should i call him 2 weeks after he gave me his number?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2015, 7:12 pm

A guy gave me his number 2 weeks ago but I didn't contact him because he's not my type.I tried dating outside my type but I found I was never as excited about them and it effected my sexual attraction towards them.It just wasn't the same compared to guys I generally go for.

The previous guy has the physical attributes I'm drawn to but he just wanted sex .I'm looking for more than just a sexual relationship at this point in my life.

I was thinking to text and and see how it goes. I'm 31 and been single for 2 years.I'm not getting any younger.

Guys what would you think if a girl texts you 2 weeks after giving her your number?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 7:53 pm

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
... Guys what would you think if a girl texts you 2 weeks after giving her your number?
I would think that she wasn't really interested in me, that she was just bored, or that she was going to try to "borrow" some money from me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

alex
Developer
Developer

21 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm

It wouldn't bother me if she called me two weeks later.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 1:04 am

My friend's (now) wife contacted him around 7 months after they exchanged numbers. Okay that's just one example but hey, what have you got to lose? May as well contact him, and yeah I think a text is a good idea.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm

Well if you're pretty certain he's not your type and that will significantly effect the relationship...it might be best not to. But if you mean you have some interest and genuinely really do want to see if dating him works out then I say go for it.

I used to have an okcupid account and I got a messege from a guy and read it, I think they can see if you view the message there. Anyways I intended to reply but had some other crap going on and entirely spaced it out and forgot...then about a month later I remembered and figured it couldn't hurt to still reply even after so long. The worst that could have happened would be that he was already seeing someone and not interested anymore. Turns out he did go out with some other women but didn't really hit it off with any so he was quite glad to finally receive my response and meet up.

So basically even after a while a guy may still be interested...but if they are it very well can mean there is something they really like about you and see potential for something lasting.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
A guy gave me his number 2 weeks ago but I didn't contact him because he's not my type.I tried dating outside my type but I found I was never as excited about them and it effected my sexual attraction towards them.It just wasn't the same compared to guys I generally go for.

The previous guy has the physical attributes I'm drawn to but he just wanted sex .I'm looking for more than just a sexual relationship at this point in my life.

I was thinking to text and and see how it goes. I'm 31 and been single for 2 years.I'm not getting any younger.

Guys what would you think if a girl texts you 2 weeks after giving her your number?

If you've changed your mind about not wanting to see him, then go for it. The worst that can happen is that he's already dating someone else by now, in which case he'll decline. Otherwise, you've got nothing to lose.