane Pastry from Final Fantasy XV. I'm going to make it.

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested [I'm going to use wildberry jam instead of actual berries, and gluten free flour, and no sugar.]

Introduction
Active cooking time: 2 hours
Total cooking time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Yields 12 pastries

Ingredients
To make stewed berries:
⅓ cup + 4 tsp sugar (80g)
8-9 strawberries (100g)
⅔ cup blueberries (100g)
⅔ cup blackberries (100g)
¾ cup raspberries (100g)
1. In a saucepan, cook sugar until it becomes a caramel. Add strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Stew lightly.
2. Add raspberries and continue to cook to desired consistency. Take care to keep most berries whole as to keep the pie crust flaky later on.
3. Add a splash of water as needed. Let cool on a strainer for a few hours.

To make pâte brisée (i.e. crust):
1.85 cups bread flour (250g)
1 cup butter (205g)
½ tsp salt (3g)
¼ cup ice water (55mL)
4. Cube the butter. Place the flour, salt, and cubed butter in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until everything is cool.
5. Cut the butter into flour with a paddle attachment (or by hand) until it resembles wet sand. Add water and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and let wrest for a minimum of 1 hour.

To make banana custard:
6.3oz bananas (180g)
1 tbsp milk (15g)
2 tbsp cream (30g)
3 egg yolks (60g)
2.5 tbsp sugar (30g)
6. Mash the bananas until completely smooth. Combine with milk, cream, sugar, and egg yolks. Set aside.

Assembly:
12 cupcake molds
powdered sugar, as needed
7. Roll out dough to desired thickness, then line cupcake molds. Crimp the edges. Dock the dough with a fork or a toothpick. (Optional: chill before baking to prevent shrinkage)

8. Blind bake the crusts at 350°F (180°C) until very light brown (about 10 minutes). Lower oven to 320°F (160°C).

9. Fill the tarts halfway with stewed berries. Top with banana custard, being careful not to mix it with the berries.

10.Return to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and custard is set (about 15-20 minutes). Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.

11. You can also add whipped cream or chocolate sauce.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:15 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
This looks so tasty:
It's the Memory Lane Pastry from Final Fantasy XV. I'm going to make it.

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested [I'm going to use wildberry jam instead of actual berries, and gluten free flour, and no sugar.]

Introduction
Active cooking time: 2 hours
Total cooking time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Yields 12 pastries

Ingredients
To make stewed berries:
⅓ cup + 4 tsp sugar (80g)
8-9 strawberries (100g)
⅔ cup blueberries (100g)
⅔ cup blackberries (100g)
¾ cup raspberries (100g)
1. In a saucepan, cook sugar until it becomes a caramel. Add strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Stew lightly.
2. Add raspberries and continue to cook to desired consistency. Take care to keep most berries whole as to keep the pie crust flaky later on.
3. Add a splash of water as needed. Let cool on a strainer for a few hours.

To make pâte brisée (i.e. crust):
1.85 cups bread flour (250g)
1 cup butter (205g)
½ tsp salt (3g)
¼ cup ice water (55mL)
4. Cube the butter. Place the flour, salt, and cubed butter in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until everything is cool.
5. Cut the butter into flour with a paddle attachment (or by hand) until it resembles wet sand. Add water and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and let wrest for a minimum of 1 hour.

To make banana custard:
6.3oz bananas (180g)
1 tbsp milk (15g)
2 tbsp cream (30g)
3 egg yolks (60g)
2.5 tbsp sugar (30g)
6. Mash the bananas until completely smooth. Combine with milk, cream, sugar, and egg yolks. Set aside.

Assembly:
12 cupcake molds
powdered sugar, as needed
7. Roll out dough to desired thickness, then line cupcake molds. Crimp the edges. Dock the dough with a fork or a toothpick. (Optional: chill before baking to prevent shrinkage)

8. Blind bake the crusts at 350°F (180°C) until very light brown (about 10 minutes). Lower oven to 320°F (160°C).

9. Fill the tarts halfway with stewed berries. Top with banana custard, being careful not to mix it with the berries.

10.Return to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and custard is set (about 15-20 minutes). Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.

11. You can also add whipped cream or chocolate sauce.

That looks good :D . We made danishes at school last year, and they were kind of like that. Too bad our batch turned out raw!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm

I've never baked anything quite that complex, but I'll give it a go eventually.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:24 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I've never baked anything quite that complex, but I'll give it a go eventually.

I suck at cooking, but hopefully I'll learn more this year :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:26 pm

I'm fairly good at it. I can make a lot.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
It's about this angelic being [called Ii] with one wing born into a world where all children are born as twins, with one wing each. She has neither twin nor matching wing, and so sends out a song into the cosmos, hoping that if she does have a twin somewhere out there, they will answer. She then cocoons herself, to purify, and when she wakes up she finds seven beings--six of them are in sets of twins, but the seventh, Gen, is alone. They all end up living together, and Ii and Gen slowly grow in love.

I enjoyed reading this story very much. I've never read anything like it in fact. As you read, you experience characters' past lives and how they connect and reconnect. The language is beautiful and emotional but not in a sappy way. It's very authentic.

So if you're on the fence about reading Kuraudo's book, definitely try it! :D

Kura, I'd also be interested in reading your funny story, if you'd send me a link.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:02 pm

^I've got two funny stories. One is at the end of Hollowed [though I'm going to revise the ending slightly], and the new one is...well, new! It's about Shin'ya, N'chen, Onei, and Anei's descendant, Aleta, who is a werewolf dragon knight sorcerer, and also happens to be dead. Remember at the end of Hollowed when Ii/Kurashi gives them the little cat statue 'for their descendants?' Well, Aleta still has it. 8)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
a werewolf dragon knight sorcerer, who also happens to be dead

There you go again, trying to use me as one of your characters.

There Are Four Lights!