Sarah Palin endroses Donald Trump for president

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

Well, now we know who the queen of all media whores, and all around simpleton, endorses in the 2016 race to the presidency. I can sleep well at night!

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/19/463633573 ... paign=news

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 6:51 pm

All I can say is: That figures!

It's a pity, because Sarah really isn't as dumb as she seems to be.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm

Maybe she'll be his vice president...
:twisted: :twisted:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm

She may not be dumb, but she has a very lazy mind. She could've educated herself to sound less ignorant after becoming the 2008 Republican candidate for vice president, but she didn't.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 6:59 pm

Nahh, Trump is far too smart to go down that road, Raptor. I'm sure plenty of Dems would love to see that, though.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:09 pm

^ You weren't here in 2011-12 but back then the liberals here were terrified of the thought of her, Michelle Bachman, or Rick Santorum becoming president.

Having Trump as the POTUS for 4-8 years with any one of them as vice would wreak pure hell on the collective psyche of this forum's left. :twisted:

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:34 pm

I don't know what an endrose is but it's been expected since September she has been talking about being his potential VP.

Raptor wrote:
^ You weren't here in 2011-12 but back then the liberals here were terrified of the thought of her, Michelle Bachman, or Rick Santorum becoming president.

Having Trump as the POTUS for 4-8 years with any one of them as vice would wreak pure hell on the collective psyche of this forum's left. :twisted:

Heres an awesome idea to get them in terror!! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Trump for President
Palin for Vice President
Santorum for Secretary of Education
Ron Paul for Secretary of Treasury
Carl Icahn for Ambassador to China
Sheriff Joe Arpaio for head of ICE
Bachmann for Secretary of Interior
Bundy for Bureau of Land Management'
Someone with a purple heart as head of Veterans Affairs (NOT McCain!! !)

Last edited by AntDog on 19 Jan 2016, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm

If this transpires, this country's going down the tubes.

Trump is a Reality Show Star----that's all he is.

It's almost like electing Gorilla Monsoon President.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm

Evangelical Christians candidates do concern me, quite frankly. I never believed Bachmann or Santorum had any kind of chance in hell of being nominated -- and thankfully, I was correct.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:00 pm

AntDog wrote:
I don't know what an endrose is but it's been expected since September she has been talking about being his potential VP.

Raptor wrote:

Trump for President
Palin for Vice President

If only we could make it happen...
:D

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:09 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Evangelical Christians candidates do concern me, quite frankly. I never believed Bachmann or Santorum had any kind of chance in hell of being nominated -- and thankfully, I was correct.

They didnt have a snowball's chance in 2012 and I remember telling them that repeatedly.
Their response was always something like: "Oh, but it's just so disturbing to think that there are actually people out there that support them!!"
As if no one should have anything other than progressive values, to use the word values loosely. :roll:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm

Despite being an atheist, I have no problem with "Christian values." But we're talking about fake Christians, here. I think it's pretty scary that they have supporters, myself. However, we do agree that we don't have to worry about them. They could never get enough of the moderate or independent votes. Hallelujah, praise Jesus!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 12:49 am

Trump should consider the possibility that the Palin endorsement might work the exact opposite, as most Americans recognize her as a raging cretin, and will have yet another reason not to support orangutan hair.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 2:14 am

AntDog wrote:

Raptor wrote:

Trump for President
Palin for Vice President

Wayne LaPierre head of ATF
Pamala Geller ambassador to UN
Bill O'Reilly as head of FCC

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2016, 2:32 am

So much for her deep commitment to conservative values. :roll:

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 2:34 am

This will likely be a boon for the Democrats.

Because of Sarah Palins traction with the Tea Party/evangelical voter segments, it may now be more difficult for the Republicans to sideline Trump and rally behind a candidate with greater chances of winning the general election.

Oh, and some food for thought:

Elis et al. (2010) wrote:
In this paper, we leverage a 10-wave election panel to examine the relative and dynamic effects of voter evaluations of Bush, Palin, Biden, McCain, and Obama in the 2008 presidential election. We show that the effects of these political figures on vote choice evolves through the campaign, with the predictive effects of President Bush declining after the nominees are known, and the effects of the candidates (and Palin), increasing towards Election Day. In evaluating the relative effects of these political figures on individual-level changes in vote choice during the fall campaign, we also find that evaluations of the candidates and Sarah Palin dwarf that of President Bush. Our results suggest a Bayesian model of voter decision making in which retrospective evaluations of the previous administration might provide a starting point for assessing the candidates, but prospective evaluations based on information learned during the campaign helps voters to update their candidate preference. Finally, we estimate the “Palin effect,” based on individual-level changes in favorability towards the vice-presidential nominee, and conclude that her campaign performance cost McCain just under 2% of the final vote share.

Source: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/D_ ... ad39dd.pdf

Although Trump hasn't picked Palin for a VP (as McCain did), there is little reason to suspect that she would broaden his appeal among moderate voters (who are key to winning the presidential election).