Page 4 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 12:49 pm

German "scheissedreck" (poop dirt)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 3:42 am

todo jodido :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:49 am

Wat zeggen de Grieken tegen de Akropolis?

Niets, want de Akropolis zegt toch niets terug. :wink: En hij hoort het ook niet, althans, bij mijn weten heeft die ruïne geen oortjes.

Hij is flauw, ik weet het :mrgreen:

A_noobish_noob
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2017, 6:08 am

كس امك (pronounced kous oumak) which literally means your mothers vagina, but if someone said this to you it would mean something like go f**k your mothers vagina.
I know this forum doesn't like profanity, but I feel it is fine in this one specific forum since I am just translating a phrase.
P.S. I am half Arab.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm

Dont know how to say this in Chinese, but one of the worst things you can say to a Chinese person is "you turtle egg!".

In China turtles are thought of as being promiscuous so being called a "turtle egg" is equivalent to "bastard".

To insult a German man you say "he sits down to urinate" (dont know how to say it in German).

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 12:17 pm

Slim

In het Nederlands is het doorgaans slim om slim te zijn.
In het Duits is slim helemaal niet zo slim.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 1:12 pm

Aside from the swear words referring to sex organs or excrements, the Dutch language features a lot of profanities referring to diseases.

For example, we can exclaim 'Tering!' (the old common Dutch term for tuberculosis), or 'Kolere!' (a bastardization of cholera). If we combine these words with 'zooi' ('mess'), we get terms like 'teringzooi', 'klerezooi', or 'tyfuszooi', to use when we find ourselves in a situation that's decidedly effed up.

If we are particularly annoyed with a person, we can tell him/her 'Krijg de pokken!' ('A pox upon you!') or 'Krijg de pest!' (May you get the plague!). Especially in the Hague, rather controversially, it is highly common to hear people use the word 'kanker' ('cancer') as a profanity. Understandably, quite a lot of people actually take offence at this one, as it's the only disease among the ones listed above that still claims many victims in the Netherlands every year.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 2:26 am

mie craolhe...mie sefrenoorie, reh shevyn zoon!! !

naturalplastic wrote:
In China turtles are thought of as being promiscuous so being called a "turtle egg" is equivalent to "bastard".

well, they kinda have to be. baby turtles are born, and they are immediately facing threats by hungry birds, crabs, other animals and careless beachcombers. lots of them don't make it. such is the need to lay many, many eggs.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

クソ野郎死ねアホチンカス包茎クズ童貞ボケウンコバカアバズレビッチ喪女ヤリチンヤリマン

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:19 am

bollocks

-British English

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 4:11 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
mie craolhe...mie sefrenoorie, reh shevyn zoon!! !

naturalplastic wrote:

well, they kinda have to be. baby turtles are born, and they are immediately facing threats by hungry birds, crabs, other animals and careless beachcombers. lots of them don't make it. such is the need to lay many, many eggs.

Sounds like you're talking about sea turtles. I am sure that the ancient Chinese were thinking about the small fresh water turtles that land lubber humans more commonly see in lakes and streams while the human observers are on land.

When hiking in the woods along an abandoned canal I often observe turtles in groups stacked up on top of each other to sun themselves. A person might think that they were all doing the nasty. So thats my theory as to why the Chinese got that notion about turtles.

Promiscuous means "having lotsa sex partners". Its not necessarily the same thing as "having lots of offspring".

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm

krijg de kolere - an ancient Chinese saying, meaning something like "you look like an egg"

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Dont know how to say this in Chinese, but one of the worst things you can say to a Chinese person is "you turtle egg!".

That is 王八蛋(wáng bā dàn). Although I think it is more like "son of a b***h", but means a lot worse. 王八 is an old-fashioned word that can mean an unvirtuous woman or slang for turtle. 蛋 means egg, and therefore refers to offspring.

As a Mandarin speaker, I have to say that the Chinese love to use eggs to insult people.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm

I just discovered my favorite insult.

Just saw a U Tube video about comparing dialects of Spanish. Apparently in the Spanish of Spain itself they have colorful phrases that they dont have even other Spanish speaking countries.

One of them is the epithet "I hope you get f****d by a fish!".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its great because it's too stupid to be offensive.
For starters fish use external fertilization. Fish can't even "f**k" each other the way that members of the same mammal species do. They dont have penises, or vaginas.

Second its a strange visual. A human being being sexually assaulted by a tuna.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 1:52 am

qu'est-ce que c'est cette saloperie de connasse?

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 12:50 pm

Trasna ort fheín