What things make you angry/upset but doesn't upset/anger ot

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RinpocheMacGuffin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2016, 5:37 am

When a person, despite forensic detailed instruction, can't make a mug of tea properly. In the past, I have smashed up all the mugs & gone an sat in the garden alone because of this. Not so much these days but it's still really annoying :D

spinelli
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2016, 8:12 am

I don't even know how to make a proper cup of tea.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 8:43 am

^I do! :)

Sensory overload always upsets me, but no one else seems to notice whatever is causing my overload.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 8:48 am

Making a proper cup of tea is an art form and should be treated with the utmost respect :P

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 8:50 am

^ 8O Really? I make tea every day and I don't even think about it! :o

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 8:54 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^ 8O Really? I make tea every day and I don't even think about it! :o

You obviously raised this art form to perfection!

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2016, 9:12 am

I get terrified when motorcycles drive by. My family thinks it's annoying but I have to cover my ears and I pretty much cried in my room afterwards.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 9:15 am

I nearly scream aloud when noisy cars/vans/trucks/motorcycles drive by.

Kafka on the Shore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2016, 10:39 am

Generally, the things that tick me off and other people fail to notice change according to my ability to deal with them - either coming to change my perception of the issue, or blocking its ability to affect me.

Right now, I'm really struggling with the vibrations I feel from sources of all kinds. For instance, when reading, I can feel people walking around the house, cars driving by, pigeons on the roof, people opening and closing doors - the latter I have brought up on countless occasions, but people seem incapable of closing doors and cupboards quietly or gently for that matter.

I deal with my hypersensitive hearing with ear plugs under headphones playing white noise or environmental sounds, but this only serves to increase my somatic senses - the title of a Heller novel comes to mind.

People always talk about how they 'lose their train of thought', with me, it's not the singular; my mind is greater comparable to Waterloo Station - with multiple trains coming and going at all times. It's as if I'm standing on a platform, alone, watching this chaos going on, picking out what I can from the residual matter left behind.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 7:33 pm

I can't stand it when people try to fit me into a little box of absolutes, all rigid and stuck, because then I feel trapped and repressed and I need to be creative so much but when people try to stop me, it hurts so much. I'm in a huge mess over school because of all that. What to do? There's only about a month left, but I feel so worn out and overwhelmed and I keep having emotional breakdowns/meltdowns. I know that if I try to continue on the path I'm on and ignore my problems as if everything's fine, I'm just crash one day soon and not get up.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 7:56 pm

Stereotypes.

Clichés.

A lazy mind.

Wilful stupidity or ignorance.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 11:59 am

Gender stereotypes and expectations.

Generational stereotypes and expectations.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 5:20 pm

It irritates me when people are always talking behind someones back. I think if they have an issue with someone they should just let that person know so that they can at least try to resolve the problem if there is one. I think it's even worse when they are complaining about someone who never even did anything to them.

When people judge others when that they barely know and act like their assumptions are facts.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 7:03 pm

Today in school I had this teacher who likes to engage the class a lot and overall I think he's a good teacher but today he had the class do some rather noisy activities. I spent a significant portion of that class period with my hands over my hears humming, but my classmates were having fun. That's one of the ultimate examples of something that annoys me but not everyone else.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 7:37 pm

infilove wrote:
Are there any kind of dituations or things that just totally set you off but YET the exact same things don't upset other people- infact it doesn't even phase them? If so what are some things? For me, it's little kids crying. Or deaden roads near other roads that don't need to have a deadend.
For me, it's blatant bigotry that: (1) gets denied as bigotry by the very people who expressed it, and (2) people in authority who dismissed and ignore blatant bigotry when they should be doing something about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:10 pm

Interruptions and deconstruction, generally, with no hidden motive, whatsoever.

I don't mind a difference in perspective, or to accommodate someone for a useful reason.

But, they're usually playing red light, green light. It's for control.