Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2015, 2:18 am

ADHD
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Conduct Disorder
Mixed cluster-b Personalityy disorder with Antisocial and borderline features primarily
Non verbal learning disablitiy/disorder

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Nov 2015, 6:19 pm

It's common for ADHD & NonVerbal Learning Disorder to coexist with Aspergers. The other things are less common but it could be due to how the symptoms manifest & childhood environment. I had those issues too thou I don't have all those diagnoses thou I had some. I had em cuz my I had disabilities in addition to Aspergers that my parents didn't understand & they didn't really understand my Aspergers either thou they knew I had it. They were very critical of my issues & put pressure on me cuz of my bad grades & that caused me to have LOTs of meltdowns.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm

If you seen one person with Asperger's, you have only only seen one person with Asperger's. No one in the world would accuse me of being hyperactive, and for years my problem was that I often couldn't *stop* talking, mainly about my special interests.

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 6:31 pm

Check out "Tourette Syndrome and Human Behavior" by David Comings, M.D. It is a huge thick book with extensive research on the genetics of Tourette Syndrome and other related disorders. I am still wading through it but i am learning so much. It was relatively inexpensive to buy a decent copy, used, on Amazon. My kids represent dyslexia, Tourettes, and HFA, all genetically related according to Dr. Comings' research. This book is full of tables, graphs, and data; also the explanations thereof for the layperson. Rather technical but pretty readable. It was published in 1990 so some of the areas have much more extensive research available by now. But the information is not obsolete by any means.

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2015, 10:51 pm

Dr. Scott Woodside MD FRCPC, Dr. Jennifer Pytyck, Dr. Nakhost all MD FRCPC with the 2 before being forensic staff psychiatrists saying I have a cluster-b personality disorder with primarily antisocial and borderline traits possibly in context with my pervasive developmental disorder Asperger's

MD meaning doctor of medicine and FRCPC is a designation called fellowship of royal college of physicians canada.

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2015, 7:08 am

I am not familiar with the cluster-b personality disorder. I do know that there are others in our extended family with ADD, ADHD, bipolar disorder, and depression. I also see a lot of oppositional defiant traits in my son, although not to the degree that it was added to his diagnosis. I know of another child in our area who was diagnosed with both ASD and ODD. Also the non-verbal learning disability/disorder seems to fit with autism as well.

In Dr. Comings' book he explored different types of personality and behavior disorders related to the genetics of Tourette Syndrome which was his specialty--i don't remember all specifics but i am guessing that all your diagnoses could be related to aspergers and the genetics that go along with it. I was amazed at how many different genetic variations he had studied and how they all played out the traits in the people in his case studies.