Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

gimp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2007, 11:05 am

Someone must have brought this up before in the voluminous selections out there but I haven't seen it yet. What about Twin Peaks the series? strange as it was I felt like I fit right in.

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2007, 12:57 pm

I adore David Lynch's work.His aesthetic language truly does make "AS sense",I think.

*sort of ot,but take a look at David Byrne's movie "True Stories":he's identitifed himself as borderline AS,and I felt that movie had a similar sensibility to "Twin Peaks"(unique personalities in a heightened small-town America setting)

MDH1875
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2007, 11:09 pm

It's actually funny but I was watching the Eraserhead DVD and David Lynch is discussing shooting the film with one of his collaborators (who also plays the Log Lady in Twin Peaks, I believe) and she made mention that while shooting the film (which took place over a span of years, off and on) he always had the same thing for lunch and I remember thinking is he an Aspie?

It seems to be one of my traits as well, at least when I go to work. At home, I have a little more variety, but anyone who's consistently seen me in the lunch room at work will attest that I always bring the same thing to eat.

Also, I would say that Sissy Spacek's character in The Straight Story is very likely an Aspie.

And I love Twin Peaks as well. I'm currently going through the second season DVD box set that was (finally!) released last week.

And I'd say Agent Cooper has some aspie traits as well.

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2007, 4:35 pm

Damn I love Twin Peaks

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:47 am

Is it on dvd. if so where can you find it?
I'm going out right now and rent blue velvet. I hear it soooo frigin crippy :twisted:

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 10:20 pm

Twin Peaks was great. One of the few shows I miss (add The Prisoner, and B5).

I may have to get the DVDs.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

aspiebegood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2007, 1:09 am

I was more fanatical about Twin Peaks than any other tv show. My friends and I would get donuts and coffee and get together every week to watch when the show actually ran. It almost felt to me like we were part of the Twin Peaks community. I still think of that show from time to time, especially when any of the awesome cast appears on other shows.

Boy was I mad when they cancelled the show!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 1:00 am

My gang of misfit friends had a twin peaks party for the final episode where we all dressed like our favorite characters...I was Audrey Horn (musta been 15 at the time)
I sure wish I could find the group photo of that one..
I LOVED twin Peaks..still do...

aspiebegood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2007, 12:56 am

Audrey Horn was awesome!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 10:12 am

oh gee and the girl who played Laura's corpse was a girl in a wheelchair named Kori...and ummm the guy who hosted the party was Nadine (with the eye patch)...there was a girl who was Dr. Jacobi and i forget who was the log lady....A guy from my high school who was some sorta journalistic star was Dale Cooper...

man that photo was great there was a really broad representation of the cast...the party was great, though I think i was so worked up during the finale that they threatened to make me leave the room...