Why are Scandinavian features becoming a minority?

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

Omerik wrote:
AR1500 wrote:
Anyway, NOT all white people look the same! Teutonic, Celtic, and Slavic peoples each have their own "look". I like the Slavic look on women.

Well, I guess it's also a matter of what you define as "white".
For me as a Jew I never get why people from Asia who have very fair skin aren't considered "white"...

In Israel where I live "white" and "black" is usually used as a descriptive feature. I mean, obviously Jews from Ethiopia are considered black, but in some families siblings can be both "white" and "black".

Myself I look Southern-European I think (my family are Jews from the Balkan on my mother's side, and from Galicia/Eastern Europe on my father's). Fair skin that gets tanned in the sun/summer, and thick dark hair and beard.

It's interesting that while there are blonde Jews in the US, I think, in Israel blondes are usually from "Soviet" heritage. In other places with blonde people like Poland or Germany they apparently didn't intermarry/"interbreed" as much, that's at least why I get from what I see. Jews from Russia or Ukraine tend to look more "goyish", while Jews from Germany or Poland would usually have darker features (not as much as Jews from other countries such as Yemen, Morocco or even Greece, but still).

They are considered "white". I would say that the broadest definition of "white people" is fair skinned caucasians. Indo-European and Semitic people have a common genetic origin: Haplogroup IJ. I is for the Indo-Europeans and J is for Semitic people. Ethiopian Jews I are racially mixed between Semitic and Black African genetic stock.

And more importantly, there really IS some genetic difference, albeit not much, between the North Teutonic people in Scandinavia and the British Isles and the South Teutonic peoples of continental Europe. Nordic just means northern and obviously the OP likes the north Teutonic look.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 4:31 pm

Would my features qualify? :P I'm a Finn.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm

You look awesome.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 4:58 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
You look awesome.

That is kind of you. Thank you :)

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2015, 8:19 pm

Lilya wrote:

Would my features qualify? :P I'm a Finn.

Have you tried wearing your hair without a pony tail? I think it might fit you more.

Either way you don't look bad, just think it could compliment you better.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:37 am

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 1:24 pm

Quote:
Don't believe everything you read on the internets!

Mainly I rely on my degree in history, the years I spent living in Ireland, and my extensive reading (of books!).
;) Just because I recommend Googling doesn't mean that's the source of all my knowledge.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:01 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to see some evidence that red hair was absent from the British Isles before the the Viking Invasion

You can Google it. I don't know if red hair was entirely absent before the Vikings, but they certainly greatly increased its prevalence.

Blonde hair gravitates to the north of Europe (ie Scandanavia).

Red hair to the WEST of Europe ( coinciding with the Iron Age Celtic regions).

So red hair was likely common in Britain when it was inhabited by the Celtic Britons -before even the Anglo Saxons invaded, which was before the later Viking invasions.