Should elderly women not be saying abortion is wrong?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:38 am

Well, like men, they can never get pregnant. So should elderly women not be considered allowed to have an opinion on abortion?

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2015, 12:12 pm

NewTime wrote:
Well, like men, they can never get pregnant. So should elderly women not be considered allowed to have an opinion on abortion?
What you are forgetting is that elderly women were once young women who could get pregnant and they've basically 'been there...done that'.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and you cannot, in all honesty 'disallow' that to happen. How will you go about enforcing it?

That being said, I don't have an opinion on abortion whatsoever, suffice to say if I was raped by a madman and fell pregnant, there's no way in hell I would ever have his child.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 12:21 pm

like SoMissunderstood says, you forget that "elderly" women WERE young women once, who faced all the same issues any young woman of any era is facing at least in terms of her body and things that happen to it.

Thus, OF COURSE an older woman has an opinion -- she's been in the same position most likely. An older woman IS a young woman whose body has simply changed function. Jeez.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 12:41 pm

If they aren't the ones that would have to bare the burden (literally in this case) of not going through with that abortion, then I would say, no they shouldn't be the ones deciding what the women then can and can not do.

Although, they are certainly entitled to whatever opinion they want to have....

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 8:32 pm

It's not wrong for men to have an opinion on abortion, it's just wrong for them to impose their opinion on women.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm

AspE wrote:
It's not wrong for men to have an opinion on abortion, it's just wrong for them to impose their opinion on women.

More wrong than a woman committing murder?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

looniverse wrote:
AspE wrote:

No, however abortion isn't murder.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:14 pm

This is some bizarre logic.

Whether you think abortion is wrong or not has not bearing on what your gender is, or your fertility. I think you are confusing whose choice it is. This is not universally agree on. However most in the pro-choice camp think that the woman who has to carry the baby to term should make the decision.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Nov 2015, 12:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
looniverse wrote:
AspE wrote:

You can rationalize state-sanctioned genetic culling all you want. We certainly live in a society that embraces death.

I'd rather stand for life.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

NewTime wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/19/meet-the- ... 0-5028086/

Never say never...

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 2:32 am

soon men will be able to get pregnant. https://www.yahoo.com/health/surgery-co ... 45142.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 7:35 am

Everybody is allowed to have an opinion no matter what thier experience. Often opinions of those with recent and current experience will be taken more seriously than those opinions of people with no experience in the topic at hand. The proceeding statement does not apply to the opinions of autistic people, especially when it concerns autism and autism related topics.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 7:39 am

opinions are as common as dirt.
dirt is everywhere and tends to collect in niches.
some dirt is fertile and some is barren.
some dirt is stable in rock while some dirt is always in the wind.

all dirt is incorporated into an amalgam eventually and counts for nothing in the span of time.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 10:51 pm

looniverse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
looniverse wrote:
AspE wrote:

You can rationalize state-sanctioned genetic culling all you want. We certainly live in a society that embraces death.

I'd rather stand for life.

When women are empowered, it becomes a more peaceful, prosperous society. This is objectively true, and has nothing to do with a society becoming more violent or warlike, just the opposite.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

0_equals_true wrote:
However most in the pro-choice camp think that the woman who has to carry the baby to term should make the decision.

And, by definition, all in the anti-choice camp think she should not make the decision. I guess you can say they think she should make the decision and this should always be to carry the baby to term.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.