What is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to you..

Page 6 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2017, 3:44 am

I think when I was threatened to be fired for liking some employees over others. That was enough to show me my job was only for the money.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:19 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
"I don't believe a word you say..... you are only looking to further your own agenda and have no interest in the truth." Words recently said to me by a judge when I tried unsuccessfully to fight an unjust traffic ticket. Like most Aspies I bend over backwards to be both honest and fair and this comment made me furious, especially since I showed objective proof the cop was not a reliable witness.

The prosecutor was also nothing short of a bully but at least I expected a character assassination from him.

Ouch GiantHockeyFan. I feel for you. I'm the same way - it really really stings when people refuse to believe what I have to say and/or accuse me of something that I didn't do. I'm in enough trouble already for being honest when I do something wrong even when I could have gotten away with it otherwise. It's a real thorn to then be punished for something you are NOT at fault for. I'm sorry the judge was like that.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:55 am

Keladry wrote:
Ouch GiantHockeyFan. I feel for you. I'm the same way - it really really stings when people refuse to believe what I have to say and/or accuse me of something that I didn't do. I'm in enough trouble already for being honest when I do something wrong even when I could have gotten away with it otherwise. It's a real thorn to then be punished for something you are NOT at fault for. I'm sorry the judge was like that.

What's worse is that I have another court date in February to answer to another ticket from the same cop on the same day at the same intersection. I have even less evidence for fighting this one. I don't know whether to just be an a-hole and say "I know this is a kangaroo court and you are going to side with (veteran cop) but for the record I am innocent" or point out politely how ridiculous it is after 17 years of perfect driving to be stupid enough to run a stop sign when I knew the cop was there and already had one unfair ticket. I googled this cop and sure enough he has a few complaints for excessive force arrests.

I turned down a plea deal because I couldn't plead guilty to something I didn't do. Apparently it doesn't matter in Kangaroo court: the cops word is considered true even with zero evidence. :roll: Granted I know it's just a $360 fine so it's not like I am facing prison time but it's the principle of the matter. Brings back horrible memories of being in school, having the school sociopath beat me, I push him off and get in trouble for 'bullying' the poor short kid.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

I remember looking at my progress report from kindergarten. The grades were divided into always, usually, beginning and not yet. I got mostly grades of beginning and not yet, only one usually and no areas were evaluated as always. Every single one of those areas were things that should be reasonably expected of anyone before they begin school. I felt so stupid when I read that report.

The sad thing is I sometimes feel like that even now. If I look at my progress, the best I can say is that I am beginning to do certain things. Oh, well, as Denis Istomin says, "I'm here now."

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:01 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Keladry wrote:

What's worse is that I have another court date in February to answer to another ticket from the same cop on the same day at the same intersection. I have even less evidence for fighting this one. I don't know whether to just be an a-hole and say "I know this is a kangaroo court and you are going to side with (veteran cop) but for the record I am innocent" or point out politely how ridiculous it is after 17 years of perfect driving to be stupid enough to run a stop sign when I knew the cop was there and already had one unfair ticket. I googled this cop and sure enough he has a few complaints for excessive force arrests.

I turned down a plea deal because I couldn't plead guilty to something I didn't do. Apparently it doesn't matter in Kangaroo court: the cops word is considered true even with zero evidence. :roll: Granted I know it's just a $360 fine so it's not like I am facing prison time but it's the principle of the matter. Brings back horrible memories of being in school, having the school sociopath beat me, I push him off and get in trouble for 'bullying' the poor short kid.

I wish you luck on the second court date! Hopefully you will have a different judge at least!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:55 pm

"you're not autistic", a former swim coach had the nerve to tell me. Told him I have a diagnosis. He accepted it.

"You don't look autistic", a former aikido instructor told me.

"Autism" means selfish. My (now dead) precious lil "mom" had the nerve to tell me.