Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

I think it's interesting to hear what Syrians themselves say, and not just what the media claims that Syrians say.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 3:01 pm

It always helps to hear it from the horse's mouth--meaning the Syrians themselves. They are the ones experiencing being a refugee the most.

However, the refugees do need people who are not Syrians to be their advocate at this point.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm

You admire the Syrian regime just because they look much modern and less barbaric than ISIS.

But this is so naive, Neotenous Nordic, Hitler looked so modern with his wife and family; dictators on the outlook often look modern and 'civilized'.

Let's not forget how the revolution started before Assad turned it to a civil war: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Daraa

Quote:
Dozens were killed in the predawn raid.[14] Bodies were lying in the streets and couldn’t be reached without risking being shot at, a resident said over satellite phone; “they want to teach Syria a lesson by teaching Daraa a lesson”, he said.[11] Another resident of Daraa said over the phone, according to Arizona Daily Star: "Let Obama come and take Syria. Let Israel come and take Syria. Let the Jews come. Anything is better than Bashar Assad."[15]

^ an untold story to the Daraa siege, told by Syrian refugees from Daraa (and it's always the same story) which was really the starting trigger of the war:

School student were captured by security forces, who behave more like total thugs than military men (I personally know, I have lived under Syrian occupation for too long), their crimes was protesting and writing freedom and anti-regime slogans on walls, influenced by the other nearby revolutions; their parents came to beg them to release them but in turn the security threaten parents to execute them, one of the senior officers told them "forget about your children, breed others", when fathers persisted he was like "then bring your women, I ll help in breeding"; this rape threatening only escalated stuff much more violently.

Before admiring him, learn about the histories of the Pro-Assad salafist/Islamist gangs, such as Fatah-al-Islam and the famous Al-Nusra, learn how the founders of those gangs were released from Syrian prisons only to magically become heads of well funded and powerful gangs after a short time. http://www.kataeb.org/news/2013/11/16/b ... -and-fatah

Way before the revolution ever started, Al-Assad often used fundamentalist Islamist cells to operate outside Syria, they were allowed to terrorize everywhere as long it's not inside Syria - that was the deal with them. He had many fundamentalist sunni parties as allies in Lebanon for instance.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 6:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You admire the Syrian regime just because they look much modern and less barbaric than ISIS.

But this is so naive, Neotenous Nordic, Hitler looked so modern with his wife and family; dictators on the outlook often look modern and 'civilized'.

Let's not forget how the revolution started before Assad turned it to a civil war: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Daraa

Quote:
Dozens were killed in the predawn raid.[14] Bodies were lying in the streets and couldn’t be reached without risking being shot at, a resident said over satellite phone; “they want to teach Syria a lesson by teaching Daraa a lesson”, he said.[11] Another resident of Daraa said over the phone, according to Arizona Daily Star: "Let Obama come and take Syria. Let Israel come and take Syria. Let the Jews come. Anything is better than Bashar Assad."[15]

^ an untold story to the Daraa siege, told by Syrian refugees from Daraa (and it's always the same story) which was really the starting trigger of the war:

School student were captured by security forces, who behave more like total thugs than military men (I personally know, I have lived under Syrian occupation for too long), their crimes was protesting and writing freedom and anti-regime slogans on walls, influenced by the other nearby revolutions; their parents came to beg them to release them but in turn the security threaten parents to execute them, one of the senior officers told them "forget about your children, breed others", when fathers persisted he was like "then bring your women, I ll help in breeding"; this rape threatening only escalated stuff much more violently.

Before admiring him, learn about the histories of the Pro-Assad salafist/Islamist gangs, such as Fatah-al-Islam and the famous Al-Nusra, learn how the founders of those gangs were released from Syrian prisons only to magically become heads of well funded and powerful gangs after a short time. http://www.kataeb.org/news/2013/11/16/b ... -and-fatah

Way before the revolution ever started, Al-Assad often used fundamentalist Islamist cells to operate outside Syria, they were allowed to terrorize everywhere as long it's not inside Syria - that was the deal with them. He had many fundamentalist sunni parties as allies in Lebanon for instance.
I agree, Assad is a crook. He needs to be killed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

Correction:
Before admiring him, learn about the histories of the Pro-Assad salafist/Islamist gangs, and learn about Fatah-al-Islam and the famous Al-Nusra, learn how the founders of those gangs were released from Syrian prisons only to magically become heads of well funded and powerful gangs after a short time. http://www.kataeb.org/news/2013/11/16/b ... -and-fatah

But the captcha thing is making it impossible to edit anything.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 12:08 am

Good stuff Boo, but when student protestors kill 7 police, then 81 army, then 19 more army, I wonder who supplied the guns?

Yes Syria does make people work for them, turning spies into double agents, so does everyone else in the area.

Also, everyone has networks reaching into everyplace they can reach.

There are so many factions, that when ISIS threatened to over throw Lebanon, most of Lebanon asked How? Who are the leaders that rule was a mystery. Many factions, all armed, all connected to outside forces, and the power shifting all the time.

It has been seen that the Saudi have brought fighters from forty countries to Syria. They are not the only ones, nor do the fighters have the same goals.

Damascus was a City when everyone lived in tents, mud huts, in the whole world. The East has the greatest Culture, History, and that history this same type of spying, troublemaking and fighting existed since at least Gilgamesh.

The recent Civil War in Lebanon was not just two factions, who supported who shifted, no one won, it just ran down.

We rebellious British subjects who stole land from the native Americans, bought slaves from the British, and then had a bloody Civil War, a few World Wars, have nothing on the thousands of years of war in the Middle East.

We have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt in Iraq, Afghanistan, we have no idea what we are doing.

As the articles you posted showed, we ran a finishing school for Jihad, brought the best of the best together, protected them from their enemies, fed them well, then released them. As prisoners of the Americans, we made them war heroes.

Since then we have not gotten smarter.

History shows that mass murder, often leads to becoming elected President later. We have not had an open President like that since Andrew Jackson. He did it in personal duels, 81 I think. None had a militia, none owned lots of major weapons, we are lightweights who barely have the right to keep and bear arms, but only small ones.

Asma Al-Assad is a better Man then any we have produced, a Regal Queen to her people, a true heart.

I would think that people who are in the cradle of Culture and Civilization could set a good example to the younger races. We got Reality TV, Walmart, McDonalds, so do not expect high culture, wisdom, or persistence.

A lot of this is our fault, but we were played by everybody, all masters of a game we do not know.

China was once The Middle Kingdom, they lead the world in many things. They fell, but they are coming back, they still have the spark of greatness. The East has produced some of the greatest works of mankind, and if they could work together, they can do it again.

The West has done well, sometimes, but we do well in narrow fields. We have really developed Technology, through war, and killing hundreds of millions, and spending all of our wealth. That could be applied to better goals. Food, water, education, health care, clean and pleasant places to live.

We all need to change our ways to get there, except Asma Al-Assad, who should be Queen of Earth.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2015, 7:02 am

Yes.

When there are global consequences due to diplomatic ties, the least one can do is investigate for themselves what Syrians themselves say before jumping on the "intervention" bandwagon.

The consequences of midjudgement or giving in to feelings as a result of media propaganda will once again mean the loss of lives. And this develops towards WWIII, so the wrong judgement will have global consequences.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 10:43 am

Quote:
Good stuff Boo, but when student protestors kill 7 police, then 81 army, then 19 more army, I wonder who supplied the guns?

Daraa is "tribal" region, the populations there are parts of clans: all clans had already personal guns; they didn't need anyone to supply them with weapon to inflict that much death ...at the beginning.

Check about the clans of Daraa, Soueida, and the clans of Beqaa's lebanon.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

Ouch! I have wanted to visit Baalbek since I learned of it. Palmyra was also on my list. The old sector of Aleppo, a few other wonders.

This is being hard on tourism. Well, and all the people killed.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

21 Nov 2015, 10:31 pm

This woman is well spoken:

She confirms our suspicion: That U.S and NATO backed the rebels, and have been doing so since 2011.
You can find videos where even Obama admits this. Rand Paul and John McCain have also mentioned it.

You want peace in Syria? Then stop funding the rebels.

Rebels create chaos, Syria intervenes, media portrays Assad as the bad guy because someone dies and there's a photo of a dead guy and media can just write that Assad did it.

Syria loves Assad. Refugee crisis is exploited to justify "interventions". Most refugees aren't even Syrian, but the result of U.S warmongering elsewhere. Of course, it's convenient to say they're all Syrian to inflate aggression towards Syria. Look how fast they took advantage of Paris attacks.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm

Quote:
Ouch! I have wanted to visit Baalbek since I learned of it. Palmyra was also on my list. The old sector of Aleppo, a few other wonders.

This is being hard on tourism. Well, and all the people killed.

Clan people are way less dangerous than the likes of fundamentals and they often don't like any authority to rule over them, Islamist or otherwise, they follow old pre-Islamic old Arab code of honor and they view their own rules are more important than any nation rules even it's Sharia, so they are less likely to be brainwashed by the likes of ISIS.
In Baalbeck, clans have a hate-love relation with Hezbollah which is based on mutual benefits (clans gives % of profits to hezbollah, hezbollah protects them from police) but not on ideological reasons.

Think of them like Mafia families who run "family business" (such as hash production) they won't hurt you as long you don't attempt to mess with their business or with their women(things would get very ugly if you do so). I had a short term with a clan girl once, and it was a bad idea, never again.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2015, 4:15 pm

Quote:
Syria loves Assad.

A free elections is needed to be sure of that (under international monitoring).

She's right about the refugees crisis, in fact many non-syrian refugees are using fake syrian passports to gain refugee status; the black guys for instance are certainly not Syrians.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Nov 2015, 4:37 pm

Any moderates left in Syria should make a peace with Assad and join in the fight against jihadists, there should be free and fair elections with a constitution that protects religious liberties and makes Syria a secular state. If Assad is so bad then the Syrians will vote for someone else but protections should be put in place in the constitution to stop another Hamas or Morsi from taking power, the Kurds at this point deserve their own state and I think perhaps we should reevaluate the PKK as a terrorist group and the Turks as a member of NATO. Mubarak was bad then Morsi was worse so we've come full circle with al-Sisi.

These dictators are only as bad as their realistic alternative which in this case is ISIS, we can't just overthrow governments and institute "regime change" to every leader we dislike and the attitude that we can is exactly what lead to the creation of ISIS. There was no organic protest movement in Syria and it was always launched with the intention of overthrowing the government, TPTB took advantage of Syria's sectarian divides and made use of Islamist foot soldiers as they did in Libya but unlike Libya Assad had friends in Russia, Iran, Shia Iraq, and Hezbollah thus becoming a protracted civil war. It has all the hallmarks of a your typical CIA funny business We need the Turks and Saudis to stop funding ISIS, we need the Turks to control their borders and to stop using ISIS to target the Kurds.