Page 98 of 128 [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 128  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm

^No, actually, it was a star maiden crash-landing on the planet, and since stars are so extremely hot, anything in the vicinity would have died/been incinerated instantly, or be burned horrendously. Only the Corcha [her name is Acantha] and her granddaughter [Kiru] survived.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 2:31 am

is is absolutely imperative...that the corcha evolve mechanisms that allow them to cope with these extreme temperature fluctuations, lest they go extinct. :(

i hope the star maiden did not have bad intentions.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Dec 2016, 3:02 am

Not having physical bodies would be the best way to overcome that...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:25 am

pshh. been there. done that. worn the t shirt. it's not much to get exited over. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 11:16 am

^The star maiden crashed-landed only because the star nearest to her went supernova and the explosion knocked her completely out of her usual trajectory.
Many beings from the Alpha-Omega Dimension don't have physical bodies.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm

Happy New Year, Kura!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:50 pm

^Thank you! :D
I haven't been sleeping well, so I'm definitely going to bed relatively early tonight.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

Happy new year, Skitty! :D

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

^Thank you kindly, Squirtle-girl!

I'm nearing the end of Phantom Life. I might need to add a bit more later to smooth the last part out a bit, but the two characters left are about to discover some shocking plot twists, find the Tree of Life, and discover one last mega twist [there's always a mega twist at the end of my books].

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

^
What is Phantom Life about, if you don't mind me asking?

Is that the story you mentioned recently in which the one character started to turn into crystal? :o

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 2:02 am

it's a book she was writing that she had trouble finishing because it took a dark turn. i think.

yay for getting around to finishing it!

what's the difference between a mega twist and a normal twist?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

Lillikoi: Yes, and the character in question [Kanna] has completely turned to crystal, and Kanna's [beloved? soulmate?] partner Satori is now about to find the Tree of Life in the hopes of reviving Kanna somehow.
Kip: The 'dark turn' involves a character [Tenya] who survived the legendarily horrific 'starfall', in which a star maiden crash-landed on the planet and incinerated anyone both nearby and in the vicinity.
I'm not quite done, but Satori and Tenya are close to the crash-site of the star maiden, and below that is the Tree of Life [which is actually the star-maiden herself].
A mega twist involves seeing the entire book from a whole new understanding, and a normal twist concerns character identity.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:40 am

so the tree of life is also incredibly hot and incinerates everything in its vicinity?

that does not sound very compatible with organic bodies. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

^No, the star maiden sort of fused herself to the Tree of Life because she was so hot, but over the years gradually cooled off and turned into a 'white dwarf' star, so to speak, and slowly started dying.

Tenya and Satori have finally reached the Starfall Crater, and are about to fall into it while trying to climb down because of the simple fact that they have no climbing equipment. They fall for quite awhile, and end up in the planet's core. [They survive.]

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 2:51 am

ah okie then. that ties in with the star maiden landing on the planet some long time ago, and the corcha reacting to it.

my thumb smells like beer.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

Well, I'm at the end of the story now. I just have to finish the last few pages and then type it out. So far, the ending is taking me completely by surprise. I did not expect That to happen. [But, naturally, falling into an enormous pool of spirit water from a ridiculously long fall would kill anyone, non-human or not.]