Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

If I hadn't already dyed my hair, I'd probably have it like that right now.

Cyllya1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2016, 3:28 am

I like the ombre look. The picture in the OP isn't a great instance of it, by my tastes, although I don't think she looks terrible or anything. I don't normally color my hair, so I haven't done it, but now that I think about it, maybe I'll give it a shot next time my hair grows long. On the other hand, it seems like it works best with curly or wavy hair, and I'm not going to try to mess with that.

(I actually used to have a slight ombre-ness to my hair naturally, because I'm one of those people who start out blond and turn brunette around puberty. I kind of liked it, but in my case, it didn't look too great because the old hair was getting that shaggy split-end look from going too long without being cut. It looked like straw.)

Quote:
I think it only looks good when it's because the hair has grown past the dye. I had blonde tips to a gradual red to a gradual dark brown before getting a sequence of hair cuts over the period of a year or two, and it looked awesome. you can tell when someone tried to achieve that effect without going through the actual process (which made it cool in the first place), like that girl, who tried way too hard and it looks stupid.

I usually don't like that "dyed your hair a solid color but the old color has started to grow back" look, personally. I think one of the reasons people use an ombre style is to avoid that look, not as a shortcut to getting it.

Eloquaint wrote:
Is it high maintenance? It looks high maintenance.

I don't have personal experience, but I think it's less maintenance than dying your hair completely, and more maintenance than just not dying your hair at all.

rude1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2016, 1:08 pm

I'm not into unnatural hair colors.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

Well in that picture I don't like it at all.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Feb 2016, 9:32 am

If it's done right I think it looks nice. I've done color ombres before.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Feb 2016, 9:34 am

Eloquaint wrote:
Is it high maintenance? It looks high maintenance.

Not at all actually, you should only have to do it once or twice, depending on how long you keep your hair that way. When you get your hair trimmed quite a bit you'd have to get it done again and so on. But it's as easy as putting bleach on the ends of your hair for about a half hour and rinsing it out.

stream26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2016, 8:37 am

I like streaks in the hair it gives it some variety and texture and sometimes it look perfect but I don't get this dying the ends of it to make it look like dyed hair that grew out. it really looks stupid and borderline tacky like something a stripper or hooker would do. :|
Prefer natural combination of ombre/balayage

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

I can't be bothered with high-maintenance looks; even if the end result looks good (and I have seen ombre hair I liked) I find it silly to spend much time/effort/money on something only for looks when I could be doing something useful (not that I'm feeling particularly useful spending time posting on forums right now.)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm

That hair colour looks better with warm complexion tones, rather than cool ones I think.

stream26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm

And want to add, good balayage result is not easy to achieve, thus, selecting the right stylist is crucial if you want to get it done right. Moreover, choosing the right color combination can either make or break your new hairstyle.
The goal of the balayage is to give your hair a natural sun-kissed look, so expect the color options to be in between blondes and brunette hues. A good color combination can complement your skin and face easily, so make sure to select hues that match—not clash—with each other[url=http://
On the other hand, thicker hair is also recommended for ombre hairstyles since thicker strands can withstand the bleaching more than thin hair.

Last edited by B19 on 03 Dec 2019, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

I think it is beautiful :heart: I especially love rainbow colored ombre. If my hair was longer, I'd maybe try it. However, I don't think it would probably look that good on me. I don't look good with anything too different from my natural color. My friend did a blue and green ombre and it is so pretty. I think she looks like a mermaid. I'd post a photo, but I don't want to without her permission.

RobertRolley
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2017, 6:07 am

Looks amazing also you can select color according to your hairstyle..

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 7:05 am

I have never heard of or seen the word ombre before now. Where have I been?

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 9:09 pm

I think it looks lovely when done correctly. Might want to try it out myself once my hair reaches past shoulder length. :)

sunilverma33333
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2019, 2:41 am

Ombre hair has become a classic and has a huge following among women. It is not only a style that looks really great on your dark tresses, but it is also quite easy to execute. And, on top of everything, it is quite low-maintenance. There can be a humongous number of hair styles these days, but you can always opt for an ombre hair style, thanks to its alluring qualities we have mentioned earlier. And whether you have straight hair or curly hair, you can easily find the ombre that suits you the best. It can look sophisticated and elegant if you’re opting for a subtle style or dramatic and bold if you use bright colours that stand out.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm

I like it. I used to have ombre hair myself.