Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

BlueLaughter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2016, 8:40 am

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread who read the article and took time to respond. I was forwarded the egregious article, and it just set me off emotionally. Ironically that article mentioned this thread, which was how I found this store of information to combat that slanted piece. It felt frustrating knowing how hard many people with Aspergers work just to understand people.

Overall, I agree with the general sentiments expressed here:
The poster is probably a narcissist expressing their victimhood, striking back at a person who didn't continue to give them the attention 'they deserved'. Trying to explain Asperger's to them is useless, because they don't want to understand; it doesn't fit their narrative of grandeur. I sort of do feel bad for them, because they will continue repeating their relationship mistakes because it's unlikely they understand themselves.

Lack of empathy is frequently confused with lack of understanding. The mindless grouping of all Aspergers people seems galling, and just unintelligent, like a Trumpesque simplification of serious issues. It took me many years to understand some basic things about people. Being called incapable simply because it took me way more effort seems insulting to my efforts. But after reading these responses, it's easier just to let it go, as not everyone chooses to try to understand everyone else. It seems like a small punishment in that the minority are expected to understand the majority view without the majority view even caring about the minority's issues except when it affects them.

It's hard not to be angry at ignorant people, especially those who choose to remain ignorant. Apparently, that's one view I may have in common with the author.

Also I agree that replying with hatemail is counterproductive; the author appears to be feeding off it.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 12:45 pm

Interesting...looks like the original article has been taken down from public viewing.

My guess would be she got tired of the negative attention. Her "heartless aspergers" site is still running though.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 1:37 pm

Wow... I took a look at this woman's "heartless Asperger's" website. It sounds like she has a major chip on her shoulder and is looking to blame everyone with Asperger's Syndrome for "lack of empathy."

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 3:16 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
Interesting...looks like the original article has been taken down from public viewing.

My guess would be she got tired of the negative attention. Her "heartless aspergers" site is still running though.

Nope, it's still there. I can still see it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 3:32 pm

Quote:
403 - Forbidden Error
You are not allowed to access this address.
If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.
If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.
In order files to be read by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
There are two Apache directives which can cause this error - 'Deny from' and 'Options -Indexes'.

What's going on? Why are some people still able to see it but not the rest of us?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 3:42 pm

I got an error message saying you are forbidden from seeing it. Based on the error message I immediatly suspected she is blocking the article from bieng hyperlinked from Wrong Planet. I went on to the main page of her site used thier search engine typed in "Aspergers" the article was the second one listed, clicked on it and the article popped right up.

It is also possible she is blocking all hyperlinks. The hyperlink given here is not the full length one but a shortened version. It is possible the short link became inoperable. Links becoming inoperable after a period of time is not uncommon.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm

d057 wrote:
Wow... I took a look at this woman's "heartless Asperger's" website. It sounds like she has a major chip on her shoulder and is looking to blame everyone with Asperger's Syndrome for "lack of empathy."

That's called "one butthurt b***h". Generally, when a person goes to that extreme against an entire group of people, it's indicative that she (in this case) is the one with the deep-seated psychiatric issues that are destroying her (in this case) life and the lives of others. However, when such vile serpents decide to pick on a minority group, they can always count on support from the Great Ignorant Mass.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 5:31 am

i was told i was forbiden from seeing this forum from my email.but i found it in the forum,weird

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 6:40 am

Ironic really that the woman driving that vengeful hate speech over there is urging her members to come here and use the report button maliciously to try to get the mods here to ban a genuine WP member, as revenge for her own banning from here for breaking WP rules in a very unpleasant fashion. Ignore that site, please don't post any of its links here, they are vile stuff and could trigger some members, causing unnecessary emotional and psychological pain and upset. (Which is what the haters want to inflict, of course). We don't want their drivel here, (though I know the links were posted in good faith for demonstration purposes).

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

B19 wrote:
Ironic really that the woman driving that vengeful hate speech over there is urging her members to come here and use the report button maliciously to try to get the mods here to ban a genuine WP member, as revenge for her own banning from here for breaking WP rules in a very unpleasant fashion.

Wait, so she has posted on WP? Where? I'm curious to see what she said here.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
B19 wrote:
Ironic really that the woman driving that vengeful hate speech over there is urging her members to come here and use the report button maliciously to try to get the mods here to ban a genuine WP member, as revenge for her own banning from here for breaking WP rules in a very unpleasant fashion.

Wait, so she has posted on WP? Where? I'm curious to see what she said here.

B19 is talking about the Delphi Forums site ASPartners, not the blogger that I posted about in the OP. She posted in this thread earlier today, bumping this thread up. The post was deleted.