Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 6:05 pm

Did you lie about others that you do not have Asperger's.

n Poland, when someone searches for employment undergo mandatory medical examination by a doctor of occupational medicine.

The same is with the army, in poland once military service was compulsory, was conscription into the army.

Compulsory military service was abolished in 2008.

I was examined by military medical commission in 2004, I was asked about a variety of diseases, asthma, neurological problems; epilepsy, seizures, problems with heart,. Other psychological problems.

I was rejected for medical reasons (shame to say but because overweight), but did not say why the syndrome is not a disease and is not mentioned by name in the medical form :mrgreen:

One of the stereotypes about Asperger syndrome, is such that we are very well behaved and never lie, and we should fight the prejudicial stereotypes :mrgreen:

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 6:13 pm

In some technical fields where an employee has little contact outside their department, it's within the norm at many employers. It would be like "admitting" to having 32 teeth instead of 36 (32 = Wisdom teeth pulled).

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 7:08 am

It highly depends in the type of job; for some, having aspergers can even be a benefit

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2016, 6:03 pm

In my new job, in radiology, a coworker asked me that I'm autistic because I speak in an different manner, but I lied him, telling that I don't know.