Islamophobia From a Government Employee

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 9:57 am

Article: Government Employee Attacks Muslims

Denise Slader was caught on video insulting and then attacking a group of Muslims who were praying in a park near San Francisco. Slader shouted at the men "Your God is Satan!", "Allah is Satan!", "The Quaran is Evil!", and she called them murderers. The three men were finishing their prayers when the woman confronted them.

Okay, so I'm not Islam's biggest fan; but Ms. Slader's behavior was simply wrong. Three men peacefully praying were accosted, harassed, and assaulted simply because they happened to be praying to Allah. She and they would have been better off if she had just minded her own business and walked away. They weren't harming anyone, and her attack was unprovoked.

I hope the the District Attorney charges her with a Hate Crime, and she receives the full appropriate penalty under the law.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

Not a crime, but she should get fired.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 11:28 am

AspE wrote:
Denise Slader hit one of then with an umbrella and threw her cup of coffee in his face.

That's called "Assault and Battery", which is a crime.

I agree; she should lose her job, imho.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 11:54 am

if a Muslim man did the same thing to Christian women praying he would be immediately arrested and also called a terrorist. this woman is a terrorist, not just part of an "unfortunate" situation.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

seaweed wrote:
if a Muslim man did the same thing to Christian women praying he would be immediately arrested and also called a terrorist. this woman is a terrorist, not just part of an "unfortunate" situation.

I don't think this is true. Just as (to the dismay of many Isalmophobes) the authorities did not immediately characterize the San Bernardino as a "terrorist" attack, so an act of religious intolerance by a lone nutter would not necessarily be characterized as "terrorism."

If this woman turns out to be part of the Army of God or some other "Christian Identity" group, then it will be seen as a kind of very low level terror. But then she would probably have been using 9mm or .380 ACP projectiles rather than coffee and umbrellas and the whole thing would be more dramatic.

On the other hand, this woman may be a very incompetent, ineffectual lone wolf terrorist who "self radicalized," perhaps spending many hours online listening to extremists like Donald Trump and Alex Jones until she was ready for a direct attack...

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2015, 5:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
AspE wrote:
Denise Slader hit one of then with an umbrella and threw her cup of coffee in his face.

That's called "Assault and Battery", which is a crime.

I agree; she should lose her job, imho.

I'd even say she was violating their first amendment rights preventing their free exercise of their religion, since they weren't bothering anyone else at that park, just praying. What she did was assault and battery as well, and I think she should lose her job.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 6:33 pm

She needs to be fired. Enough said. :evil:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

AspE wrote:

The state can't fire someone without cause.

If she didn't commit a crime, then there is no cause.

Even then there are probably layers of union protections that the state must abide by.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 10:43 pm

We've had people here in Australia who were sacked from their jobs for promoting hate speech. In a networked community social media is evidence enough as invariably this will reach the woman's work mates...

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
We've had people here in Australia who were sacked from their jobs for promoting hate speech. In a networked community social media is evidence enough as invariably this will reach the woman's work mates...

In the US we protect hate speech. We value our freedom of speech over hurt feelings.

The woman's workmates probably don't give a hoot about Muslims.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 3:35 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
In the US we protect hate speech. We value our freedom of speech over hurt feelings.

Did you even read the article? I'm pretty sure throwing coffee in someone's face and beating them with an umbrella isn't protected by the first amendment, honey.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 4:14 am

Barchan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Did you even read the article? I'm pretty sure throwing coffee in someone's face and beating them with an umbrella isn't protected by the first amendment, honey.

The article stated the district attorney is deciding whether to prosecute or not.

If not, then there is no crime.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 1:26 am

I think this woman is in need of psychiatric help.