Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2015, 4:19 pm

Hope no one minds me putting this here but it really bothers me. I can't for the life of me understand why any woman would want to have their breasts enlarged. I can understand reduction surgery if the weight of the beasts are causing back problems or whatever and reconstructive surgery after mastectomies etc but why do some women put themselves through unnecessary surgical procedures for such reasons as "to feel more confident" or "so I can keep a boyfriend". Does the size of breasts really make that much difference? Why can't they just wear a padded bra? I can't believe some women are so lacking in confidence that they choose to mutilate their bodies and potentially put their lives in danger to gain a few cup sizes. What the hell?
And any guy who tells his gf to have a breast enlargement should be made to have a penis reduction.
:evil: Grrrr.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

I'm a guy and this scares me too...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 4:58 pm

I find it kind of horrifying. Not just boob jobs but unnecessary cosmetic surgery in general. It just seems too risky to me and too many people who go for it end up having problems.

I am very squeamish about doing things that cut or pierce the body. Probably sounds silly but I will never forget how I felt when I got my ears pierced, or when I got vaccinated as a child. I feel kind of faint when I see people with a lot of piercings, or tattoos, or stretched out earlobes and things like that. I feel the same way when I see people who've obviously had some sort of plastic surgery. I don't understand why people want to do those things to their bodies.

Personally I would be really hesitant to have ANY kind of surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. I mean if I have a horrible car accident, or a heart attack, okay, then I guess do what has to be done. But I don't like how doctors will suggest just totally removing a body part, without trying to heal the body first as a whole.

What really freaks me out is when women go get all their breast tissue removed, not because they have cancer, because they are afraid they might get cancer.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 7:45 pm

1) Self-esteem. Some women feel that they are unattractive if their breasts are so small that there is essentially no visible difference between wearing a bra and going braless.

2) Shrinkage and droopage. After loss of weight, and after weaning a child, most women's breasts will lose their firmness and just hang there. Augmentation restores a more youthful profile, and improves a woman's self-confidence.

3) Lop-sidedness. Sometimes, the cup sizes do not match. Having a more balanced appearance means less concern for having to cover up, or deal with overly-inquisitive people.

4) Mastectomy. Again, it's both a self-image and a self-esteem issue. Some women who have undergone a double-radical mastectomy will feel that they are "less of a woman" until they at least regain the shape they once had.

5) Competition. "My milkshake is better to than yours" because "it bring the boys to the yard". Face it, most men have some kind of breast fixation and will pay the most attention to larger-breasted women. Women know this, and they also know that the more men there are, the more men they have to choose from.

Personally, augmented breasts are just as attractive as natural breasts, but only as long as the clothes stay on. Being detail-minded, I notice right away when there are augmentation scars (i.e., in the crease under the breasts, around the lower and outer arcs of the areolas, and along the rib cage under the arms).

Of course, a gentleman would never make mention of augmentation scars, or of any difference in the way augmented breasts look from natural breasts, because it's the woman who is important, not her breasts.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 8:19 pm

My sister probably should have had augmentation. She is just as flat as a board, and seems to have internalized this as just not being a very attractive person and also not a very lovable one. (Both of these ending up being self-fulfilling prophecies.)

Face it, some people deviate so much from the norm in their appearance, that cosmetic surgery is more than cosmetic, it's actually allowing them to live a normal life. People with a cleft lip, for instance. Or I know a little girl born with no chin.

Now, where I think it is silly is when one is within norms, but wants to accept the risks and side-effects of surgery to be better than normal.

smellygrl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2015, 9:23 am

I think the only way to find an answer to this question is to ask every person who has had their breast(s) enlarged. There is no 'one reason', a lot of people have it done for different reasons. For the rest, I don't really see the point of knowing why. Some people do it, it's not really your problem, is it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 6:47 pm

smellygrl wrote:
I think the only way to find an answer to this question is to ask every person who has had their breast(s) enlarged. There is no 'one reason', a lot of people have it done for different reasons. For the rest, I don't really see the point of knowing why. Some people do it, it's not really your problem, is it?

Not mine!

Although I have had conversations with few nurses, who started those conversations by asking me if I thought they should have breast augmentation. Of course, my answer was always "No ... they look perfect just as they are".

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 7:21 am

If they want to attract a high-quality man among a lot of competition, he can afford to treat them like crap, and this includes telling them he doesn't want anything to do with them unless they pump up their breasts. He doesn't even need to find them more attractive this way; he can simply have some fun messing with them making them believe it'll improve their chances.

I for one hate the idea that a woman's boobs aren't natural and she probably can't enjoy having them caressed, but, since they clearly aren't trying to attract someone like me, it doesn't matter.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 8:11 am

What women do with their bodies is no man's concern.

If a man does not like what one woman has done to her body, then he can either deal with it like a man, or admit his pubescent sexist attitude and try to find a woman who will put up with his crap.

Yes, it really is just that simple.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

I suppose you're right. It's none of my business what women do. I just like women the way they are. It irks me how society is always telling people they're not good enough and they need to change. I don't see that at all.

smellygrl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2015, 11:28 am

DoNotDisturb wrote:
I suppose you're right. It's none of my business what women do. I just like women the way they are. It irks me how society is always telling people they're not good enough and they need to change. I don't see that at all.

The fun thing is that with a lot of boob jobs it's not even noticeable. People think of extra-large Pamela Anderson-like breasts when they think of boob jobs, but there are plenty of people who simply go one cup, or half a cup, larger. And for the scarring; maybe there are people out there who would really notice that immediately with every person who's had a boob job, but I hardly think that's most people. Lots of such scars fade away until they're barely noticeable.

Also, the idea that people lose feeling in their breasts after a boob job is a prejudice and is not true.

The idea that society is constantly telling people that they should change is true, and I agree that sucks. I also feel bad for those who surgically enhance themselves simply because they feel they are not the epitome of conventional beauty, and not because they actually want to look differently.

Furthermore, this thread is pretty hetero- and cisnormative, and offensive to people who've had their breasts enlarged. Not all boob jobs are done by women for men. It's not just men who like large breasts. It's not just women who get their breasts enlarged. Etc, etc.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

smellygrl wrote:
DoNotDisturb wrote:

Furthermore, this thread is pretty hetero- and cisnormative, and offensive to people who've had their breasts enlarged. Not all boob jobs are done by women for men. It's not just men who like large breasts. It's not just women who get their breasts enlarged. Etc, etc.

QFT. But would you expect any better from a thread started by a dude in the Women's Discussion forum? I didn't.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm

wilburforce wrote:
smellygrl wrote:
DoNotDisturb wrote:
QFT. But would you expect any better from a thread started by a dude in the Women's Discussion forum? I didn't.
Some of us have, at least, tried to present valid reasons why augmentation procedures are done.

But I guess one would have to read all of the posts in this thread to see that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
smellygrl wrote:
DoNotDisturb wrote:
Some of us have, at least, tried to present valid reasons why augmentation procedures are done.

But I guess one would have to read all of the posts in this thread to see that.

I skip your posts when I see them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:57 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Fnord wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
smellygrl wrote:
DoNotDisturb wrote:
Some of us have, at least, tried to present valid reasons why augmentation procedures are done. But I guess one would have to read all of the posts in this thread to see that.
I skip your posts when I see them.
I usually read yours.

Back on topic ...

Does it really matter what men think regarding this topic? Women have freedom to choose what to do with their bodies, and whether or not it is done to impress men is also entirely up to them.

So why should this thread remain open?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:58 pm

smellygrl wrote:
The idea that society is constantly telling people that they should change is true, and I agree that sucks. I also feel bad for those who surgically enhance themselves simply because they feel they are not the epitome of conventional beauty, and not because they actually want to look differently.

How do you tell the difference? That dichotomy can be applied to just about anything. Any time you want something, it can be dismissed as a wish society pressures you into, which leads to the conclusion that you should suppress it, rather than satisfy it. I think it’s an unfalsifiable claim and thus not a sound basis to judge anyone.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.