Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:03 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:
Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself.

Why did you wanted to have revenge on that singer?

hvtitan08 wrote:
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

So you basically went out of your way to make sure you stop your crossdressing routine?

-Thomas Jefferson

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2015, 10:20 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
hvtitan08 wrote:
Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself.

Why did you wanted to have revenge on that singer?

When I saw Tiffany's pics, I was shocked. It was mostly for retaliation. She was my favorite singer. From the time she was singing "I Think We're Alone Now[i]"[/i] up until I saw her Playboy pics, she was the most favorite singer I liked since I saw the music Video on VH1's Pop-up Video.

hvtitan08 wrote:
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

So you basically went out of your way to make sure you stop your crossdressing routine?

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 1:18 am

The_Blonde_Alien]
I was also thinking about coplaying Hastune Miku, here's a picture of her:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.[/quote]

[quote="Misery wrote:
That's not a bad idea, aside from the Wig of Doom there.

A "wig of doom" you say? That sounds really funny! :lol: Are they really that heavy? Or are they somewhat difficult to handle? :scratch:

-Thomas Jefferson

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 2:03 am

Totally not cross dressing, but for NYE I wore a "glitter beard" & again for NYD night's party - and also covered my upper body in glitter lol. So much fun at the parties I went to. NYD night I made a point of saying to one of my friends from the beach that even just doing the glitter beard thing I totally understand more and more the fun that him and his friends have dressing up in drag and doing drag shows. (he's a bearded drag queen known as Katy Hairy.) Heh, just thought I'd share.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 3:49 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Totally not cross dressing, but for NYE I wore a "glitter beard" & again for NYD night's party - and also covered my upper body in glitter lol. So much fun at the parties I went to. NYD night I made a point of saying to one of my friends from the beach that even just doing the glitter beard thing I totally understand more and more the fun that him and his friends have dressing up in drag and doing drag shows. (he's a bearded drag queen known as Katy Hairy.) Heh, just thought I'd share.

If I had a dollar for every amazingly wonderful pun drag kings and queens come up with...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 8:43 am

The only female clothing item which would be comfortable to me (and then, only when it's warm), is a skirt. Even with a skirt, I would feel funny. I would have to take care not to show my "jewels" within such venues as the Subway.

I don't envy women one bit! I'm glad they were smart enough to start wearing sneakers during the 1980 Transit Strike in NYC.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 9:33 am

Sneakers are the way to go for me. I would rather not wear anything on my feet, come to think of it.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 3:37 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien]
I was also thinking about coplaying Hastune Miku, here's a picture of her:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.[/quote]

[quote="Misery wrote:
That's not a bad idea, aside from the Wig of Doom there.

A "wig of doom" you say? That sounds really funny! :lol: Are they really that heavy? Or are they somewhat difficult to handle? :scratch:

Something that enormous can have.... issues.

Alot of it is the length that does it. If you like getting caught on stupid things like chairs or elevator doors, then a super looooooooong wig or costume piece is just what you want!

Hell, like those red.... things.... that are on Noel's arms (I showed her earlier in the thread). They're very long, and they hang down pretty much to the floor. When I'm in that outfit, I learned to actually grab them halfway down and just hold onto them like that the whole time. Otherwise they'll catch on everything, trip people, or get stuck on stuff.

With a wig though, you also have to worry about taking care of it. Seriously, the things can be SUCH a pain in the butt; I dont like dealing with them. The bigger/longer it is, the more you have to do for upkeep, and the more things there are that can go wrong.

This is why I tend to want to do characters with hair that is either the same color as mine, or at the very least just blonde (close enough). It's *the* reason why I havent done Misery yet. Makes a character like Blanc that much more appealing to me in some ways.

Umface
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2016, 5:26 pm

I had two girlfriends as a kid and they would dress me up sometimes. They bossed me around like crazy. Never tried it on my own though. As an adult I wouldn't mind it but it would be just for fun and not to achieve any kind of self-fulfillment.
Does anyone know if crossplay (cross dressing and cosplay) is a big thing btw?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 1:13 am

Umface wrote:
I had two girlfriends as a kid and they would dress me up sometimes. They bossed me around like crazy. Never tried it on my own though. As an adult I wouldn't mind it but it would be just for fun and not to achieve any kind of self-fulfillment.

Not really a "big thing", as most cosplayers dont do it, but typically, all cosplayers know what it is and will probably have seen it in action.

I'm not counting "joke" crossplay when I'm talking about this though. You know, the sort that'll do a crossplay with the intent of looking as terrible as possible (yes, there are those that do this) to get a few laughs.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2016, 6:29 am

Misery wrote:
Umface wrote:

Not really a "big thing", as most cosplayers dont do it, but typically, all cosplayers know what it is and will probably have seen it in action.

I'm not counting "joke" crossplay when I'm talking about this though. You know, the sort that'll do a crossplay with the intent of looking as terrible as possible (yes, there are those that do this) to get a few laughs.

In my area, I think they call that "camp drag"...

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm

Rockymntchris wrote:
Misery wrote:
Umface wrote:

In my area, I think they call that "camp drag"...

What a wonderfully *happy* group of people - look at those smiles! Makes me want to go find a horn-hat, or whatever they're wearing. :)

Oh, and learn to be social with groups. :|

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 6:41 pm

Here are some pictures of me crossdressing again, only this time I'm actually wearuing a wig!! ! :mrgreen: :heart: :heart: :heart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2oos5amsykyq ... o.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s2jivjjv3d1v ... o.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27n79oxu8i3e6 ... o.jpg?dl=0

*Note to Misery*

Actually I felt slightly negative about the wig, more or less in the same fashion as you usually are. It's just that... My eyebrows...THAT BEARD...! !! They stick out like a sore thump! :eew: But regardless I've learned to get used to it. And I feel as beautiful as ever!! ! :mrgreen: :heart:

Also, that black wig I ordered from ebay should help make me feel like myself. :wink: :heart:

-Thomas Jefferson

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 8:53 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Here are some pictures of me crossdressing again, only this time I'm actually wearuing a wig!! ! :mrgreen: :heart: :heart: :heart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2oos5amsykyq ... o.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s2jivjjv3d1v ... o.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27n79oxu8i3e6 ... o.jpg?dl=0

*Note to Misery*

Actually I felt slightly negative about the wig, more or less in the same fashion as you usually are. It's just that... My eyebrows...THAT BEARD...! ! ! They stick out like a sore thump! :eew: But regardless I've learned to get used to it. And I feel as beautiful as ever!! ! :mrgreen: :heart:

Also, that black wig I ordered from ebay should help make me feel like myself. :wink: :heart:

Wigs like that one are one of the reasons why I just let my hair grow out like it is. Sooooooo much less irritating and it contributes to the androgynous look.

Though, for the purposes of cosplay, it isnt very useful. The one character I could probably do maybe using just my normal hair is her: http://i.imgur.com/qCrGNy0.jpg

Anyone else requires a wig because everyone else has wacky hair colors. It doesnt help that I tend to feel ridiculous if I try wearing one.

As for beards, well.... that's what a razor is for :D Sometimes I also use a small bit of makeup to cover up what the godforsaken electric razor misses if it is bugging me. I do tend to shave really obsessively though. I'd rather just kill off the stupid facial hair though, would do that if I had the option. Would save ALOT of time.

Eyebrows I never even notice.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2016, 3:40 pm

I spoke to a CD dude last nite who went through laser hair removal. His face looked really good although it's not cheap.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm

Misery wrote:
Though, for the purposes of cosplay, it isnt very useful. The one character I could probably do maybe using just my normal hair is her: http://i.imgur.com/qCrGNy0.jpg

Anyone else requires a wig because everyone else has wacky hair colors. It doesnt help that I tend to feel ridiculous if I try wearing one.

Actually I think I can cosplay her with my natural black hair:

Not to mention I do that same pose she's doing A LOT!! ! (even in public as my disgusting male self! :evil: )

What do you think? :D :heart:

Misery wrote:
Eyebrows I never even notice.

Thank you very much! :mrgreen: :heart: Althogh I think my hair made them really hard to notice though. :oops: Oh here I go again acting like you. :roll: no offense by the way. :wink:

-Thomas Jefferson