Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:23 pm

Anyone take it? How much? Does it help and how so?

I was prescribed it along with an SSRI which I know I don't react well to deal with 'depression.' (I put that in quotes because it's not much of a useful diagnosis for me as it misses A LOT.) So I started just taking Abilify by itself. I thought it helped me quite a bit but in a bout of weakness and psychiatrists telling me 'but it only works in conjunction with other antidepressant medication', I started Cymbalta. I'm currently however done with cymbalta (it didn't seem to help much, but it made me dizzy and caused poo problems). I'm on just abilify, I think 1mg. I wonder if it's just a placebo that it helps my mood swings and ability to function?

Poor motivation

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 6:26 pm

Don't be just adding and dropping drugs without the direction of a psychiatrist. You could do yourself some serious harm.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 8:32 am

Thank you Mom.

Poor motivation

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:13 am

cavernio wrote:
Thank you Mom.
LOL. You could do worse than have a mom who nags you to take care of yourself.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

My daughter takes that, at first it made her a bit too happy, I worried for that, then it stabilized and now it doesn't do much, I don't like the idea of giving a bigger dose, while in the same time all other services seems not to work out for her; help with finding work or study, or now even the heathcare coverage has been cut off, again!! Now seeing the psych and paying the meds, very expensive, seem impossible. A foreseeable lack of income of three months in the new year so I do not even know what to do next.
A one hour drive and back, to the service and the consultations getting shorter every time, 10 minutes the last time.
And on top of that harassements from the ex for having started seeking help for/with her. Oh well, I'm getting off topic.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2015, 3:23 am

I took the lowest dose they had & it made me shaky, caused some stuttering & slurring, & my mouth was really dry. I think it made it harder for me to focus too but I'm not sure about that. I took it for a psychotic depression along with an antidepressant & lithium. I'm not sure if Abilify helped or not but I kept going back to it after trying other antipsychotics.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 3:43 am

Don't take drugs unless you consult with a doctor and a pharmacist. It's better to be safe than sorry.

You might have a paradoxical reaction, have no reaction, an overreaction, etc. to the medication.