Autism Disclosure at Work - Analyzing...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:38 am

Update for those who participated/are interested. I'll also put this on the wordpress when it's a little more concrete.

I will have to save a good deal of the data for later use because it ended up being way too much for one thesis and one journal article. This is what I will be writing about right now:

-I will be writing a general description of the participant pool. I will be describing your gender makeup, educational makeup, generalizations about your employment, and so on. I will not be discussing sexual orientation or gender identification because I didn't ask people about those things.

-I will discuss disclosure, with the subtypes formal and informal. I will select probably one representative from your responses to quote and refer to that person by a pseudonym. I will ask that person if I have quoted them accurately before I use the quote for publication.

-I will discuss formal accommodations and informal help. Both of these are autism-specific accommodations or help, which are different from, say, simple human kindnesses that most people do for one another. I will again select a representative to quote, yada yada as above.

-I will discuss an unexpected phenomenon where people are accommodated or helped without being asked, and sometimes without telling anyone they are autistic. Again, I will quote someone and so on.

I may discuss some measures such as education and age as they may interact with disclosure and accommodations, and I may contact the people who have already participated to ask a couple of specific questions. But I have to continue analysis before I will know if I need to ask more questions.

I can answer questions about this here, people can directly message me, or email me through the wordpress site. Thanks for everyone's help and interest!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 10:16 am

Sounds good to me.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 1:36 pm

i look forward to the results!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity