Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 12:41 pm

I wish I never fell for it last year.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

I can't see the point of facebook at all. I tried it for a month but thought the whole idea was silly. I do use wordpress though, becuase it can oriented around an interest which I think has more purpose that means something to me.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 4:45 pm

Don't care for it. It all feels so incredibly shallow and superficial; a pale imitation of actual social interaction. Plus, it's kind of creepy.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 3:01 pm

It's necessary for promoting events at my work, or my friends' artwork. On top of that, some family have forgotten how to pick up a phone or visit. So if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have a Facebook or a Twitter account at all. I don't allow friends to add me on Facebook. I feel they should make the effort to contact me over the phone or in person like I do.

claycarter
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2016, 7:54 am

It is interesting to know that I've seen lots of NTs complaining about social media - Facebook, to be more specific - and how they keep thinking what will other people think about their posts and photos, and how they get anxious over it etc.

It is even more interesting that when I tell people I'm not on Facebook, they'll look at me as if I'd just told them that I believe the Earth is flat.

I personally tend to think that social media are more about vanity and attention-seeking behaviour that genuinely exchanging opinions with friends and family.

rude1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

I hate Facebook but not as much as I hate Twitter. Myspace was cool when it was around because you could decorate your page and the like.

FizzyOrange
Raven
Raven

01 Feb 2016, 3:41 am

Hate it. Waste of time.

selflessness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2016, 9:41 am

I think it's really interesting how so many people get addicted to social media. Communication is becoming ever more indirect to the point that people are afraid to make regular phone calls because they realize texts are easier and less stressful. I consider it normal that people on the spectrum use the internet to facilitate/enable communication; after all they often struggle in real life social situations. But the fact that so many NT people (and with rising numbers) are catching on to this is something very peculiar. Is our society becoming more autistic? Would this be a good or a bad thing? I'm really unsure about all of this.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 2:33 am

Tired, no, sick and tired of Facebook. It is indeed an NT look at me, look at what I have type of place. Every once in a while someone will complain about politicians and their lies, yet when you mention some other group who is doing the same, they don't like it if they approve of the group. You know, they hate that X is charging outrageous amounts in salary, yet when it's someone they know is doing exactly the same and you point it out, although NOT even with names, etc., then it's no big deal. I can't deal with the hypocrisy of people there anymore. 95% are BS friends who aren't really your friends...they claim to be in person, but once there, they don't even bother saying hi every once in a while. Honestly, everyday I am more and more sickened by society as a whole and social media has just made it that much worse. I thought that people were actually more honest, less look at me, blah, blah, blah but the more I get to know people through social media, the less I think of them.