Sarah Palin endroses Donald Trump for president

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

Deltaville wrote:
I am left leaning, but abortion and capital punishment are two things that I disagree with left wing politics tremendously. There is nothing innately wrong with capital punishment, as it is simply a punishment for a crime when it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. It deters crime and helps make society safer. Abortion can be justified in cases where a women's life is in danger and a few other instances, but that is about it.

Have you any idea how many major miscarriages of justice there have been in the US with people on death row?

There is no evidence that the death plenty is a deterrent. It is not as if there is a conclusive correlation between homicides and the death penalty.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 2:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
... and we're dealing with evil people who do not value human life, be it the mothers or the child they killed.

To me this is a question of human life versus human experience. As I mentioned earlier, if the experience is unpleasant, the life is less valuable. It's the same with euthanasia. If life becomes an unfulfilled burden, head to the great egress.
I think your belief in life at all costs is evil.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 2:48 pm

Most pro-lifers are f*****g hypocrites! Life is “sacred?” If they believed that they wouldn't be in favor of the death penalty. (Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to punish someone for killing by killing them). And they're usually the first to in favor of bombing the s**t out of countries that harbor terrorists! Yeah, life is “sacred,” so let's go over and there and kill thousands of innocent civilians under the guise of the war on terrorism!

These pro-life Christian evangelicals make me want to puke!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

I think that often women are not so much concerned about the physical trials of reproduction so much as the quality of life that will be available to their offspring.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 3:33 pm

^Exactly! There's way too much emphasis being put on the sanctity of life, vs quality of life.

A little food for thought from the comic master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Djohakx_FE

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm

Vote pandering does bring attention to some strange people.

The only thing wrong with it is the vast number of strange people.

Well reasoned and intelligent has lost every election.

This is self created as one side is for change, change everything, then change it again, because change is progress, and being Progressive is all that counts.

The other side can only say, some things never change.

JEB Bush waited by the phone for the call from McCain offering him the VP slot. It never came, even though he was next in line. He had the power and position to trash Palin, and now wonders why she did not endorse him.

The Republican establishment was not thrown under the bus, they stepped in front of it when they said people with less than an Ivy League Degree should not be allowed to vote.

The money and connections elite became such a small and exclusive club, Skull and Bones and a few friends, that no one noticed when they lost all power with the decline of newspapers and TV. You can not sell a politician on the Internet like marketing soap powder.

When the Media says Trump wants to ban all Muslims, those who favor it look on UTube for the original video and are disappointed, Trump never said that. Instant reality checks are bad for Media.

While Trump was misreported, the other candidates jumped in and said Trump is wrong and horrible, not fit to be President, but when elected, I will flood America with anyone who wants to come! Several who sounded like the leading Democrats were running for the Republican vote. Their support with Republican voters dropped.

Democrats who denounced Trump lost support among illegal aliens, who think the country has enough immigrants.

Homosexuals object, because now having the right to marry, they have been granted The Green Card Machine. The marry a homosexual path to American Citizenship. That is worth five to seven years support and a six figure divorce settlement. Prenups make it legal. It is the fast track to Citizenship, a Passport, and the right to bring your family over. It is in their enlightened self interest to be against all other forms of immigration, citizenship through marriage could be worth over a million. The cycle, marriage to citizenship is short, in three, five, or seven years, they can divorce and do it again.

They now outnumber retired State Department people who run Immigration Services worldwide, using their knowledge, connections, friends, to milk funds from would be immigrants for years.

Immigration has become a Gay Dating Service. They like Trump's restrictions and lower taxes.

Illegals are not taking over Wall Street Banker jobs. The main groups who would gain by their deportation are Blacks, Rednecks, Legal Hispanics. America gains because they pay Social Security, and they could use the income. Five dollar an hour painters, roofers, masons, have destroyed the American trades.

This is going to be one fun election.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jan 2016, 5:45 pm

I wouldn't make quality of life assessments on other people's behalf lest you'd be comfortable with the shoe being on the other foot with someone questioning the value of your life. Something tells me a little man with a toothbrush mustache probably wouldn't be to sympathetic to someone like me.That's what's wrong with our culture, we don't value life in it and I think it shows in the disintegration our communities and the American family.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 5:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I wouldn't make quality of life assessments on other people's behalf lest you'd be comfortable with the shoe being on the other foot with someone questioning the value of your life.

I'm comfortable with it. My country, Canada has recently gone ahead with plans to implement access to euthanasia.

Quote:
Something tells me a little man with a toothbrush mustache probably wouldn't be to sympathetic to someone like me.

What's with all the nazi crap? Abortion is much older than that.

Your dogma doesn't value life, it values what the label on the Petrie dish says.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 8:29 pm

Deltaville wrote:
I am left leaning, but abortion and capital punishment are two things that I disagree with left wing politics tremendously. There is nothing innately wrong with capital punishment, as it is simply a punishment for a crime when it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. It deters crime and helps make society safer. Abortion can be justified in cases where a women's life is in danger and a few other instances, but that is about it.

I'm also a liberal who leans toward the pro-life position. But what really mystifies me is how the right wingers who are so pro-life are also the very people who want to cut social programs for desperately poor mothers and children, who they describe as takers and leaches. Like the old saying goes: the right cares about you before you're born and after you die, but not in between.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:48 am

Trump - the man with the greatest memory in the world - has said that Scott Brown was the "first to endorse him". He forgot that Sarah P. did it a month earlier!