Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

greaserhippie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2015, 12:17 pm

Just a few days ago, it was announced that Suzanne Wright, co-founder of the hate group masquerading as a charity that is Autism Speaks, would be leaving her post there for pancreatic cancer. Considering the immense, if not irreversible, damage she has inflicted on us, I'd like to here what other Aspies have to say. My personal view is I wished she could have faced a more gruesome demise.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 7:14 pm

Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst cancers, possibly the worst.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:02 pm

lets wish her the best.its still a free country where your free to have a different view on how to solve problems.i dont like autism speaks either but i dont wish cancer on there members,workers or founders.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:51 pm

I don't like autism speaks but Pancreatic Cancer is pretty bad and painful. That is what my granpa died from. He got the diagnosis and with in a month and a half he was dead. He died in pain and wasted away. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 6:50 pm

One doesn't cancel out the other. Suzanne Wright has done enormous damage to the group well-being people on the spectrum, which may take several generations to undo. If this unfortunate illness limits her capacity to do more damage, then this is a positive IMO, though of course cancer itself is not, as any life-threatening illness is not (and I am a cancer "survivor", though I intensely dislike the term).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 7:00 pm

As much as I despise the fearmongers at A$, I wouldn't wish any cancer on anybody.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 7:44 pm

Of course you wouldn't. However I suspect that there will be people in the ASD community whose first thought at hearing the news was "Perhaps there is a God after all" and others who will see it as divine retribution.

My perception about Suzanne Wright as a person and personality - narcissistic, entitled, loves the be centre stage in the limelight, loves the powertrip and adulation of her adherents, misrepresents her self-aggrandizing as self-sacrifice on behalf of the "autistic no-hopers", botoxed to kingdom come, superficial and dangerously prejudiced - none of those perceptions of her motivations and character - and the damage she has done for her own gratification - have been changed because she has cancer. I am sorry that she has cancer; however in all honesty, I am rather sorry that she ever existed because of the harm she has done, the lying propaganda that she has dedicated herself to presenting as fact, her extreme disrespect of disability, and her extreme neurotypical supremacist/eugenicist ideas. Slapping a gagging order on her daughter didn't endear me to her either.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 9:20 am

Maybe this will make her reflect on her life. We should, though, have found a way to forcefully make her listen to us talk calmly and rationally about autism and how it's no better or worse than neurotypicality.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 11:39 am

She makes me want to puke. I hope with her gone, AS will take a less damaging trajectory.

She still has my sympathy, as does her family. Pancreatic cancer is a miserable way to go, and I decline to wish it on anyone.

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Nov 2015, 11:45 am

Wow. Some of you guys are coming across as absolutely horrible human beings in your messages. We're talking about a human being here who is suffering. Show some respect for god's sake.

I am very sad to hear about what has happened. I actually spoke with her a few weeks ago at an event and she was incredibly nice. She's devoted her life to doing her best to help people. She even gave an uplifting speech about how we need to focus on the beauty that autistic people have. Obviously people disagree with one another but wishing someone ill is absolutely unconscionable

I'm locking this thread. Someone can create a separate thread with the goal of wishing her the best. Really disappointed in you guys.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

I know what it is to have cancer; I have compassion for anyone going through that experience. I have more compassion for young people on the spectrum who can't cope with the barrage of negativity and leave the planet so prematurely, particularly those who end their young lives with suicide. Hate speech is cancerous, it's a cancer of the soul. It's different if someone who is a friend of yours is suffering, you are personally engaged, you have an existing relationship. I would not have wanted strangers who disliked my career trajectory (and perhaps me generally) to say opposite things when I was ill, simply because of that. I don't want anyone to suffer, that's my way of showing respect.