Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:18 pm

I have had a real strong downer feeling appearing in the early part of the day in the past few days. During these periods, I become much quieter and clumsier, and if I must talk to people I struggle to say anything louder than a very quiet voice that is difficult for people to hear, and saying stuff to people becomes a real effort. Generally, by the evening, I seem to get better.

I've also had something of a low appetite the past few days.

Despite this, I am in the middle of relocating and have been proceeding apace. Perhaps the stress of relocating has been getting to me?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:58 pm

There's something, too, about this depression. It's hard to describe, but it feels different from if I'm just normally sad or pessimistic. There is a kind of deadening, like I have been scooped out from the inside. My thinking becomes very negative, but it lacks the sheer feeling of hell and anxiety I get as a side effect sometimes of Seroquel; everything is simply bad, but I don't really care, either--with the Seroquel side effect, I would care.

Is this what they call melancholy?

EDIT: My sleep remains normal and I continue to do my daily activities. I'm still able to get myself moving, though I seem to be more clumsy, especially early in the day.