Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Elensar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 4:08 pm

wow, guess we can't do anything anymore. thanx!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

01 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

If he was just talking then surely no crime has been committed but if he has asked them to go to a cabin with him then I can see why that would look like he was trying to lure them away. If he genuinely didn't realise that was inappropriate then I hope he is cut some slack but what if they'd have said 'ok' and gone with him? That would be kidnapping whether the children go voluntarily or not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 11:34 pm

No wonder I hate cops and the people who phone them. I also get paranoid when people use the cops as a scare tacit towards me, because I know how cops are around autistic people.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

And this why I always keep to myself. People already think I'm weird and scary looking. No way I want to draw more attention to myself by being near children.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 9:44 pm

Rabbers wrote:
If he was just talking then surely no crime has been committed but if he has asked them to go to a cabin with him then I can see why that would look like he was trying to lure them away.
That's kind of the key hinge point.

Even if he did invite them to the cabin, I'm not a fan of huge punishment and the criminal justice system.

Fortunately, the man's mother is standing up for him. And hopefully, he has one or two other local advocates. The dynamic usually is that it's better having someone else speak for you, like getting a lawyer, that's the prime example.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 6:01 am

I have an 8 yr old child. If someone approached my child in this way, yes, I would phone the cops.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2015, 7:45 am

I think that blog post is incredibly naive. It's implying that it's impossible for an autistic person to be sexually attracted to children. Just because someone's got mental difficulties doesn't mean they're a nice person. And peodophiles - unless they have very low IQ - don't typically sexually assault children in public, so the claim he couldn't have had bad intentions because he didn't touch them is nonsense. I don't think the parents can't be relied on because who wants to think their son is a peodophile?

On the other hand it might have been an entirely innocent conversation. As mentioned above, depending on his degree of autism and intelligence he might lack the social intelligence to befriend children and lure them away to assault them. I just hope it's investigated properly and his true intentions come to light - but I have poor faith in the justice system when it comes to understanding mental illness/differences.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 12:46 am

elkclan wrote:
I have an 8 yr old child. If someone approached my child in this way, yes, I would phone the cops.

So what you are saying is that men are not allowed to talk to your children, but women are, correct? Sounds good. I hope your 8 yr old child is not a boy.

I am absolutely disgusted by the fact that women today overreact and freak out about any man even saying hi to a teen or a child. I'm a woman, but honestly, at what point does this end? How would you feel if as a woman you had to watch your back all the time because if you even said hi to a kid the Dad could accuse you of trying to lure them somewhere or abuse them? Something is really off with society today.

PS funny how women claim that they don't have equal rights...geez

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 1:21 am

Quote:
corruption of the morals of a minor

heh. i feel so sorry for kids sometimes. either way i hope his true intentions get noticed.

KateCoco wrote:
It's implying that it's impossible for an autistic person to be sexually attracted to children.

where?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

13 Nov 2015, 1:49 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Quote:
corruption of the morals of a minor

heh. i feel so sorry for kids sometimes. either way i hope his true intentions get noticed.

KateCoco wrote:
It's implying that it's impossible for an autistic person to be sexually attracted to children.

where?

It's the general tone of the article, but in particular when she writes, "A psychiatric evaluation will be performed on Daniel, and if it’s determined that his parents are not making up their son’s diagnosis, perhaps the charges will be dropped" ie if he's autistic, his interaction with the kids must have been innocent

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 2:42 pm

Unless a law was passed that prevents adults from talking to children, I don't see how they could possibly convict him of anything. They have no evidence that he did anything other than talk to them. No physical contact was made and there is no record of exactly what was said.

Kate
The article doesn't imply that autistic people can't be pedophiles. It's just saying how ridiculous the charges are in this particular case. If the charges are dropped because he's autistic then that is on the police not the author of the article.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 7:27 pm

The article doesn't even say what the charge was.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 11:26 am

He tried to lure kids, of course the cops were called on him. Also where in the two source articles does it say he is autistic other than the blog post in the link?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 11:37 am

:roll:

Have any of you tried to follow up on this story, or were you all too busy passing judgement?

Radnor Man Released from Jail.

Quote:
Daniel Lee was arrested last week after parents complained he was talking to children at Wayne Elementary School in Radnor Township.

Lee's mother told Action News her son has autism and just likes talking to children. She says despite the charges, her son is not a threat or a danger.

The Delaware County District Attorney's office said there would be stipulations for Lee's release, but they wouldn't go into detail.

The police say Lee acknowledged he knows it's inappropriate for him to strike up a conversation with young children.

They say they are aware that Lee may have some cognitive issues, but say he scared the children and indicated he wanted to take them to a cabin in the woods.

They say they're glad the children and their mother called them as quickly as they did.

Other parents say this is a unique situation and no one is hitting the panic button.

Police had a prior complaint about him talking to children four years ago, but decided that was a harmless encounter.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
He tried to lure kids, of course the cops were called on him. Also where in the two source articles does it say he is autistic other than the blog post in the link?

Oh okay, but what was the crime they would have charged him with, if he was taken to jail, unless he was only held for 24 hours, or whatever the holding laws are in that area?