Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Eclair
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 8:21 pm

Can you do jobs around the house for pocket money?

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 10:51 pm

No, mum has no money to give me. She's poor.

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2007, 12:27 am

~sigh~ to be a teenager again :D

Don't worry, it will happen. Don't rush growing up yet. One day you'll wish you could go back.
Then again people told me that when I was young and I didn't believe them.

Is there a fast food place near by or could you volunteer at a clinic or an old folks home maybe? Maybe you can work something out with your folks and they can buy you some art supplies if you do so many hours of volunteer work. This will prove that you are mature enough to handle a job.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 1:41 am

I wouldn't be able to cope working at a fast food shop, it'd make me sick.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 1:43 am

Nellie wrote:
Don't worry, it will happen. Don't rush growing up yet. One day you'll wish you could go back.
Then again people told me that when I was young and I didn't believe them.

Yeah, right. It's one thing that I can hold onto - my misery now is less painful than it was then. At least I know that I'm closer to dying now.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 12:22 pm

use this for a bit of leverage:
I have had a job for 2 years. I have had a great learning experiance, overcome some obsticals. Its been tough at times but have her talk to my mom (her name is hockeymom on WP). I have had this job since i was 15 and now i am 17! it has helped me grow to be more mature and help me develop my social skills. as for the money issue, tell her you will put so much in the bank for every pay period. For me its $100 a week (i make over $150 a week tho). anyways its a great way to grow and mature and learn life lessons

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2007, 12:24 pm

also i started my career with a non-profit animal adoption agency and it gave me the skills and it helped. Do something with a low risk first, then i would recommend going into the grocery or hobby shops businesses

Space
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 3:57 pm

RedMage wrote:
I'm not mature though, and I never will be. And there's no job I want in particular.

Maturity is required for holding down a job.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 4:54 pm

I don't think anyone would want me working for them, due to my short temper.

Return2Hanger
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2007, 10:44 am

Anubis wrote:
The question is, are you sure you want a job yet? Sure, it's money, but there's not many job opportunities at 15-16. I'm gonna wait till I'm 18 to get a job.

you sure about waiting? I got my first job at 16 and just the fact that I had steady employment and a good reference (b/c I worked hard) made it that much easier to get another job. I have been on the hiring side of things, and if I had to choose between an 18yr old that had experience working with a good reference, and one that had no experience, who would you choose? Please think about that. 8)

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 8:34 am

RedMage wrote:
I'm not mature though, and I never will be. And there's no job I want in particular.

But wait a minute... if you are looking for a job, you already are maturing. Did you know that looking for job IS maturing?

You have to look at this side of the picture. You need drawing to become a graphic designer. Many famous programmer, hacker, and designer practiced since they are young. If our parents doesn't get this point, we are destroying our society.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 8:08 pm

RedMage wrote:

yeah, getting out around NTs will surely give you a lot of practice learning how to temper your temper. You won't be able to get away with it out there and you can learn how to stuff it till you can get to some place where it is safe to blow off steam.

Merle

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 1:35 am

Bopkasen, I do practice drawing, but sometimes I can't. I don't even have paper right now, and mum won't some for me. The reason I want a job is so I can get these things.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 9:05 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
RedMage wrote:

yeah, getting out around NTs will surely give you a lot of practice learning how to temper your temper. You won't be able to get away with it out there and you can learn how to stuff it till you can get to some place where it is safe to blow off steam.

Merle

How can I find NTs though?