Do you think Chris Chan is actually trans?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 3:22 am

Chris Chan is a notorious internet troll. In 2011 he started wearing drag and identifying as a tomgirl. Last year he came out as a male identifying lesbian and started to go by the name Christine. I'm wondering what trans people think of Chris Chan.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:57 am

I've met two people like that IRL, and truth is they had so many other issues going on there was no way to tell. It's not like they appeared to go through any of the typical reasons someone might "suddenly" realize they are trans, such as c-PTSD / repression / etc.. Instead they were among other things mildly (?) schizophrenic. From what I recall, the problem with schizophrenics is that their expressed reality is so fluid that it's hard to nail down if they even have a solidified sense of Self sometimes. And, schizophrenia doesn't necessarily preclude *also* being trans. Not being a qualified assessor, and only having read and seen their videos, I really couldn't say one way or the other. But really, is there any harm in respecting someone's professed identity even if it doesn't turn out to be particularly stable?

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:14 am

Edenthiel wrote:
I've met two people like that IRL, and truth is they had so many other issues going on there was no way to tell. It's not like they appeared to go through any of the typical reasons someone might "suddenly" realize they are trans, such as c-PTSD / repression / etc.. Instead they were among other things mildly (?) schizophrenic. From what I recall, the problem with schizophrenics is that their expressed reality is so fluid that it's hard to nail down if they even have a solidified sense of Self sometimes. And, schizophrenia doesn't necessarily preclude *also* being trans. Not being a qualified assessor, and only having read and seen their videos, I really couldn't say one way or the other. But really, is there any harm in respecting someone's professed identity even if it doesn't turn out to be particularly stable?

Thanks for answering. I find it very interesting to speculate if Chris Chan is trans or not. I've googled it, but I only got results for very trolling sites. I'm kind of scared to ask in transgender forums because they'll probably think I'm a troll. I think Chris Chan needs serious help. A lot of what they say is very incoherent.

Interestingly I used to speak incoherently when I was a kid. I just said things because I felt like it or liked the sound of it. Even if I didn't know the meaning of it.

I don't remember when I became aware that I sometimes said things that didn't make sense. I knew by the time I was ten. When I was trying to write songs when I was ten I kept thinking of gibberish lyrics. It really frustrated me.

Wolfprince
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

The general etiquette for interacting with trans people is that if they say they're trans, assume they are trans. It is impossible for anyone other than the person in question to know who they are better than the person themself. Simply put, you can't get inside someone else's head, and you essentially have no right to decide if somebody is trans or not for them.

While I personally know little about this person, I think that they should be respected as a trans person if they say they are a trans person.