What did you think about my test for immigrant from Syria:-)

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

You right.

I don't think Muslim are bad persons, just some of them are against western values like freedom of speech, freedom of thoughts, women's rights, gay rights etc. the values that many Europeans hold dear.

Yeah that is the unfortunate part...I think some of it though has to do with them not having those things in Syria, from what I understand it was somewhat of a theocracy and that sort of authoritarian religious law doesn't just disappear because the region got destabilized. I mean some of the refugees might be fleeing the warzone in the hopes they can maybe have more freedom and rights and less risk of being blown up in their own homes.

I think it is important any refugees who show up are subject to the same rules as anyone else in the countries they come to, and should be documented...also these countries should maybe do something to check on if any suspected terrorists do try to cross I don't know if there is a picture database or names that could be recognized that could maybe help screen out refugees for extremists. I certainly am not saying have completely open borders where anything goes...but there's gotta be better ways to try and prevent terrorists getting through than testing whether they are christian or not.

The U.S should be taking more in my opinion since we largely helped destabilize the entire middle east...but we have all the right wingers jumping on the 'No Refugees because terrorists' bandwagon just using it as a tool to discuss the refugees as if they aren't people. Besides if we have such a 'great' military here I am sure they could handle a terrorist threat or situation on our soil. It seems there are many americans who love war, but only if it's on other countries soil.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

You right.

I don't think Muslim are bad persons, just some of them are against western values like freedom of speech, freedom of thoughts, women's rights, gay rights etc. the values that many Europeans hold dear.

Yeah that is the unfortunate part...I think some of it though has to do with them not having those things in Syria, from what I understand it was somewhat of a theocracy and that sort of authoritarian religious law doesn't just disappear because the region got destabilized. I mean some of the refugees might be fleeing the warzone in the hopes they can maybe have more freedom and rights and less risk of being blown up in their own homes.

I think it is important any refugees who show up are subject to the same rules as anyone else in the countries they come to, and should be documented...also these countries should maybe do something to check on if any suspected terrorists do try to cross I don't know if there is a picture database or names that could be recognized that could maybe help screen out refugees for extremists. I certainly am not saying have completely open borders where anything goes...but there's gotta be better ways to try and prevent terrorists getting through than testing whether they are christian or not.

The U.S should be taking more in my opinion since we largely helped destabilize the entire middle east...but we have all the right wingers jumping on the 'No Refugees because terrorists' bandwagon just using it as a tool to discuss the refugees as if they aren't people. Besides if we have such a 'great' military here I am sure they could handle a terrorist threat or situation on our soil. It seems there are many americans who love war, but only if it's on other countries soil.

Exactly :)

I'm not saying that we should be intolerant, but we by our tolerance and desire to help others do not become a victim of intolerance.
In Muslim countries, not Muslims (Christians, Jews, Buddhists) are victims, are often slaughtered in the name of the Muslim faith, Sadly Christians and other religions also acted such way in the past :(
But if we allow this immigrants the Intelligence should screen potential terrorist and keep close eye on those we allow to stay.
Time to end the era of religious hatred.

Rollo
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2015, 8:59 am

It doesn't matter whether Syrians are Christian or Muslim - they are not Europeans and so they don't belong in Poland or any other European country. Syria for Syrians and Poland for Poles. As for refugees, how about they stay in the nearest safe country until it's safe to return. It's not complicated.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

How about to leave it for Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt to take the rest of the refugees that you are so complaining about? We have been harboring them for more than three years, Lebanon alone has over 1.2 millions, and we didn't whine about it in 1/100th the amount of your whining since you Europeans started to take a couple of millions just few months ago - :lol: Please I beg you, all of you, deport them back to the region but stop whining over the entire internet ;_;.

Do you know their kids have been learning in our schools night time for over 3 years?

You think we are not taking ISIS risk with this too? You think our crime rate didn't rise due to this? Or that some non-syrians didn't sneaked in opportunistically? Look what happened to Egypt and Lebanon (but to be fair most isis attacks were carried out by people coming from abroad or few locals, not from refugees, but who knows).

Anyway, how about you drop the act and cancel your commitment to the UN's Refugee Convention....or just leave the UN?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 10:17 pm

Rollo wrote:
It doesn't matter whether Syrians are Christian or Muslim - they are not Europeans and so they don't belong in Poland or any other European country. Syria for Syrians and Poland for Poles. As for refugees, how about they stay in the nearest safe country until it's safe to return. It's not complicated.

The problem is there isn't much Syria left. That toddler that died on the boat to Greece? His town was flattened by air strikes, along with numerous others. The infrastructure has either been taken over or destroyed.