Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

nocalpoet92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2015, 12:30 am

Hi all, I'm Kael and am originally from Southern California, but am attending a university in Northern California. I have been told I have Asperger's Syndrome by a paraprofessional in high school, but when I went through a recent psychological evaluation I was told I do not have all of the traits to qualify for a diagnosis, though I do have other issues relating to autism and Frontal Lobe Syndrome as sustained from being born 3 months premature. I am majoring in English Studies and minoring in Creative Writing at my university, though I enjoy writing more than literature and language/communication theory, and I already possess an Associate in Arts in Journalism from community college. I also enjoy hiking, reading, theatre arts, amateur radio (a new hobby), etc. I stumbled upon this forum as I was looking over some resources that my therapist referred me to for autism (as well as depression which is also undiagnosed), and am glad to see that I am not the only one out there with issues such as these. I look forward to being part of this site and to gain support from like-minded individuals as I navigate the hills and valleys of life. Thank you, and enjoy your evening! :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:49 am

(first!)

welcome kael to the club 8) from another southern californian in college currently.

kael is an interesting name..origins?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nocalpoet92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2015, 2:07 am

Hi! My name is of Irish origin, meaning "slender" or "ancient warrior", though I'm not Irish at all. I'm 1/4 each Polish, French, Lebanese, and German. I was named after the villain General Kael in the 80s movie Willow starring Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis, thanks to my mother haha.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:22 am

interesting...
my first name comes from my paternal uncles name, and my middle name from my maternal uncle's name.

so on both sides i'm referred to as a diminutive version of that uncle's name. only a bit extremely annoying.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm

Hey Kael welcome. :sunny:

nocalpoet92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
interesting...
my first name comes from my paternal uncles name, and my middle name from my maternal uncle's name.

so on both sides i'm referred to as a diminutive version of that uncle's name. only a bit extremely annoying.

Haha!

nocalpoet92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2015, 7:54 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey Kael welcome. :sunny:

Hey, thanks. :D

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm

Greetings and welcome

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm

hi, kael. welcome. if you have free time, you might consider writing for autistic self-advocacy network's communication team. ASAN is on the web at www.autisticadvocacy.org . it takes 3-5 hours each week.