Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2015, 7:31 pm

I'll admit I think I'm a bit narcissistic always imagining myself above others but it's the only way to boost my confidence. I always go out with a fancy suit and tie, when I go to restaurants or whatnot I turn my head down for a second as a way of greeting others w/o speaking much..

I try to play the bad guy that has lots of money and sometimes I do offend others with what I say. But I always go back and be nice as if they should feel comfortable around me and I don't bite..

I'm not extremely arrogant like Donald Trump but sometimes I but in conversations and suggest "we" do this or that just like a leader would..
The other day I told a lady at Donkin it's too early to have soda randomly and she laughed. Sometimes people will just ignore me other times they're cool with it.

Disclaimer: I know it sucks talking about yourself and don't read this if it's too long, lol...

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 8:56 pm

Are you like this because you choose to be or because you can't help it and really believe you are above others? Or are you just trying to boost your confidence and you don't know any other way to do that?

Wreck It Ralph

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Thankfully no, I hate myself too much for that to be a possibility.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 8:59 pm

I can be a c**t sometimes as well.

Don't worry about it.

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2015, 10:38 pm

skibum wrote:
Are you like this because you choose to be or because you can't help it and really believe you are above others? Or are you just trying to boost your confidence and you don't know any other way to do that?

It's a little of both.

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Thankfully no, I hate myself too much for that to be a possibility.

And I'm here to hopefully help folks like you. I know it sounds like a contradictory but I'm also extremely nice and like to see others get better when they've been miserable for so long. Only 21, eh? You still have a long way ahead of you son.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 11:06 pm

No, but my Pa acts like one and it's miserable being around him when he's like that - whicb is a lot of the time.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 11:14 pm

BrainPower101 wrote:
I'll admit I think I'm a bit narcissistic always imagining myself above others but it's the only way to boost my confidence. I always go out with a fancy suit and tie, when I go to restaurants or whatnot I turn my head down for a second as a way of greeting others w/o speaking much..

I try to play the bad guy that has lots of money and sometimes I do offend others with what I say. But I always go back and be nice as if they should feel comfortable around me and I don't bite..

I'm not extremely arrogant like Donald Trump but sometimes I but in conversations and suggest "we" do this or that just like a leader would..
The other day I told a lady at Donkin it's too early to have soda randomly and she laughed. Sometimes people will just ignore me other times they're cool with it.

Disclaimer: I know it sucks talking about yourself and don't read this if it's too long, lol...

You sound more arrogant than narcissistic - there's a difference. With my dad, everything is all about him and he cares about noone else. What happens to him is always more worse than anyone else. When he was in rehab, he expected me to visit even though I was deathly ill with pneumonia. Needless to say he wasn't very happy when I said I was staying home. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

01 Jan 2016, 6:39 am

babybird wrote:
I can be a c**t sometimes as well.

Don't worry about it.

LOL, the c word. I can be a putz.

The incessant bragging of a narcissist drives me up wall. I am not good at the ego stroking to keep them calm.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

Lorraine495
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2016, 8:50 am

No. Having Aspergers and being lower functioning with regards to one's social abilities, you are forced to concentrate on your own interests in the absence of a social life. When placed in situations where I am interacting with others, I want to be able to have a mutually enjoyable and reciprocal conversation out of a sincere desire to interact and connect with the other person in a meaningful way; it's just that the other person and I have different communication styles, theirs being more socially experienced and informed due to a lifetime of successful interactions, and mine being less so due to my inability to successfully imitate the communicative style of neurotypicals. I actually care about people but show it better than say it. Narccissists care about no one but themselves. There is a difference between caring for one's self in the absence of opportunities to care with someone else due to a deficiency, and narcissistic self interest due to a lack of interest in other people. :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2016, 9:09 pm

I thought kind of like one at one point when I was suffering from a psychotic depression.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 10:49 pm

I'll admit I'm pretty selfish, I'm only nice to people in the off chance if i need something from them one day, but I like to think of myself as equal to others, I deserve as much as others, nothing more or less.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 3:57 am

I used to be a nice person, until recently. After the brouhaha in the political forums, and the bullsh!t I've been putting up with recently with my roommate, who's back to acting like a jackass by banning the IP addresses for my computer, phone AND tablet 24/7/365 from the router here at the house, as well as the other 2 guys that live here (the only reason I'm even able to post this is because I turned off wifi access on my phone and using 4g internet access to make this post from my phone. The other 2 guys here have either rooted or jail broke their phones to get past this jerk's actions), and he's back to stealing my groceries, especially everything I have in the fridge and freezer. I'm sure it's him now, since the one roommate stores all his dry and canned goods in his room, and has a wine cooler to keep whatever stuff he needs to keep cold (namely his probiotics). The other guy just moved in last week, and is seldom home, as he is a newly minted PA State Trooper, and being on probation, he's working 12-16 hour shifts. Besides, the jerk in the den was fired from his current job on Christmas Eve, after only working there for a week. Turns out he was stealing both food from the store deli, as well as money from the cash register. He taking it out on me again, since he wasn't able to contact me when his employer fired him (I as at a midnight service at one of the local churches, and had my phone on silence and do not disturb.)

Because of these events, I now keep my bedroom door locked at all times, even when I'm in my room. I'm no longer saying anything around here, as it will just come back to bite me in the ass. I've now set up friends and enemies lists in my control panel in WP, so those I pissed off for one reason or another here won't allow ne to reply to them, nor will I see their current missives. Unless I've known you for a while, I'll be extremely cold-hearted, and will not give you the time of day. Frankly, I'm sick of being taken for a sucker, since I'm such a nice guy. My therapist noticed that I've been regressing in my treatment, because of the bullsh!t.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 5:52 am

I think I behave in a narcissistic way, venting about my own problems and maybe seeming like I don't care about others feelings but I do. I just don't know what to say to most people. I don't think I am more important than anyone else, I guess I just get frustrated. I hope I am not narcissistic really but if you were really narcissistic, I doubt you would see yourself that way.

My confidence is low, I feel like I am nothing more than a social screw up. I isolate and am done making friends, I have one friend and he is the last person I am going to deal with. I just want to be left alone from now on.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2016, 3:52 pm

What do people mean by "narcissism"? By loving yourself or feeling superior? That is the opposite of how I am. I wonder if people have taken my "aloofness" for feelings of superiority. I probably acted a bit superior when talking about my special interests when I was a child but I hope I now have sufficient social skills not to do this now.

As an aside, there has been a recent study at the University if Georgia which seems to suggest that there is a great deal of narcissism in the Geek community

study

I feel that there are a lot of people with "invisible disabilities" in the Geek community but my experience has not been that they are narcissists- rather that many people suffer from low self esteem and confidence as I do.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jan 2016, 3:58 pm

dcj123 wrote:
I think I behave in a narcissistic way, venting about my own problems and maybe seeming like I don't care about others feelings but I do. I just don't know what to say to most people. I don't think I am more important than anyone else, I guess I just get frustrated. I hope I am not narcissistic really but if you were really narcissistic, I doubt you would see yourself that way.
I was like that when I was depressed & I was called a narcissist. I kept posting about my problems trying to sort stuff out but I came off as not taking advice.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition