Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm

If you don't have true faith then you shouldn't be apart of any church, be your own church.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 9:59 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Anyway, lacking strict guidelines and discipline are modern man's existential woes, and the reward is in developing your own set of rules, and sticking to them because they reflect your personal values. Be your own prophet!

I think I developed backwards! :lol: I used to stick to my own rules, but stopped with them for the sake of Internet and learning about (I read about it) "being young" and "having fun".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 3:35 am

Catlover5 wrote:
Can you be half-Muslim and half-Jew?

They are basically very similar.

Judaism is way closer to Islam than Christianity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 3:36 am

MonsterCrack wrote:
Wanna give an update.... But what should I do if I consider converting to Judaism again? I'm sick and tired of going back and forth..... How do I make up my mind?

lol Calm down, try to stick to something for few weeks.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 5:11 am

Religion is personal; it is entirely possible that your own mind fits best in between two 'mainstream' religions.
Judaism and Islam aren't that different, the biggest difference is the claim that muhammed was the final prophet.
The 'second coming' is a christian thing, it is not part of judaism.

MC, i recommend you try and stop thinking about religion as an institution and do some searching outside of the beaten path.
Some martial arts involve structure and meditation similar to religion, it might be an idea to try that instead.

First, find out what you really think and believe, ignoring the existance of organized religion alltogether.
Once you know that; read up on *all* existing religions and decide which (if any) of them fits the best.

I have walked a similar path, and i decided that none of the existing religions were a match for me.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 7:52 am

shlaifu wrote:
Would it be possible to become a jew again, after you have left? Aren't religious communities rather punishing towards ex-members, to enforce a certain unity?.

He was a Jew for two days.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2015, 8:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It takes YEARS for a non-Jew to convert to Judaism-- As to why? I really cannot answer that.

Why not?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:54 am

You could continue to study Judaism, and to study your own Islamic roots, to get back to the basics of both traditions. Some of America's founding fathers were Deists ( a kind of non trinitarian, non demoninational belief in a JudeoChristian type God who will judge you in the afterlife). Maybe you could create your own Middle Eastern form of Deism (Deism with dietary laws).

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
I've tried that, but it hasn't worked for me.... I just don't see how the messiah and second coming of Jesus could only have 7 million followers, and claim that Muhammad is a prophet when Muhammad claimed to be the final prophet.... (the seal of the prophets)

That's what Christian said of Jesus. Therefore Muhammad is not even a prophet.

It is called one-upmanship anyone can do it.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:28 pm

Why do you think the number of follower should be significant? By that definition you should be a Christian.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You won't be "punished" for converting to Judaism, then turning your back of Judaism--because you didn't convert to Judaism in the first place.

It takes YEARS for a non-Jew to convert to Judaism-- As to why? I really cannot answer that.

Ever thought about Bahai Faith? This "religion" emphasizes the unity of all mankind---Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Jainist, Sikh, etc.
I've tried that, but it hasn't worked for me.... I just don't see how the messiah and second coming of Jesus could only have 7 million followers, and claim that Muhammad is a prophet when Muhammad claimed to be the final prophet.... (the seal of the prophets)

Are you saying that the Bahai ( I assume they are the seven million you are talking about) agree with the Christians that Christ is coming back? Wouldnt that make them Christians as well?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 19 Nov 2015, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 3:06 pm

What's up for tomorrow? Shintoism? Wiccan For a Day? :)

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 4:57 pm

Join Daheshism

NOT DAE'SH, Daheshism, related to its founder's title; Dr. Dahesh which it means Dr. Wonder....a weirdo who claimed to be a Thaumaturgist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daheshism

They even have an official website http://www.daheshville.com/ 8O

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2015, 9:37 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Would it be possible to become a jew again, after you have left? Aren't religious communities rather punishing towards ex-members, to enforce a certain unity?

You can't stop being a Jew. It's not a religion, not in the way English speakers think of the word "religion" at least. We're a nation (more like "ethnos" in Greek, actually) with our national (ethnic) religion. Jewish laws mostly apply only to Jews, for example. According to Jewish religion you don't even have to be Jewish to be "righteous". "Converting" actually means joining the Jewish nation. And it can't be undone.

lunarious87
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2015, 7:59 am

If you swap between Islam and other faiths, then Islam doesnt want you and calls you a hypocrite. And Jews are the bad guys in this game. It is a game. Like Hunger Games. I am the MockingJay. Join me.