How many times have you been to the ER?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

21 Aug 2016, 6:06 am

4 times

1st at around 8 - Fell while inlineskating and ripped my hand open between 2 fingers. Only 4 stitches, recovered fine. Was skating the same day again :D

2nd at around 12 - Because my mom suspected salmonella infection after eating raw meat, but she was wrong.

3rd at around 17 when i was at a racing event and my hand swelled enormously and seemingly without reason. Took an ambulance from the event compound because they were leaving anyway so it made sense to go with them instead of having someone to drive me. Doctor said it was some kind of allergic reaction. Idk.

4rd at 20 when i got my hand (The same one as my skate injury) stuck in the radiator fan of a car i was working on. Cut a small part of my thumb away and ripped open my palm. Called an ambulance, got stitched up (Didnt count, over 10). Eventually made a full recevery, hand is still working. Part of my palm is now hard tissue and the skin of my thumb is really thin at the top. But otherwise its fine :)

Peace
TK

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2018, 5:47 pm

Uh...
Once when I was a baby due to my sister breaking my arm, and whenever I was five, I smashed my knee on a CD case and had to get stitches for it. The scar that resulted has been completely visible for a couple years. You can still sort of see it if you look really closely at my right knee, the knee I banged.
I've never had to go to the ER since.
Although, if it counts, I have been sent to a mental hospital due to me threatening to kill my mother after years of pent up rage about the subject came out. Don't ask why I'm so angry toward her.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2018, 9:53 pm

Four. The first two times were when I was a teenager and had such bad menstrual cramps that I was about to pass out (I later went on birth control, so that's no longer an issue). The two most recent times was four summers ago when I got unbelievably sick. I couldn't even get out of bed (I tried to get up to take a shower but I literally had to drag myself on the floor to even get to the bathroom because I felt so weak) and I had an almost constant high fever. When it got to 104 despite me taking all of the Tylenol that I could, I went to the ER because that's when a fever is considered pretty serious and nearing the point where it could cause brain damage. Then I ended up back at the ER just two days later, after I had started to think that I was getting better. Up until that point, I had only been having the high fever, extreme fatigue/weakness and a severe headache, and that stuff was starting to go away, but then suddenly, I woke up that day throwing up and I couldn't keep anything down (not even water... I'd take one sip and start dry heaving). Even though it seemed like the actual infection I had was starting to go away, it's like it just attacked my liver, because upon going back to the ER, they found that my liver enzymes were extremely elevated, and that seemed to be what was making me throw up. It was insane...they never did even figure out what exactly it was. I finally did recover fully after about a week. I don't know if it was just an especially awful strain of the flu (even though it was summertime so that would be pretty unusual) or if it could have been something from a mosquito...they tested me for West Nile Virus but it came back negative. Someone told me that my symptoms sounded a lot like Dengue Fever when I described them later. But then again, I hadn't traveled anywhere foreign, and it's really rare to get one of those mosquito-borne diseases within the US or any other developed country, so I don't know. Whatever it was, I hope I'm immune to it after having it once, because I seriously had ever felt so miserable in my life and I hope to never experience it again! And yeah, I was an overly cautious and not very adventurous kid, so I definitely never did anything crazy to land myself in the ER when I was a child. :lol:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 10:33 am

I have never been to the ER. But sometime between the age of 2-5 I was kicked in the head by a large bull. It knocked me unconscious. Back in those days there were no 911 to call and it might have even been before ERs were invented. Anyways my parents took my limp body and laid me on my bed and waited to see if I would live or die.

Red89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2018, 3:26 pm

I was extremely clumsy growing up, I've broken my left arm once, my right arm twice, dislocated my right thumb, impaled my right arm which I'm vey lucky to have today (don't ask). Multiple tissue damage from falls, a few sprained ankles (I'm currently recovering from one now, I fell in a boat :? ). I'm such a cautious person now, not very confident going out of my comfort zone, my 2 feet can stay firmly on the ground where they belong thank you :lol:

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2018, 5:52 pm

An underwhelming total of zero.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

purpleclad
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2018, 2:34 pm

I was taken to the ER on numerous occasions for sicknesses. My most recent time was March of this year when I contracted the swine flu and passed out in the doctor's office. According to my mom I seized a little bit and I was unresponsive. Had a nice long ride to the ER in an ambulance, and had a nice barely-conscious chat with the EMTs about some of my special interests. Very interesting day. That was also the day I became forever scared of needles.