Page 48 of 72 [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 72  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:07 pm

I RECENTLY BOUGHT GOOD OMENS. I'M WAITING, SINCE I BOUGHT IT ONLINE. IF I DON'T LIKE IT, I"LL GIVE IT TO MY DAD.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:51 pm

I REMEMBER HAVING READ IT - RECALLING MINOR DETAILS ONLY, PLUS ONE BIG SPOILER. I DON'T THINK THAT'S A NEGATIVE REVIEW, IIRC MY LIFE WAS PRETTY INTENSE AT THE TIME.

AAAAAAND .... I STILL HAVE A COPY. THANKS FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT THIS ONE!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

YOU'RE WELCOME. THEN AGAIN, IF I DO LIKE IT, I'LL SHOW IT TO MY DAD ANYWAY. :mrgreen:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:26 am

MY DAD IS THE ONE WHO INTRODUCED ME TO WHAT WAS THEN CALLED F&SF IN THE FIRST PLACE. HE WOULD HAVE LOVED DISCWORLD. IF HE WERE STILL HERE WE'D BE ANNOYING THE POO OUT OF MY MOTHER WITH IT, IF SHE WERE STILL HERE.

NO WORRIES, I'M AT PEACE WITH THEIR PASSING, AND GLAD TO HAVE FOND MEMORIES BROUGHT BACK.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:59 am

DISCWORLD BOOKS ARE SO FAR THE ONLY BOOKS I'VE READ THAT AFTER FINISHING THEM, I IMMEDIATELY WANT TO READ THEM ALL OVER AGAIN.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

THIEF OF TIME DEFINITELY AFFECTED ME LIKE THAT. NIGHT WATCH. THUD! AND THE FIFTH ELEPHANT.

SOME OF SEANAN MCGUIRE'S BOOKS AFFECT ME THE SAME WAY.

I NOTICED ON ANOTHER THREAD (FORGOT WHERE) THAT YOU ARE WRITING A BOOK?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:33 pm

YES, I AM. I'VE WRITTEN THREE OTHERS, AND SOMEHOW THEY'RE ALL KIND OF IN A SERIES. I'M NOT SURE HOW THAT HAPPENED. :lol: BUT THEY CAN BE READ IN ANY ORDER. MY LATEST ONE IS KIND OF HALLOWEEN-ISH, BUT GENRES HAVE NO BOARDERS WHEN I'M AROUND. :D

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:48 pm

EXTREMELY 8) .

BEING OLDER CAN BE OBNOXIOUS: I WANT TO ASK WHAT GENRE. AND IF YOU'VE PUBLISHED.

I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE IN ANY WAY, AND I SOMEHOW WANT TO CONVEY THAT I THINK BOOK BLOGS AND ONLINE FANFIC COUNT AS PUBLISHED AND I ALSO THINK THAT VIDEO GAME RELATED FICTION SHARED ONLINE COUNTS.

BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THESE ARE PROPERLY CALLED.

(RE FANFIC, IT HAS BEEN YEARS SINCE I VISITED THE L-SPACE WEB AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S EVEN STILL THERE. LAST TIME I LOOKED ON DEVIANTART, THEY STILL CALLED THAT FANART, SO HERE'S HOPING I HAVE NOT ENTIRELY FAILED TO COMMUNICATE PROPERLY :oops: :oops: :oops: )

EDIT IN: MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MYSELF COULD NOT WRITE FICTION IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT! GENUINELY ADMIRE THOSE WHO CAN.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

WELL, SO FAR, MY FOURTH BOOK IS FANTASY-TINY BIT OF SCI-FI-SUPERNATURAL-SPIRITUAL-MYSTERY-TINY BIT OF TIME TRAVEL THAT ISN'T REALLY-ROMANCE. :mrgreen: :lol: AS I SAID, NO BOARDERS.
I'M NOT PUBLISHED YET, UNFORTUNATELY. I WANT TO PUBLISH MY FIRST ONE BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY NEXT YEAR. THAT'S MY NEW GOAL.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:57 pm

I HOPE YOU SUCCEED :-)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 9:51 am

THANK YOU. BY THE WAY, I NOW HAVE MORE DISCWORLD BOOKS: WYRD SISTERS, WITCHES ABROAD, INTERESTING TIMES, SOURCERY, THE LAST CONTINENT, THE WEE FREE MEN, A HAT FULL OF SKY, AND THE EDUCATED RODENTS. i NEED SOME DEFINITE MEASURES TAKEN TO STOP MY OVERSPENDING ON BOOKS...*SIGH*

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 10:27 am

^^ :oops: :oops: SINCERE APOLOGIES KURAUDO, I DID NOT MEAN TO GHOST. HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH NASTY HEALTH SURPRISES, PLURAL, AND DIDN'T VIEW HOGFATHER UNTIL THIS WEEK. PLANNED TO WATCH IT/THANK YOU MUCH SOONER. :oops: :oops:

ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY, WELL DONE AND INCREDIBLY WELL CAST, BUT IT WOULD BE WOULDN'T IT. LOVED SEEING PTERRY AT THE END IN THE CAMEO.

SERIOUS THANKS. I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME TO FIND THE FULL LENGTH FILMS/VIDS/ETC. - IF I EVER DID. I KNEW PTERRY HAD SWORN OFF HOLLYWOOD (DESERVEDLY), DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE DID INSTEAD!

ALSO, YOU'VE GIVEN ME A FRESH SHOPPING LIST - I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE NAC MAC FEEGLE BOOKS OR ANY OF THE TIFFANY ACHING ONES.

(NASTY HEALTH SURPRISES INCLUDE LOSING A CROWN AND TRYING TO FIND AN ENDODONTIST ANYWHERE NEAR AND TRYING TO GET IN TO SET UP AN EXTRACTION AND, AND. UGH. HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY PRESENT FOR A WEEK AT LEAST, TILL LATE YESTERDAY. STILL ATEN'T.)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

NO PROBLEM AT ALL. :)

DID YOU NOTICE, NEAR THE END, WHEN TEATIME IS TRYING TO CONVINCE THE CHILDREN THAT DEATH IS SCARY, DEATH IS STANDING IN THE BACKGROUND HOLDING A COOKIE, AS IF WONDERING 'SO, DO I GET TO EAT THIS NOW, OR NOT?' :lol:

I DID HAVE THE WEE FREE MEN YEARS AGO, BUT I [FOOLISHLY] GAVE IT AWAY. NOW I HAVE IT BACK.

BOO HAS A NEW FAVOURITE SPOT: A WOVEN SEAGRASS BASKET. I TOOK A PICTURE OF HER SITTING IT IT.

[OH, THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE. :( I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.]

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 11:10 am

FROM TEABEFOREWAR AT DEVIANTART. DEATH WITH MORT.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE. THERE'S JUST US. THANKS AGAIN.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

^WOW, THAT'S AWESOME! :D

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

YAY! CAPS! THIS IS FUN!