Sarah Palin endroses Donald Trump for president

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 1:08 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that's great. We need a Pro-Life president. We need to break the chain that Hitler created.

Just curious.

Where does an individual such as yourself (who is both pro life, and transgender) find someone to vote for?

All of the pro same sex marriage, pro gay rights, politicians, are either Liberal, or are Libertarian type Conservatives. And thus are pro choice.

And all of the anti abortion pols are Dominionist Christian type Conservatives ( Cruz, Santorum, Bachman, and Palin herself), who tend to be anti gay rights, and anti SSM, etc.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jan 2016, 6:34 pm

Palin has always bucked the political establishment, she cleaned out the trash in the notorious corrupt Alaskan politics and went "rogue" on McCain too. I respect what she did as governor of Alaska, she's shown that she's not in bed with the Republican establishment who still denigrate her to this day. I don't believe she is owned or beholden to anyone, she seems like a normal person that broke thru the glass ceiling dividing us normal folks and the political class. That cannot be allowed to the powers that be and they must be destroyed personally and professionally.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 6:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that's great. We need a Pro-Life president. We need to break the chain that Hitler created.

Just curious.

Where does an individual such as yourself (who is both pro life, and transgender) find someone to vote for?

All of the pro same sex marriage, pro gay rights, politicians, are either Liberal, or are Libertarian type Conservatives. And thus are pro choice.

And all of the anti abortion pols are Dominionist Christian type Conservatives ( Cruz, Santorum, Bachman, and Palin herself), who tend to be anti gay rights, and anti SSM, etc.

There are more pro-life people than just 'Dominionist Christians', not everybody has to have a magic book to tell them killing babies is wrong. Many libertarians are pro-life and it is consistent because all it comes down to is whether or not that unborn child is human life or not, protecting the rights of the unborn is something I think is very important to the cause of liberty. We were all were babies once, my parents weren't married when they got pregnant with me, I'm glad I wasn't decapitated with some clothes hanger how about you?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 7:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Many libertarians are pro-life and it is consistent because all it comes down to is whether or not that unborn child is human life or not, protecting the rights of the unborn is something I think is very important to the cause of liberty. We were all were babies once, my parents weren't married when they got pregnant with me, I'm glad I wasn't decapitated with some clothes hanger how about you?

Well, since you're asking, I would have preferred that my parents had aborted me. Neither one of them was able to care for a child. And my life is a trial.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 7:39 pm

o, you don't have to be an evangelical Christian to be be pro-life. But they seem to be the ones who insist on imposing their beliefs on everyone else. I know women who are opposed to abortion, yet the also believe in a women's right to choose.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

I think it is cowardly the people that recognize the immorality of abortion, the literal murder of children, but still support it in practice under the auspice of 'choice.' Since when is okay to choose to murder someone? It's not just your body anymore, aborting a child is a taking life. If you believe it is a human life then what you are saying is that murder of the innocent is sometimes permissible if it furthers yourself. I respect the people who just say it's a clump of cells way more, at least 'choice' in their context makes sense. I disagree with them, I think they're misguided at best and lack a certain humanity but at least they're consistent.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

Whether you consider it a "clump of cells" or a human life is irrelevant. As long as that life is dependent on its host, it is nobody's business except the woman carrying said life.

I don't find most people who insist abortion should be outlawed are not particularly "pro-life" at all. They only care about life before birth. Once it's out of he womb, they couldn't care less. I doubt any of them would be willing to adopt the product of a sibling tryst.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Whether you consider it a "clump of cells" or a human life is irrelevant. As long as that life is dependent on its host, it is nobody's business except the woman carrying said life.

I don't find most people who insist abortion should be outlawed are not particularly "pro-life" at all. They only care about life before birth. Once it's out of he womb, they couldn't care less. I doubt any of them would be willing to adopt the product of a sibling tryst.

Another thing, outlawing abortion doesn't get rid of abortions. We'll just go back to the days of back alley abortions when it wasn't uncommon for women to die during the procedure. It will also mean that some less than savory characters will get involved. The people like Kermit Gosnell will suddenly see an increase in demand.

And Jacoby, the coat hanger abortions are the result of a lack of access to qualified medical professionals. Making legal abortion unavailable leads people to engage in that sort of thing.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

If I were ever to have kids I'd probably would strongly consider adopting considering a) obviously all the unwanted needy children in the world and b)my genetics aren't special anyways. It's not even just the Autism really, my dad + 2 brothers were both epileptic with learning disabilities so I was lucky to dodge that bullet on top of it all.

A lot of lives are dependent, dependency doesn't stop at the womb and for some people it lasts their entire lives so it is very troubling to me the idea that someone thinks that holding this power over someone gives them the right to choose whether they live or die.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 10:47 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Another thing, outlawing abortion doesn't get rid of abortions. We'll just go back to the days of back alley abortions when it wasn't uncommon for women to die during the procedure. It will also mean that some less than savory characters will get involved. The people like Kermit Gosnell will suddenly see an increase in demand.

And Jacoby, the coat hanger abortions are the result of a lack of access to qualified medical professionals. Making legal abortion unavailable leads people to engage in that sort of thing.

Monsters like Kermit Gosnell should be executed, I have no reservations saying that. It is these doctors who are the real criminals not these desperate women who more often than not are being pressured by someone else to abort.

Outlawing anything doesn't get rid of it, murder is illegal the last time I check and it happens every day. All these people that supposedly died from back ally abortions is a myth, women still die from abortions today and probably in greater numbers because the much higher volume of abortions which has become an industry in of itself built on the bodies parts of these murdered children. So tell me, are all the ghettos nicer now without all those unwanted children? Are our communities better off now before 1973? They are killing millions of our brothers and sisters, they are destroying the future of our country.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 8:21 am

Jacoby

Kermit Gosnell is a criminal even though abortion is legal. That was my point what he did wasn't what happens in legitimate clinics. I personally don't believe in the death penalty but I do think he should spend the rest of his life in prison. And I think making abortion illegal will just lead to an increase of women going to people like him rather than actual doctors.

Anyway, since we don't agree on the basics of this subject debating it is pointless. We'll just keep talking past each other.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 12:55 pm

Kermit Gosnell existed in an era of legal abortion, I don't really believe that people would rush to these illegal and dangerous butchers. I think people like Kermit Gosnell should be hunted down and thrown in prison, the abortion industry has almost zero oversight and is protected from even the most basic regulation. Women still die from abortions, it's not a perfectly safe procedure so the industrial scale of which it is done now probably results in the deaths and injury of more women total than those desperate enough to go the "back ally". Roe v Wade made it a national issue, it created law where it didn't exist before. A manufactured activist decision. Before that the states and the people could decide, no where in the constitution do I see a right to abortion but I do remember them mention something about life and liberty. I watched those Planned Parenthood videos and we're dealing with evil people who do not value human life, be it the mothers or the child they killed. It is eugenics, a genocide, millions and millions of people have been killed and I don't think women or us as a society are better off. Western civilization is committing suicide, look at the birth rates and the main difference between the more "fertile" groups and those peoples below replacement level(going extinct) is their attitude toward abortion. No, you will most likely not agree but now you know how I feel. There will be a demographic collapse, foreigners won't save us if they can't/don't assimilate but if they did now that would mean embracing this culture of abortion.

Last edited by Jacoby on 22 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

I am left leaning, but abortion and capital punishment are two things that I disagree with left wing politics tremendously. There is nothing innately wrong with capital punishment, as it is simply a punishment for a crime when it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. It deters crime and helps make society safer. Abortion can be justified in cases where a women's life is in danger and a few other instances, but that is about it.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:51 pm

Deltaville wrote:
There is nothing innately wrong with capital punishment, as it is simply a punishment for a crime when it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. It deters crime and helps make society safer.

Source?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:55 pm

Jacoby,

It's kind of amazing, I disagree with virtually all of that. But yeah a debate isn't going anywhere.

On the death penalty. First off I think life in prison is arguably worse than death. Another thing is our justice system is ust too infallible to trust it with that. Innocent people do get executed.

P.S. Damn captcha

Last edited by Lukeda420 on 22 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

Deltaville wrote:
I am left leaning, but abortion and capital punishment are two things that I disagree with left wing politics tremendously. There is nothing innately wrong with capital punishment, as it is simply a punishment for a crime when it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. It deters crime and helps make society safer. Abortion can be justified in cases where a women's life is in danger and a few other instances, but that is about it.

Have you any idea how many major miscarriages of justice there have been in the US with people on death row?

There is no evidence that the death plenty is a deterrent. It is not as if there is a conclusive correlation between homicides and the death penalty.