i am legitimately scared about trump becoming president

Page 37 of 39 [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:44 pm

/\If I landed on you,you'd feel it.Im not ashamed of who I voted for.The shame is in not voting.
Why would I need to talk to those people you mention?Sure there is SOME fraud,but most legitimately need support.
Not everyone who pays into the system thinks like you,that's why some donate to the poor,volunteer at soup kitchens,Habitat for Humanity instead of snarling at those who need help.
Check your litter box,I think it's full puddy cat.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:45 pm

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Here's an example for you:

My own brother uses (I say abuses) FMLA. All along I thought he had it so he could help me out with our Ma by getting days off when I couldn't get off work. NOT TRUE. He has FMLA for "Anxiety". Give me a f'n break. I'm the one with anxiety. Where's he right now? In the Bahamas. Where am I? I've been working all damn week on reading journal entries, making posts that take several hours, a freaking report that has to be written in APA format due on Sunday and a damn test on Monday over 13 chapters that I have barely even started studying for yet. I haven't left my condo the whole week and won't be until I have to go to work on Saturday. And I'm paying through the nose for this degree - I'm not getting it for free and I'm not going to be making any more money from having it. You wonder why I'm pissed off? And that's family abusing the privilege. I'd go on about my next door neighbor who is an alcoholic and also abusing the system, but I don't have the time right now. I have to return to my own anxiety-ridden life.

PS: I also donate.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:56 pm

Raptor wrote:

We don't get paper stamps anymore,we have one of them there new fangled cards. :D
This did cut down on fraud,the crooked store owners would let you purchase beer gas and cigs with the stamps.
A food stamp dollar was worth 50 cents.
Now here is an accurate picture.But I'll find the card in a bit since I have to go out and bring in wood.Good thing becuse the card is full tomorrow :P

Last edited by Misslizard on 04 Feb 2016, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

nurseangela wrote:

My own brother uses (I say abuses) FMLA. All along I thought he had it so he could help me out with our Ma by getting days off when I couldn't get off work. NOT TRUE. He has FMLA for "Anxiety". Give me a f'n break. I'm the one with anxiety. Where's he right now? In the Bahamas. Where am I? I've been working all damn week on reading journal entries, making posts that take several hours, a freaking report that has to be written in APA format due on Sunday and a damn test on Monday over 13 chapters that I have barely even started studying for yet. I haven't left my condo the whole week and won't be until I have to go to work on Saturday. And I'm paying through the nose for this degree - I'm not getting it for free and I'm not going to be making any more money from having it. You wonder why I'm pissed off? And that's family abusing the privilege. I'd go on about my next door neighbor who is an alcoholic and also abusing the system, but I don't have the time right now. I have to return to my own anxiety-ridden life.

I wish all these people figuring out how to take lavish trips on disability would tell me how they do it.The last vacation I had was paid for by family and a friend.I would prefer to pay for these things myself.As for getting rich off welfare,I barely get by each month.I don't know anyone on disability that has an easy time of it.As I mentioned,there are some that abuse the system.Becuse they aren't really diabled and work on the side for cash.
I live on less than eight hundred a month,and I have animals that I have to feed.No way could I go to the Bahamas. how did he get there,swim?
As for who works the hardest,you take tests.I carry fifty lb bags of feed,firewood,grow the majority of my own food,and maintain my yard.Just becuse someone is diabled that doesn't make them lazy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I'm not going to be made to feel ashamed for how I feel. Anyone who supports a president like that should be ashamed of themselves. I'm tired of people abusing the damn system. I see them all the time - patients, neighbors and even my own brother (don't think he hasn't gotten some lip from me). You go talk to those people first before you start landing all over me just for stating what a lot of other people who pay into the system are really thinking.

I'm on ssi and I don't support Obama. Just because people are forced to go on the system doesn't mean they support Obama, many vets are on the system, doubt they support Obama, many older people go on the system, not all of them support Obama. So tired of this generalization. Would you rather millions of people die? Maybe you'd rather the hospital you work at be a morgue instead.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I wish all these people figuring out how to take lavish trips on disability would tell me how they do it.The last vacation I had was paid for by family and a friend.I would prefer to pay for these things myself.As for getting rich off welfare,I barely get by each month.I don't know anyone on disability that has an easy time of it.As I mentioned,there are some that abuse the system.Becuse they aren't really diabled and work on the side for cash.
I live on less than eight hundred a month,and I have animals that I have to feed.No way could I go to the Bahamas. how did he get there,swim?
As for who works the hardest,you take tests.I carry fifty lb bags of feed,firewood,grow the majority of my own food,and maintain my yard.Just becuse someone is diabled that doesn't make them lazy.

I only get $700 and when you work they screw you over so bad. I was getting $162 food stamps. Got a job that pays 773a month. After taxes that's 541. Ssa takes 344. Leaves me $197 from which I have to pay $55 for transportation to work. So now I have $142. Housing doesn't acknowledge ssi taking or taxes. So they raised my rent $250. Food stamp does the Same, decreases my food to 16 and my jobs suppose to pay the rest, so I have $142 to pay for $396 of extra rent and food. I'm very likely going have to quit my job I worked so hard for two years to get. :( but I can't afford to pay 254 dollars a month from money I don't make, my savings will quickly be depleted.

So this is why people never get off the system, you lose money if you try. You have to make a ton to get off.
I'm
Ike getting out of the house but I can't keep losing $254 a month.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:19 pm

Misslizard wrote:
We don't get paper stamps anymore,we have one of them there new fangled cards. :D

Leave it to a democrat to know the details.
Kinda proves my point...

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

Sly,

On that last point I agree. The state is very screwed up in this regard. One thing I hear a lot is that if a person getting benefits gets a job very often the wages are not enough to make up for the amount the administration deducts from the benefit. The end result being a person is then putting in more work and making less money than before. I personally think that raising wages is the best solution to this problem and there are various ways to go about it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Kinda proves my point...

They have been in card form for over ten years,just look how out of touch the average conservative is about the poor(don't forget working poor)in their own country. :shameonyou:

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:24 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Kinda proves my point...

They have been in card form for over ten years,just look how out of touch the average conservative is about the poor(don't forget working poor)in their own country. :shameonyou:

I like how he tries to make knowledge sound bad.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:59 pm

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 5:48 pm

Misslizard wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I certainly wish they would tell me too. Things are better since I live in a subsidized home, but I still don't get a lot of money; even in Canada living on disabilities is not a luxury.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 7:18 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Kinda proves my point...

I like how he tries to make knowledge sound bad.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Even my old man (a democrat) admitted that he had voted for Reagan (yes, that Reagan) back then just to get rid of that bumbling Georgia peanut farmer. Apparently a lot of democrats did, hence the term "Reagan Democrat".
What should that tell you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Democrat

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

/\ Didn't picture you as a fan of Orwell.
As for the humble peanut farmer,maybe he wasn't the best president.But he is a fine human being.
I'm not going to judge him on faulty decisions while in office,but a truly devout Christian is suppose to care for the poor,Jesus said so.So all the conservative Christians who b***h about helping the poor aren't truly following the example that Jesus set.He did say you would always have the poor.Mark 14:7