What to do. I'm angry at everyone for nothing.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 3:57 am

I know this will make me unpopular because most people aren't like this but I keep feeling angry at everyone on the bus and in college for nothing and I keep want get the throw stuff at them. I can't concentrate on studying or saying hello to everyone atm. People just talking about their weekend is annoying.

PorridgeGuy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2016, 4:04 am

I'm not a therapist and don't know how you should handle this. But I don't think you have to worry that this post will make you unpopular. I used to have trouble with agression (or maybe meltdowns?) as a toddler. Being angry doesn't make you a bad person.

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

06 Jan 2016, 7:22 am

I too, have this very problem. Except mine is a step further, I literally feel homicidal when it happens.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 9:25 am

Yep....speak about it with your therapist.

I'm glad you're aware of it, and know it's irrational.

I'm glad you don't act upon this anger.

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2016, 9:36 am

Like everyone else has said, it's not a bad idea to talk with a therapist.
I've also been having this problem and it's affecting me and my relationship with my family, though I can't see anyone about it.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 12:57 pm

That's a classic sign of depression, especially in males. I should know: I get that feeling regularly and I went many long years before a professional pointed out the link between 'irrational' anger and depression.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:09 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
That's a classic sign of depression, especially in males. I should know: I get that feeling regularly and I went many long years before a professional pointed out the link between 'irrational' anger and depression.

And you responded by hitting him correct?

Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm

I think this is why i dont keep friends because i cant just walk next to someone without wanting them to leave me alone or getting angry because they dont act like i want them to. I fell out with someone yesterday n they said i was rude always. i said i dont want you to text me unless i text you first because i dont like that person so much, but then instead of just accepting that and following instruction they made a big deal out of it. Its not a difficult thing to do.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

Starfoxx wrote:
...I keep feeling angry at everyone on the bus and in college for nothing and I keep want get the throw stuff at them. I can't concentrate on studying or saying hello to everyone atm.

I deal with these things by smoking copious amounts of marijuana. People are never going to get less annoying.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2016, 1:29 pm

I don't know if this will help you, but it might help me to get it off of my chest.
I am a very gentle person, but when I get depressed or stressed out I am angry at everyone and I want to smash things. I am always able to control myself, but I feel like the Hulk when he is getting all stretchy and green.
It was really scary when our daughter was a baby staying up with her at night and having all that anger surging thru me. By God's grace I never so much as pinched her, but I did destroy a plastic toy truck one night with my son when he was a baby.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

I frequently get angry for the most trivial reasons, always in "crowded" settings, especially when I perceive others are causing me to waste/lose time and/or money. Examples would include...

1. Slow motorists in front of me, especially the old hags that only drive to the grocery store or to visit grandkids.
2. Persons being served ahead of me in a business that are dawdling (lollygagging), or making pointless small talk.
3. Persons who try to make me pause or linger in a place I don't want to. Ranges from panhandlers to marketers.
4. Idiots who want to STAND at the bar when there are plenty of stools available. Sit down or go away, dammit!
5. Persons in a queue who insist on standing several feet behind whoever is in front of them, making the line look longer. Hey, I'm too far away to read the danm menu behind the counter!

If given the opportunity, I will belittle those who display the above behaviours. An example would be following "Granma Glitchbutt" into the supermarket parking lot, rolling down my window as she gets out of her full-sized Oldsmobile, and yelling something at her like, "if you drove any slower, you'd be in reverse!"

Yes, I've had to do anger management classes, but their "professional" conclusion was that as long as I carry antisocial attitudes, I'll always have anger issues. Perhaps they don't understand that's part of my diagnosis?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

Rockymntchris wrote:
If given the opportunity, I will belittle those who display the above behaviours. An example would be following "Granma Glitchbutt" into the supermarket parking lot, rolling down my window as she gets out of her full-sized Oldsmobile, and yelling something at her like, "if you drove any slower, you'd be in reverse!"

Does this make you feel better?

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2016, 1:49 pm

Sorry but I have to admit that people who stand way behind the person in line annoy me especially if they are next to be waited on and I am afraid someone will jump into line ahead of us. Sometimes I will ask if they are in line. If I am capricious and they dont look to scary I will stand real close to them, a lot of times they will inch closer to the person ahead of them.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:53 pm

I finally left Facebook because people gibber jabbering about meaningless BS was annoying the hell out of me. And those cutesy, feel-good memes! I was nauseous on a daily basis! (I'm all better now, though.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:58 pm

Uh oh, looks like we can't be friends, chris & bald-accountant, lol. :lol: :wink:
I'm the opposite. I love to have lots of space between me and other people. I don't want to be close to them, it's invasive.
When a shopping cart thouches my butt, I get annoyed beyond belief.
I wish I could make people behind me take two steps back... lol.

And, well. I have (had and still do) OP's problem too.
I get annoyed by anything and anyone at times.
Interesting that some people have brought up depression as a possible cause... :(

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

You guys could sure benefit from some Mindfulness Meditation. There are other things you can do with your mind besides have it drive your blood pressure up. And while cannabis doubtless takes the edge off, it's still self-medicating with a substance rather than acquiring inner peace.

Yeah, I am aware that this post will irritate some people.

Edit: learn more about mindfulness meditation: http://www.massgeneral.org/about/pressr ... px?id=1329

Last edited by BeaArthur on 06 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.