Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Jan 2016, 10:30 pm

You know, I've come to realize that I go to a lot of events and get a lot of things, that it's hard to save up money because of my limited means. I can't find a job, mostly due to circumstances beyond my control, but my mom and dad, nice as they are, opened an ancillary account for the money in the future, for a few years down the road when I'm ready to support myself in spite of my limited means. (I balked it at first, but then I realized I was being short-sighted in my thinking.)

Who else has a difficult time saving money? I'd love to hear advice and some thoughts on this matter.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 8:09 am

It's hard to save up money when you don't have a job.

It's hard even WITH a job.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 8:42 am

It's less hard if you're a loser with no life.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 10:01 am

Not that I am perfect with it, but I do have some advice in this regard.

1) Every month automatically save a fixed amount after you get your income. This way on of the first things you do with it is set a part of it away for saving purposes.

2) Do away with unnecessary expenses. Like for example channel any subscriptions with really you do not use/need. Also in your specific case which of those events do you really want to go to and which one can you skip?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 12:10 pm

It is easier if it never passes through your hands. If you are employed, you may be able to set up an automatic payroll deduction into a retirement account.