I now know why I'm uncomfortable with my name

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

boygeniusemil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2015, 3:55 pm

I didn't know there were others that had different names for their alter egos as well. That's a comforting thought... I had been afraid for some time that I had a sort of personality disorder because I sometimes feel like I'm sharing a body with many different people, but I probably feel that way because I give different aspects of myself different names.

I have an alter ego named "Marigold" who is female and likes to get primped and put on brightly colored makeup and clothing and do traditionally feminine things that I (emil) have little to no interest in doing. But she is still me, because I'm completely conscious while I'm being her. It's pretty strange, but I guess I'm not the only one.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 5:09 pm

Edenthiel: yeah, it just depends upon perception.

Boygenius: me too actually and it's useful. Like playing a game, it makes things easier to handle

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 5:14 pm

I wonder if different personas are this young people thing, that I never did, called "finding yourself".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 7:39 pm

Sounds like if you just took meds for depression then you would be "Sage Green".