Post Pictures of Rainbows, Pegasi/Unicorns, Kitties, Flowers

Page 67 of 82 [ 1304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 6:21 pm

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 8:41 pm

In Japan they have vending machines that dispense decorative headwear for cats. Just so you know.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 8:04 pm

Not my picture, but I saw two hiding in the grass today.

There Are Four Lights!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:38 am

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 2:56 pm

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2018, 9:17 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 10:32 am

I hope this posts at a size sufficient to show the detail. Bastet and her cat have identical eyes, and the detail of the pillar and wall behind her is remarkable, as is the artist's use of light. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it stopped me in my tracks this morning and has been added to my collection of desktop background art. [Edit in: and yes, her kitty's claws are golden. At larger magnification, her scarab ring seems to be jade rather than lapis, but it might be malachite, I'll have to take another look. Just amazing detail - look at the contours of the cat's face, and its nose leather. Amazing.]

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 12:13 pm

^Wow. Just...wow. :o 8) :heart: :cat:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 5:59 pm

^^ Couldn't agree more.

Found the artist and her actual site (the image I saw first was on Pinterest, but the link syntax showed the info).

Bastet, by Mari-Na, on DeviantArt. I could embed the link but for some reason I want to display it entire.

https://www.deviantart.com/mari-na/art/Bastet-205224250

(edit in: her use of light keeps making me think of Georges de la Tour.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm

There Are Four Lights!

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 9:09 am

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 3:24 pm

Ok. ^^That, just above, is freaking *holy*

I am *NOT* being snide, I've never meant anything more sincerely in my life.

(Crying, but they're tears of awe.)

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 6:52 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 7:40 pm

That too is holy. Thank you :-)

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 7:58 pm

^ :D I think that is a da Vinci drawing.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 1:20 pm

It's beautiful.

This is definitely NOT a drawing by William Blake :-) but I think he would approve...