Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Welser
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2015, 7:43 am

Well a few months ago I got diagnosed with adhd. How ever I wasn't really sure if it was the correct diagnose or if I have comorbid Aspergers. I remember when I was young I was a very quiet person and found people puzzling, actually I still do. I seem very normal on the outside but what goes through my mind is completely different. I analyze everything including people, but im confused and sad right know, because my family doesn't understand that I'm not normal they know about my adhd diagnose but it seems that they havent done any research to learn or comprehend that when I do make a mistake I didn't do it on purpose. Sometimes I do things that make me seem like I don't care but that's not the case I just have trouble expressing my emotions. About a year ago my mother was dying, but for some reason I didnt see why I should go visit her. My father had to tell me to go pay her a visit so I did. And even when she passed away I did feel sad and still miss her but I had to force myself to even try to shed a tear. Its not that I didn't care I do but that's just the way I am. On top of everything I have trouble with concentration, motivation, daydreaming, I just feel so bad and angry. I want people to just understand that I'm trying but I don't think I have ever shared my emotions with anyone. I feel that I need to seek an evaluation to put my mind at rest. After that the next challenge will be explaining it to my family.

About me: male, age 25, part time student.

Additional info: I have done a lot of research on my childhood ever since I suspected I had Aspergers. Some of the things I realized is that in most of my pictures I didn't smile while my brothers did. I also noticed when they took a picture of me outside on a sunny day I covered my eyes I have always been really sensitive to light and certain sounds. As a kid I remember I used stare at anything that had a pattern. Whenever they would take me to church I would spend all my time staring at the patterns on the carpet or visual stimming of the lights. I also used to get bullied and critizied when I went through a phase where I would blink really fast and constantly whenever my parents went to visit other people. There was this one time where this guy threatened to burn my eye lashes off if I didn't stop. Later after that I found other ways to cope. I will continue to update, but that's all I have for right now.

Last edited by Welser on 11 Nov 2015, 11:51 am, edited 6 times in total.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 7:47 am

Welser wrote:
Well a few months ago I got diagnosed with adhd. How ever I wasn't really sure if it was the correct diagnose or if I have comorbid Aspergers. I remember when I was young I was a very quite person and found people puzzling, actually I still do. I seem very normal on the outside but what goes through my mind is completely different. I analyze everything including people, but im confused and sad right know, because my family doesn't understand that I'm not normal they know about my adhd diagnose but it seems that they havent done any research to learn or comparehnd that when I do make a mistake I didn't do it on purpose. Sometimes I do things that make me seem like I don't care but that's not the case I just have trouble expressing my emotions. About a year ago my mother was dying, but for some reason I did see why I should go visit her I felt like an ass. My father had to tell me to go pay her a visit so I did. And even when she passed away I did feel sad and still miss her but I had to force myself to even try to shed a tear. Is not that I didn't care I do but that's just the way I am. On top of everything I have trouble with concentration, motivation, daydreaming, I just feel so bad and angry. I want people to just understand that I'm trying but I don't think I have ever shared my emotions with anyone. I feel that I need to seek an evaluation to put my mind at rest. After that the next challenge will be explaining it to my family.
The content of your post does not seem to match the title - I didn't see any test mentioned. You might have ASD, might not, but have enough traits that it is a reasonable question.

I don't know your age, gender, and living situation. It's okay to not disclose that, but with more details, you may get better comments. In any case, welcome to WrongPlanet.

Welser
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2015, 7:57 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Welser wrote:
Well a few months ago I got diagnosed with adhd. How ever I wasn't really sure if it was the correct diagnose or if I have comorbid Aspergers. I remember when I was young I was a very quite person and found people puzzling, actually I still do. I seem very normal on the outside but what goes through my mind is completely different. I analyze everything including people, but im confused and sad right know, because my family doesn't understand that I'm not normal they know about my adhd diagnose but it seems that they havent done any research to learn or comparehnd that when I do make a mistake I didn't do it on purpose. Sometimes I do things that make me seem like I don't care but that's not the case I just have trouble expressing my emotions. About a year ago my mother was dying, but for some reason I did see why I should go visit her I felt like an ass. My father had to tell me to go pay her a visit so I did. And even when she passed away I did feel sad and still miss her but I had to force myself to even try to shed a tear. Is not that I didn't care I do but that's just the way I am. On top of everything I have trouble with concentration, motivation, daydreaming, I just feel so bad and angry. I want people to just understand that I'm trying but I don't think I have ever shared my emotions with anyone. I feel that I need to seek an evaluation to put my mind at rest. After that the next challenge will be explaining it to my family.
The content of your post does not seem to match the title - I didn't see any test mentioned. You might have ASD, might not, but have enough traits that it is a reasonable question.

I don't know your age, gender, and living situation. It's okay to not disclose that, but with more details, you may get better comments. In any case, welcome to WrongPlanet.

I'm trying to post the image, but it's not showing up

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 10:25 am

It might be because you are new to the forum. I think they make it impossible to post links and pics for someone with too few posts, as a precaution against spammers.