Sarah Palin endroses Donald Trump for president

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 2:34 am

This will likely be a boon for the Democrats.

Because of Sarah Palins traction with the Tea Party/evangelical voter segments, it may now be more difficult for the Republicans to sideline Trump and rally behind a candidate with greater chances of winning the general election.

Oh, and some food for thought:

Elis et al. (2010) wrote:
In this paper, we leverage a 10-wave election panel to examine the relative and dynamic effects of voter evaluations of Bush, Palin, Biden, McCain, and Obama in the 2008 presidential election. We show that the effects of these political figures on vote choice evolves through the campaign, with the predictive effects of President Bush declining after the nominees are known, and the effects of the candidates (and Palin), increasing towards Election Day. In evaluating the relative effects of these political figures on individual-level changes in vote choice during the fall campaign, we also find that evaluations of the candidates and Sarah Palin dwarf that of President Bush. Our results suggest a Bayesian model of voter decision making in which retrospective evaluations of the previous administration might provide a starting point for assessing the candidates, but prospective evaluations based on information learned during the campaign helps voters to update their candidate preference. Finally, we estimate the “Palin effect,” based on individual-level changes in favorability towards the vice-presidential nominee, and conclude that her campaign performance cost McCain just under 2% of the final vote share.

Source: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/D_ ... ad39dd.pdf

Although Trump hasn't picked Palin for a VP (as McCain did), there is little reason to suspect that she would broaden his appeal among moderate voters (who are key to winning the presidential election).

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

20 Jan 2016, 5:47 am

Sarah Palin wants her 15 minutes of fame back.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:05 am

Do these endorsements ever really affect anything outside of the media? Anytime someone endorses anyone the media goes crazy for a day then they just move on to the next thing. I doubt the vast majority of the voters care or are even paying attention to what these people say.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 10:04 am

YAHOO! THE CIRCUS IS COMING TO TOWN! :D :D :D :D
And I love circuses like this.

It reminds me of the tiny little circus car that drives out and all those big funny looking clowns start coming out....until you believe they're all out and then one little bitty clown pops out at the end. It's hilarious. All those crazy loony Palin characters we all know and love are back for another engagement. :D

And best of all (??) is (of 30 minutes ago) tRUMP says he has not eliminated her as a running mate. Can you imagine that?? I think he's signing his "political doom" with the thought of Palin as his successor, just the way McCain did.

This election is getting funnier and funnier.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 10:08 am

The GOP ticket of Geezer McCain and Caribou Barbie all over again ...

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 12:08 pm

Another Trumpism, another few tons of free media.

Next week, Palin cannot be VP, because one does not appoint their VP to the Supreme Court.

Moderates? In a world of Left wing death squads, Right wing death squads, who would vote for Moderate Death Squads?

No one including Trump is fit to be President. The others are not fit to be called human.

Trump's main challenge, Hillary, was reported by the Inspector General, Today, as having Above Top Secret State Department email on her private server, and sharing them with her friends. She was still collecting State Department Official Business after she resigned. Now the FBI is making a collection of Hillary Trivia.

Barry and Joe will not be having a garage sale before they leave the White House. They will not be taking the silver with them. We watch them.

Hillary was the worst disaster ever as Secretary of State, and the credit goes to the man who appointed her.

The Stock Market dropped another Trillion today. It has been propped up for the whole Obama nightmare by easy money bailouts, QE1, QE2, QE3rd and Looooong. Someone fought a debt driven recession by doubling down on debt. It is like fighting a money fire by throwing more money on it.

The end result is, it will burn to ashes, and would have been much cheaper eight years ago.

This follows Bush and Halliburton bringing freedom and $100 oil to the world and doubling the National Debt. Barry doubled it again. At least Iraq is free of an evil dictator.

As Malcolm X said, "The chickens will come home to roost."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 6:08 pm

Palin still does her mean Tina Fey impersonation!

When you hear her announce that "He's the man to secure our borders"[ italicized when she goes into that signature high volume screech] you can't stop yourself from laughing.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 6:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is a Reality Show Star----that's all he is.

America is a reality show.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Bill O'Reilly as head of FCC

Perfect.

Fnord wrote:
The GOP ticket of Geezer McCain and Caribou Barbie all over again ...

If Caribou Barbie and Trumpman were marketed to kids, I'm sure they would out sell Hillary Dillary and Blustering Bernie.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 7:21 pm

^Palin is on the same wavelength as children, so maybe they could decipher just what the hell she's babbling about half the time.

And you're right -- America is one big "reality show." Everything, especially politics, is just entertainment. There's an excellent read by Neil Postman entitled, "Amusing Ourselves to Death," that was written over 30 years ago. It explains how this evolved. It's just as pertinent today as it was in the 80s.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm

I just have to laugh at how many people in the media are saying "oh, she's just trying to cling to relevancy" while simultaneously breathlessly reporting her every utterance. I mean, this endorsement shouldn't surprise anyone, she was Trump before Trump after all, so I'm a bit surprised at how much media play it's gotten.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:42 pm

I only put it up for laughs. I'm actually quite fond of Palin. She's a punchline waiting to be written. What's not to like about that?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I just have to laugh at how many people in the media are saying "oh, she's just trying to cling to relevancy" while simultaneously breathlessly reporting her every utterance. I mean, this endorsement shouldn't surprise anyone, she was Trump before Trump after all, so I'm a bit surprised at how much media play it's gotten.

It isn't often I agree with you Dox47, but I do on that one.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jan 2016, 10:33 pm

It's sad how people feel the need to denigrate Sarah Palin, it wouldn't be acceptable to talk about any female democrat the way they talk about her but as with rapist Bill Clinton and rape enabler and destroyer of women Hillary Clinton you cannot count on these leftists to keep any consistency on anything. John McCain didn't lose because of Palin, the only time his campaign ever polled above Obama was immediately after he announced her as his running mate before the full scale assault on her character from all angles of the media. Very familiar isn't it? Her firing up the base is why the media hated her so much, they were not going to allow the narrative to be snatched from them.

Palin is a great speaker because she connects with audiences in ways that other politicians can only dream of, make fun of her accent and down home way of speaking but that is what makes her a real person. I find the rehearsed sermon-esqe cadence of politicians like Barack Obama and Marco Rubio to be incredibly insulting and out of touch, they don't speak our language or represent the values of the people they supposedly represent.

Trump will defeat Hillary and hopefully send her and husband to prison for a very long time, if she had any humanity she'd drop out of the race but it's just a blind ambition and blood lust for power. She'll probably stay in even after she gets indicted by the FBI, Democrats are nominating a LOSER if they nominate Hillary.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 10:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's sad how people feel the need to denigrate Sarah Palin, it wouldn't be acceptable to talk about any female democrat the way they talk about her but as with rapist Bill Clinton and rape enabler and destroyer of women Hillary Clinton you cannot count on these leftists to keep any consistency on anything. John McCain didn't lose because of Palin, the only time his campaign ever polled above Obama was immediately after he announced her as his running mate before the full scale assault on her character from all angles of the media. Very familiar isn't it? Her firing up the base is why the media hated her so much, they were not going to allow the narrative to be snatched from them.

Palin is a great speaker because she connects with audiences in ways that other politicians can only dream of, make fun of her accent and down home way of speaking but that is what makes her a real person. I find the rehearsed sermon-esqe cadence of politicians like Barack Obama and Marco Rubio to be incredibly insulting and out of touch, they don't speak our language or represent the values of the people they supposedly represent.

Trump will defeat Hillary and hopefully send her and husband to prison for a very long time, if she had any humanity she'd drop out of the race but it's just a blind ambition and blood lust for power. She'll probably stay in even after she gets indicted by the FBI, Democrats are nominating a LOSER if they nominate Hillary.

This is the same woman who, instead of reading up on current affairs, as McCain's handlers had wanted her to, spent time tweeting to her "prayer warriors." She's the same woman who displayed ignorance of what was happening in the world, and who believes that dinosaurs lived only thousands - not millions - of years ago.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

This is the same woman who, instead of reading up on current affairs, as McCain's handlers had wanted her to, spent time tweeting to her "prayer warriors." She's the same woman who displayed ignorance of what was happening in the world, and who believes that dinosaurs lived only thousands - not millions - of years ago.

She'd get better caught up on current affairs reading Playboy or Mad Magazine before any of the ridiculous neocon drivel McCain would shove down her throat, her ignoring that POS and going "rogue" was the best thing she ever did.

Smears are smears, most of what has been said about Palin isn't true or a gross misrepresentation. A media hit job, they thought they perfected it before Donald Trump came along.

Do you really think these idiots in congress know even a fraction of the things you think they know about? It's an ultra exclusive country club, these dodos don't even read the bills they vote on. Half of them are most likely on drugs and or receiving money under the table, it's a never ending party on the beltway. The gilded class does everything with in its power to destroy all that challenge it, we live in a 2 party dictatorship where there is no real choice since they both play for the same team. Palin at the very least is not a member of this elitist gilded class I speak of, Hillary is and Jeb most certainly.