Why is it girls have an easier time getting dates than guys?

Page 12 of 43 [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 43  Next

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 5:20 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
"How a man and woman physically and sexually are expressed says it all.
Penis - Erects, Goes out, Penetrates, Pushes in, Seeks, Discharges, The sperm finds the egg- not the other way around.
Vagina - Softens, Invites in, Sucks in, Allows, Let's go, Takes in, The Egg waits for the sperm- not the other way around."

"Males have a penis, which equals aggression, females have a vagina, which means receiving. That’s it."

"us guys are equipped to penetrate, which is an act of aggression"

That's why there are times I hate having a penis, and us humans are not solely here on this planet just to reproduce

You do know that biological essentialism is a limited, reductive, sexist, and generally idiotic way to interpret the complexities of human interaction, right? I hope that is what you are saying with your posts, that the other guy believed in this junk because he was an idiot.

Rivka333
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

Lifeistoohard wrote:
Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Because girls sit their ass while they're choosing the "perfect" male.

Many men find women that ask them out to be "gross" and "coming on too strong" or "aggressive and masculine"

So, take your pick. If a woman were to come up to you and say: "hey, you seem cool want to grab and cup of coffee/tea/a drink and chat"

You kidding me!? I'd think to myself "Am I in heaven right now? A girl is asking me out!" Then happily say "yes". Any guy that doesn't want a girl to approach him is messed up, big time.

I think that a lot of guys would have your reaction.

Unfortunately, a lot of the dating advice that's our there, tells women that "men will lose interest if you ever initiate anything."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

I'd be pretty stunned if a girl asked me out.

It has only happened to me once--when I was 17. She turned out to be a Jesus Freak.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 10:54 pm

Wow, this thread is still going? I'd forgotten about it.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd be pretty stunned if a girl asked me out.

It has only happened to me once--when I was 17. She turned out to be a Jesus Freak.
It happened to me a couple of times when I was 13 or 14. I found it terrifying and ran away :lol:

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2015, 11:30 am

AR1500 wrote:
dobyfm wrote:
Ugh! I agree! I see all these girls with boyfriends or getting asked out. I got tired of expecting a guy to ask me out so I just go for it. As of now, I enjoy doing the chasing. 8)

Just my $0.02 for the matter but I would say that if you want to get asked out, you have to stand out. One way to do this is to upgrade your wardrobe and dress sexy(form fitting clothes like leggings as pants, high heels, and short skirts/dresses plus makeup). You might not want to do this and it's *O-Kay* if you really don't wanna but it can definitely help you get the menz attention.

Hmm, I'm comfortable and feel a little more confident when I go out wearing skirts, my stockings, and ballet flats. I do not like high heels. But thank you for your $0.02. :)

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

My experience has been largely the opposite. Most attractive women I see are with significantly less attractive men, and in media, the geeky unattractive nerd has a much higher chance of landing a hot girl than a nerdy girl does with a guy, unless she is either stylish and attractive to begin with or cleans up her appearance.

This means that if I was to like a boy my own level of attractiveness, (and I do consider myself quite attractive, but my personality is awkward), he would feel entitled to more attractive women.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm

AR1500 wrote:
Just my $0.02 for the matter but I would say that if you want to get asked out, you have to stand out. One way to do this is to upgrade your wardrobe and dress sexy(form fitting clothes like leggings as pants, high heels, and short skirts/dresses plus makeup). You might not want to do this and it's *O-Kay* if you really don't wanna but it can definitely help you get the menz attention.

Yeah, but you still need to be able to flirt and communicate socially. Just dressing yourself up nice isn't actually going to do much if you don't have good social skills.

You go from unnoticeable to "that pretty girl who thinks she's too good for guys".

People assume that I haven't met anyone I'm interested in, like I'm choosing to be alone. But in reality I've been rejected over and over again. Being well dressed just makes it look like you think you're too good for anyone if you're shy and not good at striking up conversation.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 11:44 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Yeah, but you still need to be able to flirt and communicate socially. Just dressing yourself up nice isn't actually going to do much if you don't have good social skills.

You go from unnoticeable to "that pretty girl who thinks she's too good for guys".

People assume that I haven't met anyone I'm interested in, like I'm choosing to be alone. But in reality I've been rejected over and over again. Being well dressed just makes it look like you think you're too good for anyone if you're shy and not good at striking up conversation.

This is very true.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2015, 12:16 am

It is equally difficult for men and women. Women approach in much more subtle ways than men and it is up to us to read and reciprocate to them.

Unfortunately, most men on the spectrum struggle to read facial cues and expressions so many opportunities to develop beyond fantasy are truly missed.

Yes, women can find hook ups approach them but it is devoid of emotion and women are forced into situations of abuse and objectification.

Unfortunately, many women on the spectrum struggle to filter out men.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2015, 8:30 am

hurtloam wrote:

Very true. This especially applies to the older you get because people start looking at the physical and personality aspects of a person.

Pineapplejuicex
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2015, 9:00 am

dobyfm wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Very true. This especially applies to the older you get because people start looking at the physical and personality aspects of a person.

If you've just met a person, physical appearance plays the biggest role... but if you get to know them a bit (via shared class, book club, etc), it matters less. Smarts, wit, kindness and other intangibles play a bigger role. Looks still matter, jest less.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:18 am

I'm not saying looks don't matter, just that they're not the magic solution. You don't automatically find someone if you are attractive. There's more to it than that.

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

CryingTears15 wrote:
My experience has been largely the opposite. Most attractive women I see are with significantly less attractive men, and in media, the geeky unattractive nerd has a much higher chance of landing a hot girl than a nerdy girl does with a guy, unless she is either stylish and attractive to begin with or cleans up her appearance.

This means that if I was to like a boy my own level of attractiveness, (and I do consider myself quite attractive, but my personality is awkward), he would feel entitled to more attractive women.

I've seen plenty of geeky, not-so-pretty nerdy chicks with boyfriends and plenty of these gals *do* get hit on by men. They may not have as man options as super-glamorous girly-girls but they still can find someone wanting to get with them. And when these women make an effort to dress flamboyantly and sexy it quite often pays off spectacularly.

Now what I have observed is that most women are less concerned with looks than men except when it comes to height. But there are other traits which make them desirable. And an undesirable man can't just put on designer clothes and groom himself well to suddenly become a heart throb! He's gonna have to work MUCH harder because women are pickier than men as numerous people ITT have already explained before.

And finally, you really need to learn to distinguish media from reality. Those romantic comedies where the geeky guy gets the pretty girl are not the norm in real life.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

I dunno, all the single guys I know who are over 30 are all pretty picky. No one seems to be good enough for them. They've also got used to their own lives and their own habits and don't seem to be able to let anyone in.

There really is no truth in the idea that one gender has it easier. Broken people of either gender are inferior and not going to be selected. That's the way it is. If you are sub-standard, you are not attractive. Doesn't matter what gender you are.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 11:10 am

dobyfm wrote:
AR1500 wrote:
dobyfm wrote:
Ugh! I agree! I see all these girls with boyfriends or getting asked out. I got tired of expecting a guy to ask me out so I just go for it. As of now, I enjoy doing the chasing. 8)

Hmm, I'm comfortable and feel a little more confident when I go out wearing skirts, my stockings, and ballet flats. I do not like high heels. But thank you for your $0.02. :)

I can see that making sense for some...but if you're not a female who wears stuff like that regularly, it wouldn't make sense to wear it to get dates since they'd eventually realize you're trying to fit a certain image that's not really you or they might find your usual style unattractive.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 3:50 am

hurtloam wrote:
I dunno, all the single guys I know who are over 30 are all pretty picky. No one seems to be good enough for them. They've also got used to their own lives and their own habits and don't seem to be able to let anyone in.

There really is no truth in the idea that one gender has it easier. Broken people of either gender are inferior and not going to be selected. That's the way it is. If you are sub-standard, you are not attractive. Doesn't matter what gender you are.
So that's my problem, it's just because I'm broken and inferior. That explains everything. :o