"Date other boring people if you're boring."

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 2:50 pm

Well you're statistically most likely to date somebody with a congruently-sized spleen, so if anything as weird as this board's subject stands to bore you, I suggest focusing on people's brains, even if you don't want your own brain under scrutiny...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2015, 3:15 pm

Netflix originals are incredible and they are as good as HBO and AMC in production values..

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2015, 6:30 am

No. Boring is only an opinion. To someone else you may be seen as interesting.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:46 am

no, cause that's...hm, how do i put it, boring.

all in the eye of the beholder.

Earthling wrote:
I like to talk about that kinda stuff sometimes, but maybe I'm just so boring that I find talking about pizza for a few minutes a worthwhile topic of conversation. :lol:

if you manage to have an actual conversation on pizza for minutes on end i'd consider you anything but boring. :mrgreen:

devilkisses why do you plan to date as an NT? i'm guessing one will find out sooner or later.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:44 pm

Now that I think about this again I'm not sure if I'd think to act NT. I mean of course there are benefits to being inconspicuous but I don't know if I could identify them. Either my friends know my diagnosis and consider me on the NT fence or they consider me an extremely eccentric NT.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:23 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
no, cause that's...hm, how do i put it, boring.

all in the eye of the beholder.

Earthling wrote:
I like to talk about that kinda stuff sometimes, but maybe I'm just so boring that I find talking about pizza for a few minutes a worthwhile topic of conversation. :lol:

if you manage to have an actual conversation on pizza for minutes on end i'd consider you anything but boring. :mrgreen:

devilkisses why do you plan to date as an NT? i'm guessing one will find out sooner or later.

I'm planning to date as an NT because I'm very NT-like in a lot of ways. I don't like dealing with people who treat me like I'm autistic. I just find a lot of interactions easier when people don't know about my label. Even teachers. I notice that when people know about the autism label they attribute everything to autism. Everything being attributed to one thing isn't a healthy way to be in a relationship.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:46 pm

Boring is subjective.

No one should get into a long-term relationship with someone who bores them silly off the bat. That's, well, boring.

Everyone is boring to someone, and interesting to someone else.

Live the life that interests you. It will, most likely, lead you to other people who find the same things interesting (or at least un-boring).

OTOH, life can get too interesting. I like my boredom. Boredom means the s**t is not currently hitting the fan. Boring means things are humming along as they are supposed to, and there is not an inordinate amount of sand in the gears.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 3:45 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
I'm planning to date as an NT because I'm very NT-like in a lot of ways. I don't like dealing with people who treat me like I'm autistic. I just find a lot of interactions easier when people don't know about my label. Even teachers. I notice that when people know about the autism label they attribute everything to autism. Everything being attributed to one thing isn't a healthy way to be in a relationship.

oh. i read date as an NT, as in, you planned to pose as one.

that's true. i keep the label hidden and it doesn't seem to be leaking out anymore. :thumright:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 7:21 pm

Ugh. "boring" is subjective. Different people have different interests. I find people who mostly sit around watching sports on television boring. They probably find me boring because I'm not interested in anything they're interested in. We're simply incompatible. There is no objective standard. Find people who share the same interests. It's hard if you have non-mainstream interests, but that's just life. Life kinda sucks for non-mainstream people. It's harder to relate and fit in period. You need extreme patience in finding the right person.

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2015, 7:30 pm

You don't want to date a boring person - 'boring' itself has a negative connotation, right? So it's like saying "Should I date people I don't want to date because some people don't want to date me?"

You want to date someone who finds you interesting. It's okay if your interests are obscure. Sometimes I've messaged people who talked a lot about a big passion or interest of theirs that I'm not particularly into. It doesn't mean they're boring; in fact, I like it when people have something they can passionately talk about. I learn about something new! Ex., if you know everything about Avatar: The Last Airbender, voice actors, etc. I'd love to talk about what makes it so special to you, even if I'm not that into it.

Hermissinglink
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2016, 2:31 pm

I think this was an interesting tread! So you are not boring to me. Try to find things you care about, even they are boring for others or special and interesting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:33 pm

Boring is in the eye of the beholder.

No...

I take that back.

All of the Khardashian sisters are as boring as you can get by anyone's yardstick. Nothing subjective about it.

So if you think you are boring then find a rich rapper like Kanye West to go out with. Problem solved. :D

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

People only see some fragments of our lives and personalities. The same person looks different from different angles. Therefore don't define you as boring, this is the last thing you want to do. Date someone who stands out and try to be your own kind of dazzling.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2017, 6:44 pm

ArtemisHolmes wrote:
So it's like saying "Should I date people I don't want to date because some people don't want to date me?"

That's insightful!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

Boring to one person may not be to another. You just need to find your boring.