Page 5 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
For starters fish use external fertilization. Fish can't even "f**k" each other the way that members of the same mammal species do. They dont have penises, or vaginas.

Second its a strange visual. A human being being sexually assaulted by a tuna.

is that really true, though? i'm not doubting it, but if it is...then i'd find it rather strange, if other members of chordata (gnathostomata, vertebrata, even) lacked those anatomical features entirely while even insects and other arachnids have them. even animals as simple as female nematodes have "vulvas" , while the males have copulatory spicules to open them.

well...tuna are large and powerful fish. while not sexually, i think an irate yellowfin could still be capable of assaulting someone....

Ren pen shelles haphive. Yofie lat haínnetâvit, shwsara á wainoorie afie annadel.

(you have no reason to live. go away and leave me alone, nobody wants to see your ugly face)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:26 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
For starters fish use external fertilization. Fish can't even "f**k" each other the way that members of the same mammal species do. They dont have penises, or vaginas.

Second its a strange visual. A human being being sexually assaulted by a tuna.

is that really true, though? i'm not doubting it, but if it is...then i'd find it rather strange, if other members of chordata (gnathostomata, vertebrata, even) lacked those anatomical features entirely while even insects and other arachnids have them. even animals as simple as female nematodes have "vulvas" , while the males have copulatory spicules to open them.

well...tuna are large and powerful fish. while not sexually, i think an irate yellowfin could still be capable of assaulting someone....

Ren pen shelles haphive. Yofie lat haínnetâvit, shwsara á wainoorie afie annadel.

(you have no reason to live. go away and leave me alone, nobody wants to see your ugly face)

What language it that insult in?

Not really an expert on fish fornication. I guess it varies by fish.

I am pretty sure that when salmon do it the females lay the eggs on the stream pebbles and the males just lay down the sperm on the eggs. Right out there in the wild water. No actual hanky panky between the adult fish.
And salmon go to all of that trouble: swimming up the Columbia River from the ocean, going up rapids, over dams, and dodging grizzly bears just to do that.

On the other hand though sharks are more primitive in some ways than bony fish- they are sophisticated in other ways: and actually clasp each other in a long embrace while the male somehow internally fertizes her.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

Straf

In het Vlaams heeft het woord 'straf' 2 betekenissen.
Het is voor mij een 'straf' als ik smorgens geen koffie kan drinken.
Ik drink smorgens graag een 'straffe' bak koffie.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
What language it that insult in?

Not really an expert on fish fornication. I guess it varies by fish.

I am pretty sure that when salmon do it the females lay the eggs on the stream pebbles and the males just lay down the sperm on the eggs. Right out there in the wild water. No actual hanky panky between the adult fish.
And salmon go to all of that trouble: swimming up the Columbia River from the ocean, going up rapids, over dams, and dodging grizzly bears just to do that.

On the other hand though sharks are more primitive in some ways than bony fish- they are sophisticated in other ways: and actually clasp each other in a long embrace while the male somehow internally fertizes her.

yep...r/k selection, they call it. their method of reproduction, while not quite "broadcast", seems to predominate in unstable ecological niches, the ability to quickly produce many offspring "cheap" in metabolic cost seems to work in their favor. though this is nothing compared to the fecundity of giant clams.

they're semelparous, too...or at least pacific salmon are.they beget once and then they die, what fun. :| but yes, one way to sex a dogfish is by finding the "claspers" the guys use to hold onto the female while hanky pankying. learned that last year.

anyway, that passage there is in "etronan", my conlang. borrows more from hebrew than i'd sometimes like to admit. :oops:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 11:43 am

Respecting conlangs, I have also created one. It is called Axorit (pronounced 'Arshowreet') and I have even created a profanity. That word is 'drudspraaker' (pronounced 'droodsprarker') and meaning the profanity which rhymes with 'banker'. I modelled it on the Afrikaans word for same.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

amcık

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 3:58 pm

God dammit! f**k this s**t!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:33 am

its easier in learned languages
german from the tv- westerns, you don't want to know
and f & e

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

hleba

I'm making up a language. I haven't assigned a meaning to this word yet, but I know I want it to mean something very bad.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm

248RPA wrote:
hleba

I'm making up a language. I haven't assigned a meaning to this word yet, but I know I want it to mean something very bad.

chleba (which sounds nearly the same as hleba) means bread in czech :D

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2017, 2:59 pm

what is food in one country is a phobia in another
co je potravina v jedné zemi, je fobie v jiné

sakra

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

In het Nederlands is een meer een meer, in het Duits is een meer een zee.
In het Nederlands is een zee een zee, in het Duits is een zee een meer.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:25 pm

Grischa wrote:
what is food in one country is a phobia in another
co je potravina v jedné zemi, je fobie v jiné

sakra

JOOO? :O

Muj materskej jazyk neni Cestina ale seru na to.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 3:27 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
God dammit! f**k this s**t!

Time for another go:

Piss off c**t! I hope you go f**k yourself!

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2017, 1:53 pm

As a native English speaker, it was always amusing for me when I just moved here and didn't speak Dutch yet that the computer's error message when crashing started with "U Kunt", which actually means "You can't", I kept seeing "U Kunt" everywhere. Now that I speak Dutch, it's not funny anymore.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

Ik zeg niet waar het gebeurde, maar enige tijd geleden was ik getuige van een bijzondere babylonische spraakverwarring.
Plaats van handeling was een hostel, figuranten waren een nederlandstalig echtpaar en man uit Syrië, deze man sprak arabisch en engels, de nederlandstalige man sprak overigens ook vloeiend engels, maar zijn vrouw niet. Afijn hier komt ie.

Nederlandstalige man tegen Syriër: "this is my wife" terwijl hij naar zijn vrouw wees.
Nederlandstalige vrouw tegen haar echtgenoot "wat, ben ik je wijf?"
Nederlandstalige man tegen zijn echtgenote "Ja, in het engels bij jij my wife"
Nederlandstalige vrouw "En in het nederlands ben ik niet je wijf?"
Nederlandstalige man "nee, in het nederlands niet"
Nederlandstalige vrouw "Ooh, ik schrok al"